PDA

View Full Version : Health Is it possible to take morphine patches on a flight to Tenerife?

waveydavey
30-08-2012, 11:54
Is there any one out there who knows if it is possible to take morphine patches on a plane,my wife is flying on the 7th of next month and she is worried that the patches she is taking for the relief of hip pain are ok to have onboard.Thanks.

delderek
30-08-2012, 11:58
Is there any one out there who knows if it is possible to take morphine patches on a plane,my wife is flying on the 7th of next month and she is worried that the patches she is taking for the relief of hip pain are ok to have onboard.Thanks.

Can't think of any possible reason, they would not be allowed.

Tenerifelass
30-08-2012, 12:42
Just take your prescription notes with you, and do not announce loud that you have morphine patches on not do unnecessarily invite curiosity and speculation.

Goldenmaniac
30-08-2012, 13:00
You need to check with your own airline eg this is Ryan airs info from their website
Essential Medical Equipment/Supplies

If for medical reasons, passengers need to inject themselves during the flight (e.g., diabetics) they are permitted to carry syringes in the cabin. They will be asked to produce appropriate medical evidence (a doctor's letter will suffice) when they check in or at security. This should be kept with them at all times.

Information in relation to the carriage of medical equipment is available in the Special Assistance section in the Travel Questions on www.ryanair.com or via your local Ryanair call centre.

For the carriage of medication in your hand luggage please bring the prescription with you to allow security clearance.

Passengers who need to carry essential medical equipment/supplies in addition to their hand or checked baggage allowance should contact the Ryanair Special Assistance Line.

doingok
30-08-2012, 17:54
you need a doctors letter as its a controlled drug i have had to get one.check here http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/drugs/licensing/personal/

the_kat
12-11-2012, 12:12
My mother in law has to bring over the liquid form morphine and she has a letter from her doctor to show to security at the airports. Hope that helps.

timmylish
13-11-2012, 04:04
Yes! It being a class A or B drug you need to carry medical certification at all times. Morphine, Oxycontin both in tablet and liquid ( I take heavy doses of both hence I,m aware of the regulations.

blueeyes
15-11-2012, 09:31
If you are bring 3 to 6 months supplies you need a Personal licence from the gov again i had to get one it is free to. from here http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/drugs/licensing/personal/

one word of warning if you get caught carrying morphine without the Personal licence YOU CAN BE ARRESTED FOR IMPORTING CLASS A DRUGS WHICH AS HAPPENED.