PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Tenerife forum, it used to have intelligent threads?

scoregolfbob
16-06-2011, 20:07
I have been on the old forum for quite a while and met some nice people, now it is full of bored old housewifes/househusbands, i thought the idea of this forum was to promote Tenerife and offer advice, now it is just a place where the users just slag each other off WHY, where are all the good posters gone and why have they gone ? ?

Harmonicaman
16-06-2011, 20:10
Here's a good poster...
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/one_million_years_bc_site.jpg

scoregolfbob
16-06-2011, 20:13
Still the best, welch, but should be Welsh LOL

tonypub
16-06-2011, 20:16
Still the best, welch, but should be Welsh LOLand from whales

mike in chayofa
16-06-2011, 20:19
................where are all the good posters gone and why have they gone ?

I am not sure that they have gone. Some people registered under a new username, but most of the 'old faces' are still here.

Any forum is only as good as the members, but looking at the statistics, we have had:

47.011 visits to the site and 544.645 page views.

Membership is growing daily.

Not bad for just a few weeks :spin:

with cheese
16-06-2011, 20:22
I have been on the old forum for quite a while and met some nice people, now it is full of bored old housewifes/househusbands, i thought the idea of this forum was to promote Tenerife and offer advice, now it is just a place where the users just slag each other off WHY, where are all the good posters gone and why have they gone ? ?

Yet again a post aimed at upsetting people and name calling.
If people want to know anything about Tenerife they ask and get brilliant answers.
Lets all follow what you want then and have a trip advisor forum.
I have not seen you post before on here or the old forum and so far it has just been to start a confrontation and funny that Primrose has always thanked you for doing that.

I would like to make a point that I know a few of you on here that like me are not bored but very active in life and helping others. I know also others of you that don't have such great mobility and enjoy having a bit of fun and also giving back to others that need help.
Me I am not bored I have a very active life and am sitting here tonight looking after my 6 month old granddaughter who is well a kip. I can't do anything but sit here with her so thought I would see if everyone is OK, having fun or need help.
So bored I am not, househusband defoe not, fun loving defoe am.

scoregolfbob
16-06-2011, 20:22
Hi Mike, i agree with your statistics, but quality would be better in my eyes than quantity.

Bob

Added after 4 minutes:

With chees you have a problem, i have not name called as you say, but if the cap fits well HEY, sorry mike i meant to add love your jokes,
Bob

mike in chayofa
16-06-2011, 20:31
Hi Mike, i agree with your statistics, but quality would be better in my eyes than quantity.

Bob

All the usefull information is on the forum for people to see, so it is only things that people can't find, want to know or ask advice about that is mostly being created at the moment. The forum will develop in the way that the members want it to.

Membership and visits are obviously going to be predominently from Spain and UK. Interestingly enough, the statistics show that UK use is outrunning Spanish use by quite a lot. I suspect that people are looking for information about Tenerife for a forthcoming visit (perhaps?), getting the information that they want and will hopefully report on their experiences at a later date

tizzywizzy
16-06-2011, 20:36

comments like that is not going to encourage people to post again.:doh:

Susief
16-06-2011, 20:38
One thing I love about our forum is that you can be having a rubbish day and come on and some of the posts are so funny that it brightens the day! It wouldn't do for it to be all serious!

SGB if we wanted serious on every thread we would join TA! Not my cup of tea! Maybe you should 'go with the flow!'

with cheese
16-06-2011, 20:44
All the usefull information is on the forum for people to see, so it is only things that people can't find, want to know or ask advice about that is mostly being created at the moment. The forum will develop in the way that the members want it to.

