PDA

View Full Version : Which is best for flights to Tenerife? Skyscanner or the airline direct website?

Ed3229
28-08-2012, 17:12
Some people on the forum say Skyscanner is the best flight finder....
I find the Easyjet website cheapest over all the other airline websites and Skyscanner.
This made me think its a location thing ???
I have seen people post they got flights from say Manchester for £135 return.(example price)
So I visit Skyscanner asap and the flights for me are £165 return.
I have just booked flights to Athens via Easyjet £225 return and the cheapest Skyscanner could find was £265.
Im in Hampshire by the way...

What do you think..........

Balcony
28-08-2012, 17:41
We would always check all options - yes, even including Ryanair - before deciding. But for us it's almost always flight times that make up our minds.

It does seem a bit cheaper to fly from Manchester (great if you live that way) but for us it's not a realistic, or practical option, so we usually flying out of Gatwick with Easyjet. Luton would be our preferred airport, but it's rare to get good flight times back from Tenerife.

chifleta
28-08-2012, 17:44
Yeah, I always fly to and from Gatwick, us Hampshire hogs never get cheap cheap flights :( ... i might try Ryanair to Bournemouth one of these days...

Ed3229
28-08-2012, 17:54
Yeah, I always fly to and from Gatwick, us Hampshire hogs never get cheap cheap flights :( ... i might try Ryanair to Bournemouth one of these days...

You must be a millionaire to fly from Bournemouth......:cheeky:

marbro8
28-08-2012, 18:01
i only ever check monarch or thomas cook because the flight times are realy good, usually fly out with monarch about 2.30 pm( if it's not delayed) and then fly back with thomas cook about 3.00pm, usualy ends up costing us £500 for the 2 of us

helhod
28-08-2012, 18:21
I awlays fly Ryianair Bournmouth ,Very happy with the service only paid £70 return in April

delderek
28-08-2012, 18:50
Some people on the forum say Skyscanner is the best flight finder....
I find the Easyjet website cheapest over all the other airline websites and Skyscanner.
This made me think its a location thing ???
I have seen people post they got flights from say Manchester for £135 return.(example price)
So I visit Skyscanner asap and the flights for me are £165 return.
I have just booked flights to Athens via Easyjet £225 return and the cheapest Skyscanner could find was £265.
Im in Hampshire by the way...

What do you think..........

Sites such as Skyscanner, earn commission by passing you through to the airline website, but apart from a few Charter airlines, none of them pay commission any more. Hence flights are 10 or 15 quid more. same with booking through agents.

TOTO 99
28-08-2012, 19:06
Monarch are my preferred airline.

Strangely, last year I went to book flights for this November. The Monarch website didn't go that far ahead but when I ran the dates through Skyscanner they had Monarch flights so I booked them. I have no idea how or why!
The flights we are booked on are now on the Monarch website. :confused:

chifleta
28-08-2012, 19:55
You must be a millionaire to fly from Bournemouth......:cheeky:

no, apparently ryanair do cheep flights, though only in the summer I think, I just haven't had the courage to use Ryanair, plus you don't get as much luggage :(

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Monarch are my preferred airline.

Strangely, last year I went to book flights for this November. The Monarch website didn't go that far ahead but when I ran the dates through Skyscanner they had Monarch flights so I booked them. I have no idea how or why!
The flights we are booked on are now on the Monarch website. :confused:

were they cheaper? LOL

Susief
28-08-2012, 20:09
I tend to check on the skyscanner app on my iPhone and when there is a flight/airline that is good for price/times then I go direct to the airlines website and skip using Skyscanner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slodgedad
28-08-2012, 23:48
I don't bother using them anymore. Just go direct to Ryanair,,

(My personal opininion and does not reflect my status on the Forum)

samnickgodber
29-08-2012, 05:41
I tend to check on the skyscanner app on my iPhone and when there is a flight/airline that is good for price/times then I go direct to the airlines website and skip using Skyscanner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too xxx

Balcony
29-08-2012, 18:21
Monarch out of Luton used to be our first choice, but they do change flight times and I can't ever seem to get the afternoon flight back! Last time back, I was on my own and took the evening flight back to Luton, but it was way past 1am before I got home.

i only ever check monarch or thomas cook because the flight times are realy good, usually fly out with monarch about 2.30 pm( if it's not delayed) and then fly back with thomas cook about 3.00pm, usualy ends up costing us £500 for the 2 of us

marbro8
30-08-2012, 21:02
not good mate when the hols over it's over all you want to do is get home as soon as:(

dagoseed72
06-10-2012, 15:14
I would check on Trabber.co.uk (http://www.trabber.co.uk) that is a site that compare prices between airline website and online travel agencies.

marbro8
06-10-2012, 18:50
I don't bother using them anymore. Just go direct to Ryanair,,

(My personal opininion and does not reflect my status on the Forum)love the disclaimer slodge:lol:

warbey
06-10-2012, 19:28
I understand there are Landing Fees payable for each Flight in or Out.

This could well be Cheaper at smaller Airfields.

Thats one reason for the likes of Ryanair using remoter Airfields.

BoPeep
06-10-2012, 21:12
We are close to East Midlands and often get a return to TFS for about £90.

I do have a prepaid card, book TFS to EMA so the price is in euros (same price but in euros instead of £s) and dont have a suitcase!

Birmingham can be marginally cheaper but a bit of a drive!