PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it is fair to publish intimate pictures of famous people?

Margaretta
25-08-2012, 16:32
I really do agree with freedom of the press but after all the recent phone-hacking scandals should the press be so shallow as to publish very private, unnecessary holiday pictures just to make a point? There are a lot of very serious and fun issues in the world so this sneaky picture has very little importance in the great scheme of things. So what does that say about the press? To me, publishing rubbish says nothing good about the British newspapers concerned.

Incidentally I don't think it will do Prince Harry's reputation any harm at all. Now if I were 30+ years younger..........:crazy:

Malteser Monkey
25-08-2012, 16:37
I really do agree with freedom of the press but after all the recent phone-hacking scandals should the press be so shallow as to publish very private, unnecessary holiday pictures just to make a point? There are a lot of very serious and fun issues in the world so this sneaky picture has very little importance in the great scheme of things. So what does that say about the press? To me, publishing rubbish says nothing good about the British newspapers concerned.

Incidentally I don't think it will do Prince Harry's reputation any harm at all. Now if I were 30+ years younger..........:crazy:

you'd be old enough to be his Mum - yes ok we get the picture:D:whistle::cheeky::cheeky::hide::run:

shame about the picture quality:cheeky::laugh:

With the internet now - I don't think there's mcuh anyone can get away with........Big Bro is watching:scared::eek:

Margaretta
25-08-2012, 16:48
Are you implying I'm an Antique, MM?:cry:

Yes but should Big Bro be sneaking into hotel windows? Did Harry get a reduction on his bill if the curtains didn't fit?

Suej
25-08-2012, 16:58
I suppose it's a question of supply and demand Margaretta! We knew the Harry pics existed so if we didn't see them in the paper we will look on the internet! I did!!!:ashamed::laugh: There would be no burglaries if there weren't any people to buy stolen goods eh!:eyebrows: and I agree I don't think the pics will harm Harry's reputation either! That young man looks too much like James Hewitt for my liking! Just have to wait and see if he starts losing his hair in the next few years! Hmmm!:wink:

Malteser Monkey
25-08-2012, 16:59

Yes but should Big Bro be sneaking into hotel windows? Did Harry get a reduction on his bill if the curtains didn't fit?

Naaa only messing hun - tho the majority on here are shhhhhhhhhhhhhh:whistle::D

so many jokes but this is under 18's:cheeky:

Suej
25-08-2012, 17:03
Naaa only messing hun - tho the majority on here are shhhhhhhhhhhhhh:whistle::D

so many jokes but this is under 18's:cheeky:

Including you and me!!! :scared:

Malteser Monkey
25-08-2012, 17:38
Including you and me!!! :scared:

:hit::hit:

speak for yourself you :cheeky:

Suej
25-08-2012, 17:45
:hit::hit:

speak for yourself you :cheeky:

I know I can speak for you too! you can't kid a kidder!:neener::laugh:

kingbaker
25-08-2012, 20:46
I suppose it's a question of supply and demand Margaretta! We knew the Harry pics existed so if we didn't see them in the paper we will look on the internet! I did!!!:ashamed::laugh: There would be no burglaries if there weren't any people to buy stolen goods eh!:eyebrows: and I agree I don't think the pics will harm Harry's reputation either! That young man looks too much like James Hewitt for my liking! Just have to wait and see if he starts losing his hair in the next few years! Hmmm!:wink:

Very naughty Suej!!!!!! .................. really stiring it now!!!!!!:tiphat: :hello:

Suej
25-08-2012, 21:45
I wonder how many other naughty people think the same! What do you think KB?;):hello: Now where's my nice wooden spoon!:eyebrows:

Andy0210
25-08-2012, 21:50

They don't look anything like each other i mean look at this pic of them both! :wow: :lol:

Suej
25-08-2012, 21:53

They don't look anything like each other i mean look at this pic of them both! :wow: :lol:

You're right Andy! I must need new gaffas! Hair colour is quite similar though! No?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

slodgedad
26-08-2012, 01:56

Nothing to do with 'Big Brother'

If you are a 'celeb' by choice or design it is something you must be aware of.

If you are in the public eye and are happy for the good stuff to be published you have to accept the reverse.

If you can control what is published, as a celebrity, then surely that would smack of 'Big Brother'

jono
26-08-2012, 12:55
Yes for me the photos should be published.
Double standards, one as bad as the other, the exposed and the exposers go
hand in hand the.sun trying to get back in the frame and matey boy and his clan trying to keep him out of it, when it suits them of course ......... same as they have always done.
What gives me the pip is, I have never paid for the Sun newspaper, or read it.
But I have to listen to the apllogists for this mans stupidity, on the news ( and one or two other places ) and pay for his upkeep now thats the bit that hurts, when I hear that hospitals are closing for lack of funds.
beggers belief how thay get away with it.

Yes, I am a republican I suppose
And I do not wish to offend,just my two bobs worth.

Reg
jono

kingbaker
26-08-2012, 23:03

If you were 30 years younger, you'd still be toooooooooo old for him!!!!!! :crylaughing:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I wonder how many other naughty people think the same! What do you think KB?;):hello: Now where's my nice wooden spoon!:eyebrows:

Sorry Suej.........................you Don't want to hear what I think!!!! :lol:

BTW What are your intentions, regarding the wooden spoon:confused:

Suej
27-08-2012, 19:00
Just got this from the Sun newspaper! I know people in all the right places!!! Gutter yeah!!!:laugh: Anyway keep it to yourself!:ashamed:

warbey
27-08-2012, 19:20
The first answer is I am not famous, so it doesnt affect Me at all.