Membership and visits are obviously going to be predominently from Spain and UK. Interestingly enough, the statistics show that UK use is outrunning Spanish use by quite a lot. I suspect that people are looking for information about Tenerife for a forthcoming visit (perhaps?), getting the information that they want and will hopefully report on their experiences at a later date
I think also Mike many stay on here and enjoy the chat with locals and it encourages them to go back and use facilities of members, become friends.
There is also a lot of advice hidden in the fun threads.
I have met people on here and although I already had intentions of going back many times and becoming a swallow, I will also use the services of other members that I may no have done. I will and have visited O'jangles, will go to The Pub, will try the Clubhouse etc.

scoregolfbob
16-06-2011, 20:46
Hi Susief, i like funny as well and there used to be plenty of that on the forum, that is my point, there is not much funny anymore, or much good chat, just people making silly comments about nothing, i only posted about 300 times on the old forum,in about 3 years, and only if i had something usefull to add to that thread, not make some stupid remark about something i knew nothing about, sorry if i have offended you but you were not a target.

B0b

warbey
16-06-2011, 21:02
Hi Susief, i like funny as well and there used to be plenty of that on the forum, that is my point, there is not much funny anymore, or much good chat, just people making silly comments about nothing, i only posted about 300 times on the old forum,in about 3 years, and only if i had something usefull to add to that thread, not make some stupid remark about something i knew nothing about, sorry if i have offended you but you were not a target.

B0b

I dont remember ever seeing You post anything contentious before in previous Years.
I have kept out of this but noted the remark about People posting silly things.
I also noted Your assertion that the Forum is Populated by a certain type of People.
I suggest Bob You have targeted many more than You intended.

Apologies are ten a Penny.. Once posted its in black and white.
I suggest respectfully. that We All callit a Day here and now.

I am NOT a Moderatot but hope I can be credited with a smidgeon of common sense.

Tinkabel
16-06-2011, 21:02

B0b

You've got to give it time, the new forum's only been up and running a few weeks and already we're moaning about "the good old days" Post away scoregolfbob help to make it more interesting. :hole:

onelegnofeet
16-06-2011, 21:05
I think funny /joke /banter is so different for so many ,as are various professional comedians .You either like or not ,but in real truth unlike nastiness you can take it or leave it

DaveRF
16-06-2011, 21:10
I think funny /joke /banter is so different for so many ,as are various professional comedians .You either like or not ,but in real truth unlike nastiness you can take it or leave it

I agree. If you don't like the banter then leave it alone and stick to the serious stuff. No need for folks to be judgemental about what other folks like to do on the forum.

Personally somethimes I like to come on and let off steam and unwind after work. Other times I like to read the so called "sensible" stuff. Horses for courses.

onelegnofeet
16-06-2011, 21:14
I agree. If you don't like the banter then leave it alone and stick to the serious stuff. No need for folks to be judgemental about what other folks like to do on the forum.

Personally somethimes I like to come on and let off steam and unwind after work. Other times I like to read the so called "sensible" stuff. Horses for courses.

As long as its only steam ...............YOUR LETTING OFF !!!
Now theres a thought .........a smell option on the forum

TOTO 99
16-06-2011, 21:14
We all expect different things on the forum. Some use it as a social tool, having conversations in a similar way to text. I personally like to get new information from it. That of course will take time to get back up to what it used to be. When people need help they can usually get a sensible answer. Some of the subjects aren't everyone's cup of tea but nobody is forced to join in. Stick with it Bob and hopefully the bits that you like will fill up again.

Susief
16-06-2011, 21:22

B0b

Hey Bob you could never offend me, we go back quite a while and have had banter over the years. Just chill and don't get hung up on things on here! If you dont like then try the more serious stuff.

For some people it's a way of unwinding after a long day! Good job you didn't visit the old dungeon! Lol lol lol lol

Sunlover
16-06-2011, 21:36
I can do intelligent at work! On here I like to see the everyday stuff like what we're all up to and yes, even what we had for tea! I love the threads about helping animals and how Live Arico are doing. We only come out once a year and it's nice to keep up with the changes in the area I know and love. I enjoy the banter although I agree some of the sharp wits seem to have disappeared, like Sir Old Golfer and was it K9? with the Pffft! I especially love the photos from Canarybird and still view them on her website. I find myself hoping that people like Slodge get work, and that the ladies trying to catch the stray dogs manage to do so. If I don't like some of the comments, then I find another thread! :cheer:

