PDA

View Full Version : What have you done or seen in Tenerife that is really funny or just daft?

with cheese
16-06-2011, 20:55
Just that. for me we looked over the edge of some rocks to find a place to sit and sun bathe near Adeje Puerto and there was a guy fishing.
He had obviously fallen in because his clothes were laid on the rocks and he was standing Starkers holding his rod.
If you have not been to Puerto Adeje it is a lovely little port.

reggie
16-06-2011, 22:22
I like manilo, the ghost of vista sur beach, Its a guy who sits in a cardboard box at night, and when you walk past he jumps up covered in a white sheet, and go's oo oo wha i am the ghost of vista sur beach, people chucking money at him, what a way to earn a living, well funny, and just plain daft

tizzywizzy
16-06-2011, 22:51
I like manilo, the ghost of vista sur beach, Its a guy who sits in a cardboard box at night, and when you walk past he jumps up covered in a white sheet, and go's oo oo wha i am the ghost of vista sur beach, people chucking money at him, what a way to earn a living, well funny, and just plain daft

I have never seen this guy. Whereabouts on Vista sur beach is he?

pablo1
16-06-2011, 22:55
Although not funny at the time, it does make me chuckle now - About 8 years ago I had the Policia raid my bar, not the Guardia but the full on balaclava wearing, machine gun toting, scary **** brigade!
It was about 8pm and I had a few on my terrace and a couple inside, including a friend who did a magic show on the island who was having a beer before his show started.
Apparantly the Police had been tipped off that there were drugs on the premises and they systematically started to take my bar apart whilst not allowing any customers to leave but instead taking them into the toilet to search.
They took my mate ( the magician ) in and asked him to empty his pockets...what happened next was pure comedy gold.
As he was about to do a show he had all his bits and bobs on him and the look on the police faces as he started to take out coloured hankerchiefs, several decks of cards and an array of large and small magnetic coins was priceless, they even had a laugh themselves.
No drugs were found by the way, and I ended up with a 200euro fine because of a small wooden bat I kept behind the bar (get them in spanish style with football clubs written on) and a few excited customers who had a tale to tell their mates back home. :-)

reggie
16-06-2011, 22:59
I have never seen this guy. Whereabouts on Vista sur beach is he?

usualy near the bottom of the steps where the guy playing the harmonican is, you wont see him falling out the claddagh and heading towards los christianos, Its the other way tizz,

caroletenerife
16-06-2011, 23:08

I love that guy, saw the police 'raiding' him one night. Squashed his box and they stole his sheet. Never seen the police booed here before haha. I have wondered why there are not 'quality' street entertainers (i dont mean beggars and people standing still) but something like Canarian dancing or singing.

with cheese
16-06-2011, 23:13
He is great, ****s you up sometimes if you forget.

reggie
16-06-2011, 23:18
I love that guy, saw the police 'raiding' him one night. Squashed his box and they stole his sheet. Never seen the police booed here before haha. I have wondered why there are not 'quality' street entertainers (i dont mean beggars and people standing still) but something like Canarian dancing or singing.

Manilo put a lot of effort into that box, it almost looked like a castle, well when i say almost, it was a good effort, i think he only works a 3 day week, makes more than them 2 p-ss heads and the sand sculptures, cant believe tizz and HM missed him

with cheese
16-06-2011, 23:26
Too much in love Reggie, busy walking a long the Prom glaring into each others eyes, or P*ssed.

atlantico
17-06-2011, 00:00
In Silencio and Las Galletas, on the coastal rocks, my girlfriend, whilst sunbathing, has rang me 3 times in 2 years to come chase a pervert away from near her - cos he's "got it out and having a tug !" As soon as I appear, he gets dressed and makes a run for it - and its been 3 different men !

Not Funny, Not Daft - but ???

I say to her 'it's 'cos your sooo gorgeous an' sexy ! " brownie points for a week !

