PDA

View Full Version : Why is my resident card being refused on flight booking websites?

mikejune
28-08-2012, 20:56
why oh why isn't RyanAir or air europa, accepting my resident card, padron,and travel certificate, from the town hall. so i can claim my discount .. grrrrr

Ian_N
28-08-2012, 21:00
Where you travelling too.

garlicbread
28-08-2012, 21:31
Can't speak for Air Europa but in the case of Ryanair, when asked for a document number, type in your NIE number MINUS the initial letter.

mikejune
07-09-2012, 12:38
oh i found out why... according to the town hall, We have to re-register our Padron every 3 mths to get the residents discount in spain..

chifleta
07-09-2012, 13:02
why oh why isn't RyanAir or air europa, accepting my resident card, padron,and travel certificate, from the town hall. so i can claim my discount .. grrrrr

are you inputting your details/NIE in correctly Michalmus? :old:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

oh i found out why... according to the town hall, We have to re-register our Padron every 3 mths to get the residents discount in spain.. yup :neener: that too...... gizza job :spin:

mossy
09-09-2012, 13:19
Can't speak for Air Europa but in the case of Ryanair, when asked for a document number, type in your NIE number MINUS the initial letter.
I've tried that but still doesn't work??:mad:

seanocelt
09-09-2012, 15:14
We got new empadronamientos (which state they are for internal travel too), been trying to book flights since Friday, Ryanair site not recognising number, tried NIE too, no chance. Meanwhile, the flight price goes up, infuriating. Im thinking its because the town halls cant cope, but maybe its Ryanair's problem. Anyone else?

junglejim
09-09-2012, 15:25
FromRyanair
CHANGES HAVE BEEN ANNOUCED BY THE SPANISH MINISTRY WHICH CONCERN ALL PASSENGERS WHO HAVE OBTAINED A RESIDENT DISCOUNT. FROM THE 1ST OF SEPTEMBER 2012 ONWARDS PASSENGERS WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO TRAVEL ON THE PRODUCTION OF THE FOLLOWING FORMS OF ID:

CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE ISSUED BY THE TOWN OR CITY COUNCIL AS PROOF OF RESIDENCE OR VALID CREDENTIALS FOR MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT/SENATORS, WHOSE CONSTITUENCY IS IN THE BALEARIC, CANARY ISLANDS OR CEUTA REGION. AND A VALID PASSPORT OR NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD.

WE URGENTLY REQUIRE ALL PASSENGERS TRAVELLING FROM THE 1ST OF SEPTEMBER 2012 WHO HAVE AVAILED OF A RESIDENT DISCOUNT TO OBTAIN A RESIDENTS CERTIFICATE. YOUR IDENTIFICATION MUST REMAIN VALID UNTIL AFTER YOUR JOURNEY HAS COMPLETED. A DNI OR NIE CARD WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED AS PROOF OF RESIDENCE (EVEN IF USED FOR ID AT THE POINT OF PURCHASE). VALIDATION WILL MADE AT THE AIRPORT AND PASSENGERS WHO CANNOT PRODUCE A CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE OR PARLIAMENT/SENATORS CREDENTIALS FROM 1ST SEPTEMBER ONWARDS WILL BE DENIED BOARDING.

seanocelt
09-09-2012, 15:31
Aye thats the info JJ, we took it to Arona , Los Cris, immediately got the new empadronamient, but the Ryanair site will not recognise the number, therefore nae discount....yet!

junglejim
09-09-2012, 15:35
Vueling fly from north to Barca but not as cheap !

seanocelt
09-09-2012, 15:41
Nearly double, and Air Europa even more. Price was 55 for 2 if discount applied. Now 80. Will be over a ton before i know it, would have been as well to pay the 110 total, no discount last week saving a trip to the town hall!. I imagine many Spanish residents will be furious on the mainland too.

CeeCee
09-09-2012, 16:19
Can I get the new certificates from the cultural centre in Cristianos? We got certificate empardriamentos in May valid for 6 months but presume

mossy
09-09-2012, 16:20
Thanks seanocelt you've saved me the trip to the town hall.But i think it's ryanair's problem not accepting DNI (NIE) becaused it used to by taking off the first letter.???

seanocelt
09-09-2012, 17:13
Thanks seanocelt you've saved me the trip to the town hall.But i think it's ryanair's problem not accepting DNI (NIE) becaused it used to by taking off the first letter.???

Dunno if its that or just the changeover to using empadronamiento number instead of NIE. The site specifically asks you to name the document, then number on it. Town hall were all geared up, we got a ticket 1300 and were out the door with them within 7 minutes. I asked her about the change from the "certificado de viaje" to empadronomiento being the valid doc and she confirmed. Somewhere there is a glitch, either backed up with too many new numbers to input or the transfer of data to Ryanair's site. Means Ryanair will increase prices while we wait on it to work, discount ends uop being less. If my flight goes up much more by Tues im just paying full price, rediculous.

