PDA

View Full Version : Post deliveries in Amarilla Golf are not delivered to my house. What can I do?

Kinney61
22-08-2012, 19:18
Sorry folks

Me again, with more questions.

I have been advised that my post will not be delivered to my house address, but to the community office, and that it will be returned to the Post Office if not collected after one month. I am gutted, as I won't be there every month and face the hassle of trying to get it back from the Post Office or the original sender. Very concerned that I will miss invoices and may miss paying for something important. Can we insist the Post Office delivers to our home (if we fit a post box?) Is there anyone on the forum who also does not live in Amarilla full time that can let me know how they get round this?

All ideas much appreciated.

K

tfs_longlets
22-08-2012, 21:05
Bit non specific in my answer as I don't know your complex.

You will learn that, where Correos is concerned, you can insist on NOTHING. If you try, you will get no post at all. They are a law unto themselves.

Make sure that you pay for everything either in advance or when you purchase and arrange direct debits where possible. You state that you will not be here some months. If a bill is issued and you don't receive it or are not here, it will be too late. Mostly, you do not get a reminder.

Who advised you that the Community Office will return your post if not collected? This is most unusual. They may clear out uncollected post after a while, but monthly seems a bit harsh. My advice would be, befriend the community office,ask them specifically and explain your situation and your fears. Ask them to save your post for you. Please take heart from the fact that there are thousands of people in the same circumstance. They have survived. You are not alone.

The other alternative is to rent an Apartado de Correos (P O Box) in your local post office, (mine recently renewed at about €50 for a year) and have all your post delivered there. One of the best investments I made on arrival here in 1994.

karinagal
22-08-2012, 22:50
My mail is kept for me at the community office. They have bundles of bills from Endesa and Canaagua stacked by complex (Leo, Virgo etc). There are sectioned shelves for other mail. I think the only mail that gets returned is anything sent that requires a signature and it's not the community office that sends it back.. A notice (like the card you get from the uk post office if you miss a parcel or registered letter) is put in the box/area corresponding to the initial of your surname (G for me..) saying that an item is being held for you at the post office. If you don't pick the item up within a month, then it's returned to sender..

The undisputed queen of de-nial

Kinney61
23-08-2012, 08:41
Many thanks for both replies which were really helpful! I will take note of the advise not to wind up the Post Office! I'm sure all will settle down and work out eventually. Just Newby nerves I guess :-)

Thanks again.

karinagal
23-08-2012, 10:47
Many thanks for both replies which were really helpful! I will take note of the advise not to wind up the Post Office! I'm sure all will settle down and work out eventually. Just Newby nerves I guess :-)

Thanks again.

I know exactly what you mean - I stressed over loads of little things when I first bought my apartment! :D when are you next out? Maybe we could meet for a coffee? I'm out in 2 weeks on Scorpio.. :p

Kinney61
23-08-2012, 13:17
Hi

Thanks for your message, nice to know I'm not the only person that gets stressed with move etc.... We won't get over till October unfortunately, work gets in the way of enjoyment :cry:

It would be good to meet up some time - I will post dates when I get the flights sorted, if you are over too, we could wander round to Scorpio bar to say Hi. Are you from Cumbernauld?? I am originally, from Balloch,Loch Lomond so will be nice to speak to fellow countrymen/women!!

Ian_N
28-08-2012, 22:20
Pretty sure that electric bills etc get sent back after 15 days as i was getting nothing for the bar so got the electric company to send it too my house address. Once you change names of electric etc for the apartment yes just do direct debit you will only have a problem obviously if no funds. The post on pebble beach does sit there but not for utility fees.

slodgedad
28-08-2012, 22:48
Some complexes only have bulk deliveries for some reason.

The only thing I can suggest is that you have a word with the community office and request your mail is kept.

karinagal
29-08-2012, 19:08
Hi

Thanks for your message, nice to know I'm not the only person that gets stressed with move etc.... We won't get over till October unfortunately, work gets in the way of enjoyment :cry:

It would be good to meet up some time - I will post dates when I get the flights sorted, if you are over too, we could wander round to Scorpio bar to say Hi. Are you from Cumbernauld?? I am originally, from Balloch,Loch Lomond so will be nice to speak to fellow countrymen/women!!

Yes, I'm from Balloch in Cumbernauld!! A good few years back I cycled from Balloch to Balloch and part way home again!! Would be nice to meet up so drop me a line when you book your next trip..