Papers print what the GREAT British Public want........God help Us.

He has a position in life, and I think He does quite a bit for Us in a roundabout way, as most of the Leading Lights of "The Firm"

I havent seen them and dont really want to.

Suej
27-08-2012, 19:30
You can only laugh at it all when it comes to gossip Warbs! Too many miserable people around! :spin:

Sorry Suej.........................you Don't want to hear what I think!!!! :lol:

BTW What are your intentions, regarding the wooden spoon:confused:[/QUOTE]

:smack:.......................

TOTO 99
27-08-2012, 19:49
In answer to the original question, I'd prefer it if they printed pictures of the people who film this stuff and sell it to the press!

Personally I don't think it's done him any harm. The royals of today are completely different from previous generations. They're a lot more accessible now. In my youth I could never have imagined the queen making a film with 007 for the olympics. Times have changed and fortunately they've changed with it. People moaned when they were all starchy. They can't please everyone.
Unlike film and pop stars Harry couldn't avoid being famous.
If I was famous I'd probably never leave the house. Can you imagine being filmed all day every day. At some point your guard will drop and that's the one they print.
I don't know why but the great british public seem to love this stuff. If they didn't there would be no point in trying to sell it.

Having said that, If they can do Kate or Pippa next, I'll buy it...:laugh:

warbey
27-08-2012, 19:58
!

You must be on a Diet.......No meat on the Bone.... So I wouldnt see That Photo either ToTo

Margaretta
27-08-2012, 21:24
[QUOTE=kingbaker;210682]If you were 30 years younger, you'd still be toooooooooo old for him!!!!!! :crylaughing:

Now that, Kingbaker, you really don't know. A lady is as old as the man she feels.;)

If I'm coming across as a wrinkly or silver surfer on the Tf I'll have to change my image.....or go to Vegas.:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
28-08-2012, 12:14
The first answer is I am not famous, so it doesnt affect Me at all.

Papers print what the GREAT British Public want........God help Us.

He has a position in life, and I think He does quite a bit for Us in a roundabout way, as most of the Leading Lights of "The Firm"

I havent seen them and dont really want to.

After SueJ posting that picture from the Sun - No pun intended eh Warbs :cheeky:

[QUOTE=kingbaker;210682]If you were 30 years younger, you'd still be toooooooooo old for him!!!!!! :crylaughing:

Now that, Kingbaker, you really don't know. A lady is as old as the man she feels.;)

If I'm coming across as a wrinkly or silver surfer on the Tf I'll have to change my image.....or go to Vegas.:laugh:

"Maturer Tenerifian" there you go Margaretta:tongue:

jono
28-08-2012, 13:01
In answer to the original question, I'd prefer it if they printed pictures of the people who film this stuff and sell it to the press!

Personally I don't think it's done him any harm. The royals of today are completely different from previous generations. They're a lot more accessible now. In my youth I could never have imagined the queen making a film with 007 for the olympics. Times have changed and fortunately they've changed with it. People moaned when they were all starchy. They can't please everyone.
Unlike film and pop stars Harry couldn't avoid being famous.
If I was famous I'd probably never leave the house. Can you imagine being filmed all day every day. At some point your guard will drop and that's the one they print.
I don't know why but the great british public seem to love this stuff. If they didn't there would be no point in trying to sell it.

There seemed to have been a bit of a problem with thier accessibility, when Diana died in that tragic way.
The public had to drag them kicking and screaming down to London.
If there was anything to that lot, they would have looked after that wonderful person, but no royals will do what royals want to do, regardles of who gets in the way.
And nobody is ever going to kid me, into thinking otherwise.

Have a lottery I reckon, the winners could go to buck house and bow and scrape till thier hearts content.
reg jono

Ps I was going to ask if the forum might be having a meet in Sept, maybe the cavaliers could have it out with the roundheads, or maybe not.......

kingbaker
28-08-2012, 14:37

:rave::band::rocking::rock::harp::guitar1::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl: THIS OK THEN!!!!!

Malteser Monkey
28-08-2012, 14:54
[QUOTE=Margaretta;210940]

:rave::band::rocking::rock::harp::guitar1::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl: THIS OK THEN!!!!!

The HARP ???:eek::crylaughing:

kingbaker
28-08-2012, 14:59
[QUOTE=kingbaker;211136]

The HARP ???:eek::crylaughing:

A little Irish thrown in..............Always need a Rose among the weeds:duh:

Margaretta
28-08-2012, 15:22
Er....yes I do harp on a bit but still have my faculties and can rock with the best of you....or is it Indie, House or Garage?

Back to the newspapers.......:spin:

Malteser Monkey
29-08-2012, 14:23
Er....yes I do harp on a bit but still have my faculties and can rock with the best of you....or is it Indie, House or Garage?

Back to the newspapers.......:spin:
:raspberry:

warbey
29-08-2012, 20:49
I anot sure the word Intimate is as suitable these Days, especially allowing for how MANY have seen those Pictures hun.....:pray:

kingbaker
01-09-2012, 20:31
You can only laugh at it all when it comes to gossip Warbs! Too many miserable people around! :spin:

BTW What are your intentions, regarding the wooden spoon:confused:

:smack:.......................[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Suej, that a distant Royal family member is a member of this Forum. I haven't seen Her post lately, as it seems her frozen

shoulder has spread to Her tying finger.:D

warbey
01-09-2012, 20:37
:smack:.......................

Don't forget Suej, that a distant Royal family member is a member of this Forum. I haven't seen Her post lately, as it seems her frozen

shoulder has spread to Her tying finger.:D[/QUOTE]..

One is tied up at the Moment serf.!