Can I get the new certificates from the cultural centre in Cristianos? We got certificate empardriamentos in May valid for 6 months but presume

Yes, if you fly later than Nov you will need new one, i would get it anyway incase of further confusion.

chifleta
09-09-2012, 22:29
Vueling fly from north to Barca but not as cheap !
they had nice big chairs though, when we flew with them a fair few years ago :)

judetenerife
09-09-2012, 22:41
im sooo confused now, i didnt realise there is a change. im going to book flights with ryanair this month to flight to barcelona in october. what cert do i now get from the town hall? i used to just get the certificate of travel. ive been on the padron for 15 years and never been asked to re-register every three months - who has time for that! - or have i got the wrong end of the stick??

slodgedad
10-09-2012, 01:14
Empadromiento is valid for 6 months, it is not copulsary to have one but you need one every time you enter into a new credit transaction, buying a car or anything else legal.

It is the only legal proof of where you actually live at the time.

Seems a bit daft to me especially if you are a property owner.

seanocelt
10-09-2012, 01:17
You are in the exact same position as me. I want to fly to Barcelona on Oct 22. My empadronomiento expired earlier in the year. As of 1st SEPT the certificado de viaje has been replaced by a newly worded empadronomiento. Replacing your old one is no problem, getting Ryaniar's site to accept it while booking IS at the moment anyway.

mikejune
10-09-2012, 09:00
we found after getting a new padron.. putting your NIE into Ryanair booking site .. it only accepted it in caps with no spaces or ( - ) hope that helps

seanocelt
10-09-2012, 10:20
we found after getting a new padron.. putting your NIE into Ryanair booking site .. it only accepted it in caps with no spaces or ( - ) hope that helps

when did you try that, and have you flown yet? just wondering how its looked at on check-in.

Tried, accepted mine minus the prefix, not accepting wife's under any combination!

anniemc
10-09-2012, 11:16
We are flying to Fuerteventura at the end of September, what do we need to take to get a
new empadronamiento? Last time I had one, I got it from the office in Las Chafiras, can you still go there or do you need to go to San Miguel? Our residencias are in our old address, do we need to change that before we can go for the empadronamiento? I have read almost everything concerning this on the various threads, and I'm still confused!!

mossy
27-09-2012, 17:18
We got Certificado De Viaje but still no luck in booking our flights with ryanair,i wonder if they are aware of these problems?

garlicbread
27-09-2012, 17:46
We got Certificado De Viaje but still no luck in booking our flights with ryanair,i wonder if they are aware of these problems?

see post #3 near the beginning of this thread

mossy
27-09-2012, 17:54
Tried that Garlicbread but no luck.

seanocelt
27-09-2012, 18:20
I gave up, went to a local travel agent, he went on to Ryanair.es and after 10 mins got it to take bothe NIE numbers, one with the prefix off, one with the suffix off. Cost me commision but still a cheap deal. I used the one in Los Cris behing church.

mossy
27-09-2012, 18:35
How much commission did they charge you seanocelt?

seanocelt
27-09-2012, 18:56
Think it was a tenner each, still good with the big discount BUT because Ryanair's site never accepted my NIE for 10 days the very cheap price had doubled. Sill, 130 euros for 2 returns to Barcelona aint bad.

junglejim
27-09-2012, 19:11
Fligh to Barca €130
Ticket for game €50
Big Efe taming Messi - priceless ! ( But not likely)

Have a great time !

seanocelt
27-09-2012, 19:47
50 for a ticket would be nice too, imagine at that price it would be up near the aircraft flying over Camp Nou!

chifleta
28-09-2012, 16:57
Just in case no-one has put this on here yet, I was listening to the local news this morning, they are say if you don't take your Certificado with you when you actually go to fly e.g. with Binter, you will lose your seat, without even the option to pay the extra.... so make sure you have all your paperwork else you'll not be going anywhere, and no chance of money back either...

junglejim
28-09-2012, 17:12
50 for a ticket would be nice too, imagine at that price it would be up near the aircraft flying over Camp Nou!
Look here
https://entrades.fcbarcelona.cat/Ticketing/gestionURL?bean=estadoCompra&accion=iniciarCompra&aforo=&idCompeticion=2003&jornada=03&lang=es

Chewbacca
01-10-2012, 11:27
Just bought a ticket on Ryanair, with out of date padron, just enter NIE without the first letter, no dash and capitals.....simple.
Thanks for all the advice everyone

judetenerife
01-10-2012, 20:55
i did mine last nite online, after approx 20 mins of trying on the spanish site with every combination know to man, i swapped to the english site and entered all three NIE's with prefixes and suffixes and it accepted it first try.

Medanoman
01-10-2012, 22:12
As a former frequent flyer to Madrid , I was always singled out to have my paperwork and resident discount paperwork checked before boarding, now at least , it won't be just me the guiru that gets stopped anymore but all the Canarians working in Madrid too. Hard times, there is some debate as to where the government is going to get the money to continue the discount. So make the most of it while its still there!

seanocelt
02-10-2012, 00:33
i did mine last nite online, after approx 20 mins of trying on the spanish site with every combination know to man, i swapped to the english site and entered all three NIE's with prefixes and suffixes and it accepted it first try.