Harmonicaman
16-06-2011, 21:39
I can do intelligent at work! On here I like to see the everyday stuff like what we're all up to and yes, even what we had for tea! I love the threads about helping animals and how Live Arico are doing. We only come out once a year and it's nice to keep up with the changes in the area I know and love. I enjoy the banter although I agree some of the sharp wits seem to have disappeared, like Sir Old Golfer and was it K9? with the Pffft! I especially love the photos from Canarybird and still view them on her website. I find myself hoping that people like Slodge get work, and that the ladies trying to catch the stray dogs manage to do so. If I don't like some of the comments, then I find another thread! :cheer:
Pffft! is 9plus or 9+, Sunlover.:lol:

with cheese
16-06-2011, 21:49
Pffft! is 9plus or 9+, Sunlover.:lol:

Partly right though K9, 9PLUS, connection, one rescues animals, the other needs rescuing:doh:

dede
16-06-2011, 21:50
I think you get to know the posters who just want to permanently joke on any thread thats going, and thats fine, ive just learnt to ignore them, Having said that it is annoying when you put a serious thread on, ie selling a car and you get the odd tosser thats just got to add a stupid comment that has no value whatsoever to the thread.:whistle:

Chris P. Bacon
16-06-2011, 21:52
I think you get to know the posters who just want to permanently joke on any thread thats going, and thats fine, ive just learnt to ignore them, Having said that it is annoying when you put a serious thread on, ie selling a car and you get the odd tosser thats just got to add a stupid comment that has no value whatsoever to the thread.:whistle:

Perhaps this is true Dede, however did you think about how that thread is getting bumped?

with cheese
16-06-2011, 21:53
That shouldn't happen unless the thread has exhausted or the deal has been done.

dede
16-06-2011, 22:00
Perhaps this is true Dede, however did you think about how that thread is getting bumped?

Very true but fortunatley for me i didnt need it bumping as i had sold it before the first post:car::steeringwheel:

Chris P. Bacon
16-06-2011, 22:03
Very true but fortunatley for me i didnt need it bumping as i had sold it before the first post:car::steeringwheel:

Sorry I can't comment on specific threads :hat:

timmylish
16-06-2011, 22:52
Although SGB certainly does not need me to back him up I do see where he,s coming from and some of the detracting comments on this thread may partly answer his original thoughts.
Anyway. Just referring to Mike,s comments I personally think it very pertinent to note the apparent disparage in numerical stats on usage between UK and Tenerife;-Membership and visits are obviously going to be predominently from Spain and UK. Interestingly enough, the statistics show that UK use is outrunning Spanish use by quite a lot. I suspect that people are looking for information about Tenerife for a forthcoming visit (perhaps?), getting the information that they want and will hopefully report on their experiences at a later date
This stat backs up what I am getting at. The major amount of postings, comments etc are coming from the UK. Why? Is it that many Tenerife members (a bit like me) are just not bothering too much. I certainly know that this time last year, after a quick blast of SkyNews my next port of call was the Forum. Now I struggle to come on here!

slodgedad
16-06-2011, 23:01
New Forum, some of the best contributors have come back, chuffed at the support and work everyone, especially returning members, are putting in, but every Forum will attract a numb nut or two.

cainaries
16-06-2011, 23:06
I am a bored housewife - that's me, I know it. But if I were looking for a builder .... hmmm... might want to have a think about this thread, SGB. We bored housewives can be sensitive souls.

skin12089
16-06-2011, 23:15
i have lived in tenerife for 2 years now,think the old and new forums are / were fantastic, got so much help you could not buy it. keep up the great work and DO NOT listen to the knockers GREAT site

pablo1
16-06-2011, 23:20
DO NOT listen to the knockers

I sometimes wish that I had heeded that advice, might have saved me a few quid in the past.... ;-)

LindaD
17-06-2011, 01:24
Are you saying SGB that bored old housewives/househusbands can't make intelligent posts nor contribute/offer advice, because that's just not true. I know that there are many "oldies" on here that make valuable contributions. Can I ask you how you can differentiate between a post that has been written by a bored old housewife as opposed to one written by a lively young housewife then!!! What do you think makes a good/intelligent post - what sort of things do you want to talk about??? I'm not slagging you off by the way, just interested!

sundownersvince
17-06-2011, 01:31
He's got the word Golf in his name Linda.....I could say more but I'm getting bor........