LindaD
17-06-2011, 00:36
The guy with the badly deformed face who begs along near Peurto Colon (on the sea-front walkway) usually can hardly speak as he stands begging. We had passed him a couple of times but the day I got my money out for him he was actually having a loud conversation on a MOBILE PHONE with no problems of speech whatsoever!!!!???:

sundownersvince
17-06-2011, 00:37
I do believe Specsavers are opening a new brach in Silencio next week.

Skeggy
17-06-2011, 07:34
Walking the coastal path between Silencio and Abrigos we met a fellow hiker wearing just a baseball cap and his rucksack, he never even raised his hat. my wife claimed to have seen better????

Jackie
17-06-2011, 08:13
Although not funny at the time, it does make me chuckle now - About 8 years ago I had the Policia raid my bar, not the Guardia but the full on balaclava wearing, machine gun toting, scary **** brigade!
It was about 8pm and I had a few on my terrace and a couple inside, including a friend who did a magic show on the island who was having a beer before his show started.
Apparantly the Police had been tipped off that there were drugs on the premises and they systematically started to take my bar apart whilst not allowing any customers to leave but instead taking them into the toilet to search.
They took my mate ( the magician ) in and asked him to empty his pockets...what happened next was pure comedy gold.
As he was about to do a show he had all his bits and bobs on him and the look on the police faces as he started to take out coloured hankerchiefs, several decks of cards and an array of large and small magnetic coins was priceless, they even had a laugh themselves.
No drugs were found by the way, and I ended up with a 200euro fine because of a small wooden bat I kept behind the bar (get them in spanish style with football clubs written on) and a few excited customers who had a tale to tell their mates back home. :-)

I have one of those by my front door ;)

cjd01
17-06-2011, 09:29
:lol:
Walking the coastal path between Silencio and Abrigos we met a fellow hiker wearing just a baseball cap and his rucksack, he never even raised his hat. my wife claimed to have seen better????

:lol: Made my day!...................

Cookey
17-06-2011, 13:16
At the beginning of December me and the OH decided to take the dog for a walk up to Red Rock with silly santa hats and reindeer antlers on...........we found it quite amusing and made the other walkers smile...:crazy:

with cheese
17-06-2011, 13:47
and worse eh.

reggie
17-06-2011, 13:52
In Silencio and Las Galletas, on the coastal rocks, my girlfriend, whilst sunbathing, has rang me 3 times in 2 years to come chase a pervert away from near her - cos he's "got it out and having a tug !" As soon as I appear, he gets dressed and makes a run for it - and its been 3 different men !

Not Funny, Not Daft - but ???

I say to her 'it's 'cos your sooo gorgeous an' sexy ! " brownie points for a week !

People say, nothing lasts forever, try pulling one off over susan boyle,

Sundowner
17-06-2011, 13:55
On my 1st visit 20+ years ago to Tenerife my wife and I stayed in Los Gigantes at the Poblado Marinero apartments for 2 weeks. First week great nice and peaceful 2nd week we came back one night at about midnight got ready for bed switched lights off and just nodding off and bang a door slams in the distance and then this couple start having an argument, it was loud but we could not hear what it was about, after 10 mins we thought b*gger this and got up and opened the patio doors hooray now we could hear :) poured a couple of glasses of wine and settled down ..................him to her...........do you think I'm an fffing mountain goat all these ffffing hills, why did you not book Los America's you stupid cow! Her.........don't you call me an ffffing cow..........him.............look out the window all you can see is a big ffffing rock you stupid fffing cow, that's when the plates started to get smashed, next thing what sounds like a lot of blokes in hobnail boots running down the corridor and bang bang on a door some more fffings as door open a bit of a scuffle and the fffing pair were marched out and chucked in the back of a police van.............no more noise and never did see them or hear them again!

with cheese
17-06-2011, 14:02
Cam and Tricia were their names, they live somewhere North of the English bored err.

