PDA

View Full Version : We are having problems with a rental agent in Tenerife

lundinfred
23-08-2012, 10:13
I would warn anyone who will rent out or buy real estate to home sweet home real estate agent.

I contacting home sweet home when I had to rent out my apartment in las americas. They found someone who wanted to hire quickly and I had to pay them a fee for it. Later it turned out to be the daughter of realeste agent who also works for the company!

We did not receive a contract from them! The most recent was getting late rents, electricity and water months overdue and was told that they rent out my apartment without my permission for holiday accommodation and makes a lot of money on it!

I rented out my apartment because my son has severe asthma and we wanted to see if he was better if we lived a little towards the mountains.My son did not get better and did not feel good to move around. He wanted to move back home, he misses his room. So I gave them 30 days notice that we have agreed.

Now they refuse to move out, and my family and I have nowhere to live in three weeks.
They say they have the law on their side, that she can stay as long as she pays the rent.

But I've also the law on my side, one must not be late with rent and fees, you may not rent to third personer.Och you must pay taxes on your earnings.But I have to get a cort order to get her out. What takes months!

My son cry and wonder why we can not move hem.He starts soon at school wingate and I do not want him to have to move around and feel bad.

They are horrible people who do this! We're just a family that wants it back home.

I knew when I rented out that this happened steering people refuse to move out, so chose carefully to who I let it to but thought I would never get this problem.

So want to give a warning to all.

Balcony
23-08-2012, 11:55
Sorry, but it's too stupid for word to rent out a property with FIRST having a contract. This is basic.

You do have a problem. You should go to a lawyer for proper advice. The police may do nothing, but it is worth asking if they can help.

If rent is being paid then they could stay for 5 years! You have no contract that says the renter cannot sub-let. However, if the renter does sub-let then the renter must pay tax on the income, so here you have a means to put pressure on them to vacate your home. Tell them you will tell the tax authorites.

Also, as you have no contract it is unspecified who has to pay electricty, water and community fees it is ultimately your responsibility as the owner.

If they are late in paying rent then you have to give them written notice.

curlytop
23-08-2012, 12:11
Maybe they were promised a contract which never materialised! I feel for you Lundinfred, and I guess it's a valuable lesson for any future lettings.
Do you have an email address for them? If so please pm it to me - I'm in the right mood to send them a message to say how disgusted I am that they would allow a sick child to suffer as a result of their behaviour. Maybe a few others on here would do the same.