LindaD
17-06-2011, 01:36
He's got the word Golf in his name Linda.....I could say more but I'm getting bor........

Yea me too sundowner ................. better drag my old bones off to bed!!!!!

Jackie
17-06-2011, 10:18
Well SGB, I don't think I have ever 'conversed' with you on this or the 'old' forum, I have however seen you being recommended by various members for your work. Personally I think you have shot yourself in the foot with the 'bored old housewives/husband' comment because to be perfectly honest the people that you have accused of being so could have potentially been your future clients.

I have been on the forum a lot over the last 10 days or so simply because of the fact that I have been ill and had neither the strength or the will to go out. The forum is a lot more than information to some people, it is a 'life line' on occasions to the outside world and one that I am glad is there because I would have probably gone stir crazy over the last week or so. People come on here for many different reasons, and whatever your personal reasons are for coming on here please don't knock those that come on because their reason is not the same as yours.

Malteser Monkey
17-06-2011, 10:22
Hmmm actually good point Jackie - I too have been so glad of it when I've been in and stuck up there in the mountains !

onelegnofeet
17-06-2011, 10:26
Well SGB, I don't think I have ever 'conversed' with you on this or the 'old' forum, I have however seen you being recommended by various members for your work. Personally I think you have shot yourself in the foot with the 'bored old housewives/husband' comment because to be perfectly honest the people that you have accused of being so could have potentially been your future clients.

I have been on the forum a lot over the last 10 days or so simply because of the fact that I have been ill and had neither the strength or the will to go out. The forum is a lot more than information to some people, it is a 'life line' on occasions to the outside world and one that I am glad is there because I would have probably gone stir crazy over the last week or so. People come on here for many different reasons, and whatever your personal reasons are for coming on here please don't knock those that come on because their reason is not the same as yours.

BRAVO !!!.................would i sooner be sat here posting or ............have legs ,good health and be able to work HELL YES !!!

sparklegirl
17-06-2011, 11:08

The crazy folk are still here :crazy: if u dig deep enough you will find us locked in a padded room with our self hugging jackets :banana: have a party :mexicanwave: xx

Jimandsi
17-06-2011, 11:21
I think I can see where SGB is coming from.

I've tried starting quite a few intelligent type threads myself hoping for a good debate, but they soon died a death.

I therefore go elsewhere on the www to have those debates with like minded people.

However, let's give it another go.

Start an intelligent thread SGB and see what happens.

Jackie
17-06-2011, 11:25

I've tried starting quite a few intelligent type threads myself hoping for a good debate, but they soon died a death.

I therefore go elsewhere on the www to have those debates with like minded people.

The problem is Jimbo when threads are started where there could be a good debate more often than not they end up in a full scale slanging match because some people can't accept that others have a different view to them. ;)

Jimandsi
17-06-2011, 11:35
The problem is Jimbo when threads are started where there could be a good debate more often than not they end up in a full scale slanging match because some people can't accept that others have a different view to them. ;)

That's great - bring it on.

However, please remember that those people who need to shout / slang each other off, are usually talking out of their bum and are definitely losing the arguement.

Jackie
17-06-2011, 11:42
That's great - bring it on.

However, please remember that those people who need to shout / slang each other off, are usually talking out of their bum and are definitely losing the arguement.

That is the point though, a debate shouldn't be an 'arguement'. Some people need to agree to disagree

tonypub
17-06-2011, 11:53
the great thing here is the realisation we are all human beings,the greatest animal on the planet.we all have different emotions,opinions,feelings.it makes life interesting.id keep the arguments,the banter,the fun n the bull sh it.its what makes the forum so great and varied.imagine if we were all like kinda lee evans moo cows(picture it) how boring would that be

fonica
17-06-2011, 12:06
Must be saving many a marriage now that we can argue with other people on the forum!!!