Lucky you, does NOT work for everyone believe me!

judetenerife
03-10-2012, 22:14
i was starting to panic a bit but got there in the end. thank god!

seanocelt
04-10-2012, 01:30
Travel agent was most insistent; its a Ryanair problem, not a Spanish Gov one.

balababe
16-10-2012, 10:00
Has anyone solved this problem yet???

Ryanair is accepting my NIE number, but not my partner's. We are leaving the first letter off etc. However, mine starts with an X and his starts with a Y - could this have anything to do with it? Have been on both Spanish and English site - both refuse his number and accept mine. HELP!!!!

Ryanair is accepting my NIE number, but not my partner's. We are leaving the first letter off etc. However, mine starts with an X and his starts with a Y - could this have anything to do with it? Have been on both Spanish and English site - both refuse his number and accept mine. HELP!!!!

seanocelt
16-10-2012, 11:58
Exact problem i had, travel agent said keep trying the combinations eventually it will work. Took him 15 mins non stop in front of my eyes.

balababe
16-10-2012, 18:02
Exact problem i had, travel agent said keep trying the combinations eventually it will work. Took him 15 mins non stop in front of my eyes.

Just tried for twenty minutes and still not working! So perhaps we will not be going to Barcelona, as I am so annoyed with Ryanair!

seanocelt
16-10-2012, 18:13
Drove me nuts, went to travel agent in Los Cris, he got it done, picked up boarding passes today for Barcelona. Still, even with the comission it was a bargain, 140euro for two people return.

(im assuming you got the new empadronomiento, with travel note on it? If not your NIEs may not been on Ryanair's site, if you did get them, ignore that!)

SuzyQ
16-10-2012, 18:48
I booked for barcelona last week, only €100 for 2 return flights witht he discount. It wouldnt accept our NIEs at first, then I saw on another thread on here that if you take out the X (or Y) and put in a zero instead it will accept it. It worked and the booking went through. I havent got the certificates from the Ayuntamiento yet, but surely they carry the same number???

seanocelt
16-10-2012, 20:06
They do use the same (NIE) but agent said you may not be found in Ryanair's system unless you did the new emapdronimiento. (wrong by the looks of it). Also Suzy, he told me today to make sure you take it with you to the airport or they will cancel you and make you pay that day's price full fare.

balababe
16-10-2012, 20:25
I booked for barcelona last week, only €100 for 2 return flights witht he discount. It wouldnt accept our NIEs at first, then I saw on another thread on here that if you take out the X (or Y) and put in a zero instead it will accept it. It worked and the booking went through. I havent got the certificates from the Ayuntamiento yet, but surely they carry the same number???

I have tried this - we have got the certificates and yes, they do carry the same number. Still no idea why only my NIE will work, since we got the empandronamientos and the certificados de viajar at the same time.

seanocelt
16-10-2012, 20:30
I have tried this - we have got the certificates and yes, they do carry the same number. Still no idea why only my NIE will work, since we got the empandronamientos and the certificados de viajar at the same time.

EXACTLY the same problem as i had! (Im sure you know, the certificado de viaje is obsolete, replaced by the new empadronomiento, with added words for travel).

balababe
16-10-2012, 22:00
EXACTLY the same problem as i had! (Im sure you know, the certificado de viaje is obsolete, replaced by the new empadronomiento, with added words for travel).

I only got the empadronamientos and the certificados de viajar last week!!!! What are the added words? The panic is that I am travelling on Fred. Olsen on Friday and I was under the happy impression that these were the correct documents.

I went to the ayuntamiento in Adeje and these are what I received - a padron for myself and Paul and a certificado de viaje each. This was last Wednesday. Panicking .................!!!!!!

SuzyQ
16-10-2012, 22:54
That sounds right to me balababe.....

seanocelt
17-10-2012, 02:19
Not to me! But im sure , as per usual , the Ayuntamientos are acting in total (autonomy?) non co-ordinated fashion. Here in Arona, the empad is endorsed with "travel discount applies" in Spanish, and a big notice is up at the Cultural Centre saying no more "cert de Viajes". BUT; it also says, "get it all online, no queues,or problems and its FREE! Yeah, right! Good luck Balababe, hope its all ok.

Medanoman
17-10-2012, 02:57
I see Islas Airways folded yesterday after being owed 10 million in unpaid Travel discounts...

KirstyJay
17-10-2012, 08:27
I see Islas Airways folded yesterday after being owed 10 million in unpaid Travel discounts...

I believe that's incorrect. The charter side of the business is still open.

balababe
18-10-2012, 09:17
Not to me! But im sure , as per usual , the Ayuntamientos are acting in total (autonomy?) non co-ordinated fashion. Here in Arona, the empad is endorsed with "travel discount applies" in Spanish, and a big notice is up at the Cultural Centre saying no more "cert de Viajes". BUT; it also says, "get it all online, no queues,or problems and its FREE! Yeah, right! Good luck Balababe, hope its all ok.

I went to the ayuntamiento in Adeje. No notices there. I also hope it is ok - travelling tomorrow with Fred. Olsen so will know soon! Thank you to everyone for our help.