PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Sixt/Cicar Car Hire inTenerife South Airport?

GunnerBill
28-08-2012, 20:50
In looking for car hire I've narrowed down SIXT as having a suitabley large cars for negotiating steep country (made a mistake of having a Nissan Note for going up the Turdos in Cyprus :crazy: a few years ago!!).

Anyway the location information for the Sixt desk in a bit confusing - "shuttle ride". And Sixt said it was about 15 minutes... not really what you want at a 20:00 hrs arrival.

So... does anyone know where it actually is at the airport or do they simply take you to the location in Playa de las Americas?

I'm seeing now in the website that they are partners with Cicar...

BobMac
28-08-2012, 21:00
In looking for car hire I've narrowed down SIXT as having a suitabley large cars for negotiating steep country (made a mistake of having a Nissan Note for going up the Turdos in Cyprus :crazy: a few years ago!!).

Anyway the location information for the Sixt desk in a bit confusing - "shuttle ride". And Sixt said it was about 15 minutes... not really what you want at a 20:00 hrs arrival.

So... does anyone know where it actually is at the airport or do they simply take you to the location in Playa de las Americas?

I'm seeing now in the website that they are partners with Cicar...

Best value for car hire in Tenerife is Autoreisen

Desk is in the arrivals hall and you book online and pay when you get there - the price you book at is the total price you pay, there is no messing around with fuel charges, you bring it back with the same amount of petrol it had in it when you picked it up.

Cars aren't all brand new but the prices are lower than all the others.

Website is here (http://www.autoreisen.es/ingles/tenerife_car_hire.php?origen=Adwords&camp=TfInAR&kw=autoreisen&OVKEY=autoreisen)

AL JAY
28-08-2012, 21:02
Use Autoreisen who are based at TFS arrivals, No gimmicks or hidden charges! 95% on here would recommend them!

Susief
28-08-2012, 21:12
My hubby has just hired an Autoreisen car and he booked a category A and they upgraded him to B/C.
It has only cost £100 for 12 days and no extras.
It is in the arrival hall, you just take your booking confirmation, passport, driving licence and credit card!
Staff speak pretty good English too!
An example for a week:
http://www.arcarhire.com/car-hire/bookings-P2.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megaloo
28-08-2012, 21:22
Cicar are in the arrival hall as well.

Vortex Wake
28-08-2012, 21:25
Use Autoreisen . Other 'cheap' car hire firms add extras that you don't want or need so the price is higher .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOGQ2j86t08&feature=youtube_gdata_player

GunnerBill
28-08-2012, 21:28
Thanks for the info. I looked at AR but I was after a big Auto Saloon and they didn't have anything that fitted that bill.

Unless anyone can lend us an Audi A6 3.0 TDi for a few days next year? lol

Megaloo
28-08-2012, 21:50
We used Cicar and was always very pleased with the cars, and always was upgraded up from the car we booked .