Susief
17-06-2011, 12:14

Oh dear Jimbo it must be so hard having to converse with us plebs!

We all understand where SGB is coming from but maybe it's the way it's been expresssed!

Lunch time here on the construction site just in case anybody thought I was a housewife! Lol

Malteser Monkey
17-06-2011, 12:19
If you think this is bad,I've just have a look at THE Tenerife Forum and that makes this look amazing.

Must be saving many a marriage now that we can argue with other people on the forum!!!

Wise words !! you must be a Newbie :hello::p

Lunch time here on the construction site just in case anybody thought I was a housewife! Lol

You at home hasn't he finished that bedroom yet :lol::lol:....slap

Sundowner
17-06-2011, 12:58

Is this your idea of a good post? Slagging off members with your derogatory comments? If that was the good old days, then thank God we have moved on!

TOTO 99
17-06-2011, 13:05
Is this your idea of a good post? Slagging off members with your derogatory comments? If that was the good old days, then thank God we have moved on!

Steady on Sundowner, he's already had his roasting off the Laydeez. :lol:

with cheese
17-06-2011, 13:57
the great thing here is the realisation we are all human beings,the greatest animal on the planet.we all have different emotions,opinions,feelings.it makes life interesting.id keep the arguments,the banter,the fun n the bull sh it.its what makes the forum so great and varied.imagine if we were all like kinda lee evans moo cows(picture it) how boring would that be

Who you calling DOGS, greatest animal indeed

I like the way Jimbo has tried to get SGB to post and no one has really noticed.

Goforgold
17-06-2011, 14:57

B0b

Hi there Bob - why don't you start some 'fun' and 'good' threads yourself instead of complaining and then all those who aren't bored housewives and househusbands can join in with you and make it a riot of a Forum. :)

Jimandsi
17-06-2011, 15:43
I like the way Jimbo has tried to get SGB to post and no one has really noticed.

I wish he'd hurry up. I'm off on my hols soon.

irishmusico
17-06-2011, 19:12

Because the bored old housewives and husbands have teamed up with the whingers and moaners to form a clique that attracts the mentally insane,suicidally,depressed,egotistical,megalomani acs with everyone trying to be right and telling everyone what they should or should not do and generally giving out to each other and convincing themselves that they are better than the person that they are slagging off,because they have the moral high ground,because they read about it in a self help book for people with neurological disorders and they know that everyone else,except themselves is crazy and should be constantly be brought down a peg or two,with an outraged sentence or two,to demonstrate to everyone else how unbelievably clever they are and all the other posters now look on the forum as an internet version of the Jeremy Kyle show and have a laugh on the sidelines while the crazies slug it out verbally.

Or maybe as its summertime they are all gone to the beach :D

Give me a bored housewife any day( I am not referring to the Swedish porn movie of the same name)

MaxineC
17-06-2011, 22:37
Because the bored old housewives and husbands have teamed up with the whingers and moaners to form a clique that attracts the mentally insane,suicidally,depressed,egotistical,megalomani acs with everyone trying to be right and telling everyone what they should or should not do and generally giving out to each other and convincing themselves that they are better than the person that they are slagging off,because they have the moral high ground,because they read about it in a self help book for people with neurological disorders and they know that everyone else,except themselves is crazy and should be constantly be brought down a peg or two,with an outraged sentence or two,to demonstrate to everyone else how unbelievably clever they are and all the other posters now look on the forum as an internet version of the Jeremy Kyle show and have a laugh on the sidelines while the crazies slug it out verbally.

Give me a bored housewife any day( I am not referring to the Swedish porn movie of the same name)

:lol::lol::lol:

I've been a member on here on and off for around 5-6 years. I come on for two reasons; 1) To get info on what I need locally 2) To talk absolute **** as a form of relaxtion and fun.... I know which thread to go to for each of these. Surely, if you're here for info/news/serious chat, go to those threads. If you want some banter, and to talk absolute ********, go to those threads... Why should all the threads be serious/useful? What's wrong with a couple of adhoc remarks on a serious thread, they'll soon be sent 'off topic'....

