PDA

View Full Version : Unacceptable behaviour of neighbours with rentals in Tenerife

yourneighbourdi
24-08-2012, 18:42
Have a serious prob with Spanish Neighbor's ..first time in 10yrs. Would appreciate advice please. Gone down all the official roads so not happening..ongoing and not a good situation....seems like you cannot win no matter how much you pay your rent in advance......but would make a very interesting story..re: rentals?

chifleta
24-08-2012, 20:52
I'd usually say no owner/tenant rental story could surprise me any more... but after hearing about a decent couple I know personally, after renting an apartment for 3 year (and they are ideal tenants and the owners even had a drink in the apartment with these people on many an occassion) the owners came along one day out of the blue, broke in to apartment, changed locks and threw all their belongings in the street, apart from valuable stuff that the owners kept(stole), and proceded to accuse this couple of squatting, and now the couple are having to wait for it to go through the courts.... and of course, they had no rental agreement .... so it's complicated ...

yourneighbourdi
24-08-2012, 21:05
I have a rental agreement..contract etc...no probs with owners just Neighbors..gone on a year now and becoming out of hand..if it was not for my 2 dogs i would need bail now..enough and completely unnecessary..if my Neighbors do not like UK people not my prob..i do not invade their life but apparently they can completely disrupt mine....so let's see!!!!

Suej
24-08-2012, 21:37
I have a rental agreement..contract etc...no probs with owners just Neighbors..gone on a year now and becoming out of hand..if it was not for my 2 dogs i would need bail now..enough and completely unnecessary..if my Neighbors do not like UK people not my prob..i do not invade their life but apparently they can completely disrupt mine....so let's see!!!!

What sort of bad behaviour are we talking about di?

yourneighbourdi
25-08-2012, 18:32
Thanks SueJ . Too much to explain on here...only one way to go with this..Far too much Red-tape involved....not prepared to wait that long..not in the wrong..never have been so let the Guardia sort it out :)

Suej
25-08-2012, 18:40
Thanks SueJ . Too much to explain on here...only one way to go with this..Far too much Red-tape involved....not prepared to wait that long..not in the wrong..never have been so let the Guardia sort it out :)

Sorry to hear that others are trying to make your life a misery! I do hope it gets sorted!:goodluck:

chifleta
25-08-2012, 21:37
are the neighbours also tenants? if they are, maybe you could speak to owner of that property, or ask the owner of yours to speak to them?... if it's at the stage where no discussion is possible, well, you'll have to go through all the red tape legal channels ..police/guardia civil ....

ohhhh to win the lottery and buy a 20,000 sqm plot of land (other half laughs when I say that, but it would be my idea of heaven... no neighbours)

cainaries
25-08-2012, 22:27
are the neighbours also tenants? if they are, maybe you could speak to owner of that property, or ask the owner of yours to speak to them?... if it's at the stage where no discussion is possible, well, you'll have to go through all the red tape legal channels ..police/guardia civil ....

ohhhh to win the lottery and buy a 20,000 sqm plot of land (other half laughs when I say that, but it would be my idea of heaven... no neighbours)

Oh, but you'd never get permission to build on it! You'd have to burrow down and make a cave.

Sorry to OP with problems with the neighbours. Probably most of us have been there in one country or another.

chifleta
26-08-2012, 14:36
Oh, but you'd never get permission to build on it! You'd have to burrow down and make a cave.

Sorry to OP with problems with the neighbours. Probably most of us have been there in one country or another.

i've got gypsy blood, i'd be more than happy with one of those hooooooge caravans LOL

madness1
26-08-2012, 15:14
Go out for the night and play the go compare advert for 24 hours non stop on a recording loop at high volume that should even things out.

Javi
27-08-2012, 00:03
I would like to think that those neighbours are not Spanish but I am afraid they are.

Do not give up...

warbey
27-08-2012, 20:51
You get bad Neighbours of all Nationalities.

Hope its sorted sooner rather than later Di.

M.

Susief
27-08-2012, 20:59
English neighbours can be worse!

I know where you are coming from, bad/noisy neighbours can make life unbearable!

Leaving howling/barking dogs for long periods! Coming and going at all hours of the night/early hours!

Thank goodness our neighbour was asked to leave the property!

Can't you report them to your community/president?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yourneighbourdi
28-08-2012, 00:39
Please note any more threatening behavior, abusive language used against me or my dogs is recorded....

"Por favor, tenga en cuenta cualquier comportamiento abusivo hacia más a mí ya mis perros se registra."

Reason this is posted on here is because i know it will be recorded somewhere else and dated..
Apparently i now have dangerous dog (Kute) !!!!!

yourneighbourdi
31-08-2012, 23:42
I would like to think that those neighbours are not Spanish but I am afraid they are.

Do not give up...

Definitely not giving up..this may be my home for another 10yrs!
Takes me back to 1970..council estate in Leeds..bit's of bikes..bad mannered kids..Spanish economy now so may have to resort to their tactics....no court will ever evict people with kids...unacceptable behavior or not! :idea:

Margaretta
01-09-2012, 00:40
The trouble with people who behave like this is that they haven't the good manners and intellect to be reasoned with and therefore only officialdom can sort this. Unfortunately the processes are slow and in the meantime you probably can't sleep with the unhappiness and annoyance it is causing you and yours. Aggression begets aggression so that doesn't work.
Your Neighbourdi I am right behind you and genuinely sympathise. We actually moved in the UK because at that time even our neighbour's sister, a policewoman, couldn't reason with the man who was making our lives a misery. The law has changed now but my non-violent husband was becoming so repeatedly furious that I was worried about the consequences. Occasionally visitors below us in Tenerife have been 'difficult' for the duration of their stay. Now I believe you can call out the Guardia and they will deal with noise and fighting more promptly.
Just reading and you mention your dogs two or three times. I may be barking up the wrong tree (excuse the pun!) but do you go out to work and the dogs bark for much of the day? If so can you move them during the day? Or are the neighbours just making up stories to annoy you? Unpleasant people can make themselves so plausible to authorities. You need witnesses and to catch them behaving badly. All good wishes to you that the situation can be peacefully resolved.

placeinthesun
06-01-2014, 21:04
Tenerife is a hell to live, especialy Chayofa where every house has got 2,3,4, barking dogs in the garden when the owners are at work.Was suposed to be paradise became hell, I'm selling again here and move back to my country.

amanda
06-01-2014, 22:40
Tenerife is a hell to live, especialy Chayofa where every house has got 2,3,4, barking dogs in the garden when the owners are at work.Was suposed to be paradise became hell, I'm selling again here and move back to my country.

Same where we live,

placeinthesun
08-01-2014, 19:03
so I guess its not worth looking for an other place as its everywhere the same here... I think I rather prefer rain and cold and have some peace in my house then every day headache and stress because of 10 barking dogs in the back gardens.

amanda
08-01-2014, 19:27
so I guess its not worth looking for an other place as its everywhere the same here... I think I rather prefer rain and cold and have some peace in my house then every day headache and stress because of 10 barking dogs in the back gardens.

Ours are enlish and argentinos eaither side both rent one collects rubbish from the dumpsters oh happy days unfortunately we brought.

Tojack
08-01-2014, 20:04
Have to agree Placinthesun.But what a great village to live in