LindaD
17-06-2011, 14:06
On my 1st visit 20+ years ago to Tenerife my wife and I stayed in Los Gigantes at the Poblado Marinero apartments for 2 weeks. First week great nice and peaceful 2nd week we came back one night at about midnight got ready for bed switched lights off and just nodding off and bang a door slams in the distance and then this couple start having an argument, it was loud but we could not hear what it was about, after 10 mins we thought b*gger this and got up and opened the patio doors hooray now we could hear :) poured a couple of glasses of wine and settled down ..................him to her...........do you think I'm an fffing mountain goat all these ffffing hills, why did you not book Los America's you stupid cow! Her.........don't you call me an ffffing cow..........him.............look out the window all you can see is a big ffffing rock you stupid fffing cow, that's when the plates started to get smashed, next thing what sounds like a lot of blokes in hobnail boots running down the corridor and bang bang on a door some more fffings as door open a bit of a scuffle and the fffing pair were marched out and chucked in the back of a police van.............no more noise and never did see them or hear them again!
Isn't it strange when people argue in the distance, but within earshot, what comes out clear is the fffffffffng words. Came across it yesterday in my local town centre as someone was arguing on his mobile phone - these words were plain as day but no idea what they were arguing about!!:lol::lol:

onelegnofeet
17-06-2011, 14:43

IMO ,this wont/cant be beaten:lol::lol::lol:

Fred Perry
17-06-2011, 16:19
Back in May 2006 I think it was there was a couple came into the bar, Celtic fans they were.
He told me that when Celtic reached the final of the Uefa Cup at first his boss would not let him have time off work to go the final which was being played in Sevilla.
Now, all flights to Sevilla were fully booked ofcourse and 1000īs of Celtic fans were finding flights to any part of Spain then making their own way to Sevilla by train/car.

Eventually the guys boss let him a few days off to go the final and he quickly called his wife and said "Book a flight to Spain on the Internet(anywhere!) , we can go to the Final after all!"

Later that night he arrived home and asked if everything was alright, and she replied "Yes, all booked" Excellent, he thought. "Where did you book the flights to?" he flipantly remarked as he was not too bothered.

"ERRRMMM, letīs a have a look. Yes, TENERIFE!" :lol:

True story. They flew here then he had to get another flight to Sevilla from here. She had to stay by the pool.

Brian
17-06-2011, 20:02
This didn't happen here although could quite easily have done. We were staying in mainland Spain, mid Summer and baking hot, trying to get to sleep at about 4 a.m. The balcony doors were wide open to try and get some air, but we could hear noise from a bar 100 metres up from us on the other side of the road, 2 tables of young lads not making a racket but you know how noise travels at night. Eventualy it all went quiet, perhaps we could get to sleep, but then my wife, prone to wind, LET RIP, we were both laughing, but still heard all the cheers and applause coming from the bar up the road.

YOUNG GOLFER
17-06-2011, 20:09
Guess some of you will know Matt from Admiral i am sure he will not mind me telling you.

Euro 96 in the pool bar Garden City England were playing a very close game he said next England goal i am jumping in the pool fully dressed....and fair play he did big splash only to find out when he climbed out that the goal was ruled offside what a plonker.

Fred Perry
18-06-2011, 12:30
What about this crazy fan (known to TF Forum) before a CD Tenerife match? ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eETM1cdBNk

Jackie
18-06-2011, 14:58
What about this crazy fan (known to TF Forum) before a CD Tenerife match? ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eETM1cdBNk

haha I remember K posting that when it was first filmed lol.

It must have been about 10 years or so ago now and we was here on holiday at the time. My youngest son was about 9 or 10 and an avid football fan. So much so that he has a favourite team from every Country and watches all their matches. Sadly for him West Ham have always been his English team, Barcelona his Spanish, Rangers his Scottish etc etc. We were walking past a Celtic Bar full to bursting with Celtic Fans watching a big match against Rangers. My son was walking slightly behind us so we had no idea he had stopped in the doorway of the bar until we heard him shout 'Come on the Gers'. OMG I nearly died and thought they would eat him for lunch. Most of the bar looked to the doorway in horror and then laughed when they saw my son, a few even went up to him and shook his hand telling him he had b***s. My heart was in my mouth at the time but we had a laugh about it after.