Some of you take this whole 'forum life' far too seriously... take a bloody chill pill and take things in the context they're meant! :rollseyes:

marbro8
17-06-2011, 23:06
der!! does vis mean oim in v roit place?:ugly:

with cheese
17-06-2011, 23:35
:lol::lol::lol:

I've been a member on here on and off for around 5-6 years. I come on for two reasons; 1) To get info on what I need locally 2) To talk absolute **** as a form of relaxtion and fun.... I know which thread to go to for each of these. Surely, if you're here for info/news/serious chat, go to those threads. If you want some banter, and to talk absolute ********, go to those threads... Why should all the threads be serious/useful? What's wrong with a couple of adhoc remarks on a serious thread, they'll soon be sent 'off topic'....

Some of you take this whole 'forum life' far too seriously... take a bloody chill pill and take things in the context they're meant! :rollseyes:
P*ss off Maxine all threads should be serious and no messing around. It s attitudes like yours that mess up the serious threads, like "what choc you scoff". If you can't be serious then join a GOLF forum where you can have a whale of time. Sorry just a bit under par.

MaxineC
17-06-2011, 23:44
P*ss off Maxine all threads should be serious and no messing around. It s attitudes like yours that mess up the serious threads, like "what choc you scoff". If you can't be serious then join a GOLF forum where you can have a whale of time. Sorry just a bit under par.

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Red Devil
18-06-2011, 00:10

God I hope I've not joined by mistake:crazy:

irishmusico
18-06-2011, 17:08
??????????????????????????????? :) :) :) :) :)

It doesn't make sense?If it made sense then you missed the point. ;):)

Added after 23 minutes:

Are you completely insane?The forum is my life.I live to have conversations with anonymous strangers and I need to be able to give my always totally 100% correct view on everything to everybody and MAKE THEM LISTEN!!!How can you dare to trivialise the most important milestone in my life since I discovered Hello Magazine?You need to have more respect for the Tenerife Forum because it changes lives.I can argue with people here and insult them and they will never be able to touch me.Its like having road rage in a tank.Even if you do pee off the other guy they can't get you because all the doors and windows of my cellar are locked down.We need more,not less arguments on the forum.Since I am right 120% of the time there is no point in arguing with me because I know everything.All threads should be serious all the time.No smiling......EVER!.................And I know where the milk is in the Mercadona because of this forum. ;)

DJ Dangerous
18-06-2011, 17:42
Pfft.

I find this thread deeply offensive.

I am a bored old housewife/house-husband - not sure which, but will find out some time.

I don't work, eat or sleep, as I simply haven't the time due to keeping up with the forum.

How dare anybody insinuate that I don't have a life?!!!!!!

Pets@Home
18-06-2011, 18:21

What an absolute INSULT to all of us, I have been on the forum for ages and like many others have changed my forum name, think forum is even better than before, its good to start afresh, I am not a housewife, and def not boring!!!!!!!!! I live with my partner and we have a dog business from home so outings are not that often, so yes I like to go on the forum to chat, have a giggle etc ........
It does promote Tenerife and helps young businesses and gives out good advice, so its an Agony Aunt, Help Desk, Promotes all kinds of businesses like mine, good for restaurants and pubs, helps keep people aware of the dog situation over here and what the charites like Live Arico do, helps the shops, I could go on, you get a zero out of 10 for yr unwanted comment .........

Goforgold
18-06-2011, 19:51
It doesn't make sense?If it made sense then you missed the point. ;):)

I got the point!! :) :)

onelegnofeet
18-06-2011, 19:55
Pfft.

I am a bored old housewife/house-husband - not sure which, but will find out some time.

!

