PDA

View Full Version : Finance My car insurance with Linea Directa has been paid by Caja Canarias and also by card

tenerifebird
27-08-2012, 17:13
My car insurance was due and because I knew there wasn´t enough money in the bank I phoned and paid with my card! Caja Canarias have also paid it even though there was no money in the account and now i am overdrawn!

Neither parties involved seem to bothered about my dilemma so I am off to visit the bank in the morning.

Any advice would be appreciated

many thanks

lesbroz
27-08-2012, 21:59
I had the same problem last year. I went to my Bank (LLoyds) and showed them my credit card statement. They promptly re-called the payment from my insurers. No problem!

karinagal
27-08-2012, 23:39
Is there an equivalent to the direct debit guarantee which applies in the UK? If so, the bank could recall their payment?

The undisputed queen of de-nial

mike in chayofa
28-08-2012, 09:43
my car insurance was due and because I knew there wasn´t enough money in the bank I phoned and paid over my card! caja canarias have also paid it even though there was no money in the account and now i am overdrawn! neither parties involved seem to bothered about my dilemma so I am off to visit the bank in the morning

Any advice would be appreciated

many thanks

The bank can recall a direct debit payment made within two weeks.

Visit them pronto