Be like me ................lift up your belly and look down !!!!

caroll72
18-06-2011, 22:09
Any type of forum is going to attract a vast array of different types of people.
Yes, you'll get the bored housewives, Trolls, folks looking for a bit of banter, people looking for advice, people looking for a argument & also those just trying to help each other.
That's what makes a forum interesting.
As iv'e always said, if you don't like a thread, ignore it.
Same as with some people, you don't like them, then ignore them.
Can't put the world to rights, so not point in trying. :doh:

Added after 1 24 minutes: Quote: pets@home

I have been on the forum for ages and like many others have changed my forum name,

Why would you wish to change your username from the old forum?
Surely, other members would be able to relate to you better if they knew who you were from before the old one went into cyberspace.
Yes, it's a fresh new start, but i really can't see the point in using a new identity.

Andy0210
18-06-2011, 23:36

Well it is normally nutty old women that live with 30 cats so i think you can safely say you must be a bored old housewife! ;)

Pets@Home
19-06-2011, 01:04
Any type of forum is going to attract a vast array of different types of people.
Yes, you'll get the bored housewives, Trolls, folks looking for a bit of banter, people looking for advice, people looking for a argument & also those just trying to help each other.
That's what makes a forum interesting.
As iv'e always said, if you don't like a thread, ignore it.
Same as with some people, you don't like them, then ignore them.
Can't put the world to rights, so not point in trying. :doh:

Added after 1 24 minutes: Quote: pets@home

I have been on the forum for ages and like many others have changed my forum name,

Why would you wish to change your username from the old forum?
Surely, other members would be able to relate to you better if they knew who you were from before the old one went into cyberspace.
Yes, it's a fresh new start, but i really can't see the point in using a new identity.

I have my reasons and I find the new name better, I did however put an announcement on that my user name had changed

KirstyJay
19-06-2011, 19:52
A forum is only as good as it's members. If you think that there are not any good posters anymore, then you are obviously including yourself in that generalisation, otherwise you would have started some good, meaty topics yourself, rather than this, another whinging one.

Some people are proactive and some like to watch, while others follow. I think the question you should ask yourself is... are you the shepherd or the sheep? :)

Chris P. Bacon
19-06-2011, 19:56
A forum is only as good as it's members. If you think that there are not any good posters anymore, then you are obviously including yourself in that generalisation, otherwise you would have started some good, meaty topics yourself, rather than this, another whinging one.

Some people are proactive and some like to watch, while others follow. I think the question you should ask yourself is... are you the shepherd or the sheep? :)

That's the best post ever Krusty :hat:

Malteser Monkey
19-06-2011, 20:02

Like to think of myself as a lamb then there's some who are the sheep dog:whistle:

Zara
19-06-2011, 20:03

:hail::hail: Give that lady a coconut :eyebrows:

atlantico
19-06-2011, 21:14
yeah, where did it get to ?

found it ! its in the Dungeon (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?2136-What-happened-to-Tenerife-forum-it-used-to-have-intelligent-threads&p=19941#post19941)! Why ever would that be, it wasn't off topic etc.

Woah ! there's 2 threads titled What happened to Tenerife forum, it used to have intelligent threads one started by OLNF and the other by SGB

just to put peoples minds at rest Bob posted this thread, then went on holidays for 2 weeks the day after !! That's why he's not replied.

Worked for me for 2 days and said he needed the break to recover !

howard thornton
19-06-2011, 21:32
yeah, where did it get to ?

found it ! its in the Dungeon (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?2136-What-happened-to-Tenerife-forum-it-used-to-have-intelligent-threads&p=19941#post19941)! Why ever would that be, it wasn't off topic etc

Woah ! there's 2 threads titled What happened to Tenerife forum, it used to have intelligent threads one started by OLNF and the other by SGB

just to put peoples minds at rest Bob posted this thread, then went on holidays for 2 weeks the day after !! That's why he's not replied.

Worked for me for 2 days and said he needed the break to recover ![/QUOTE i am not surprised he needed two weeks to recover,such a big job, and only two days to do it. bloody slave driver.

with cheese
20-06-2011, 06:56
Stress of the replies, might as well get a holiday in now as he won't be getting people on here offering him much work. No excuses for his posts.