PDA

View Full Version : The amnesty is over regarding For Sale and signatures on Tenerife Forum.org

slodgedad
17-06-2011, 00:01
As you all know the T&Cs state that signatures and For Sale postings can only be made after a member has 10 posts.

This rule has been relaxed lately, as we are all virtual newbies.

It is being abused by a lot of newbies and so the rule will be adhered to as from tomorrow, 17th, June, 2011., which means that any advertisement in the For Sale section, or a member who adds a signature, with less than 10, will have their posts deleted unless permission is given.

This is an anti spam, anti 1 post members, measure.

We need quality members and not just 1 posters.

Signatures still need 10 posts but if you advertise something For Sale, with less than a 10 post count, it will be removed without explanation

sundownersvince
17-06-2011, 00:31
Thankyou Sir, see any items I have for sale on ebay uk. User name fboychch.........will deliver smaller items to TF........Bet this gets lifted?

slodgedad
17-06-2011, 00:45
Thankyou Sir, see any items I have for sale on ebay uk. User name fboychch.........will deliver smaller items to TF........Bet this gets lifted?

Bit naughty, I know. But the point I am trying to make is that as the new Forum, unbelievably, is breaking records so spammer and 1 post advertisers are queuing up.

The For Sale etc. facility is supposed to be a tool for members and not fly by night advertisers. Hence the original rule

sundownersvince
17-06-2011, 00:56
It's night time and I'm flyin high........

poker
17-06-2011, 07:53
Gues ill have to post a few silly posts then . As I dont post a lot but were a long time on the old forum :-):-):-)

Sent from my Galaxy Tab p1000 using Tapatalk.

Jackie
17-06-2011, 07:59
Can the same thing not be done for people replying to job adverts as well. Just annoys me when there are plenty of long standing members on here who are more often than not looking for work and on a lot of occasions the people that are replying to these ads are doing so with their first post. Also I would like to see ALL replies to job adverts deleted unless they are done in the correct way i.e. if they ask people to PM them for details and then they go onto post all their details on the forum then delete it.:eyebrows::eyebrows:

Vortex Wake
17-06-2011, 08:12
I think there should be a control on members (who to only post in the for sale section) selling NEW items week in week out (people selling mobile phones for example).

Zara
17-06-2011, 08:40
Great post Jackie, pressing the thanks wasnīt enough. If members are being monitored for their contributions they should also be rewarded by not losing out to first time posters as you suggest.

As far as answering the ads correctly goes without saying LOL

Jackie
17-06-2011, 08:53
Great post Jackie, pressing the thanks wasnīt enough. If members are being monitored for their contributions they should also be rewarded by not losing out to first time posters as you suggest.

As far as answering the ads correctly goes without saying LOL

haha Zara, you know it's a bugbear of mine:lol::lol:

TenerifeTeddy
17-06-2011, 09:01
Can the same thing not be done for people replying to job adverts as well. Just annoys me when there are plenty of long standing members on here who are more often than not looking for work and on a lot of occasions the people that are replying to these ads are doing so with their first post. Also I would like to see ALL replies to job adverts deleted unless they are done in the correct way i.e. if they ask people to PM them for details and then they go onto post all their details on the forum then delete it.:eyebrows::eyebrows:

IMO the simplest form of moderation of people who do not reply to job adverts correctly, is that the person who is offering the job ignores them. If the request is "for more info send a PM" and someone posts asking for more information, then that person is demonstrating that they canīt follow instructions! As an employer do I want someone working for me who canīt follow instructions? No.

Anyway this is going off topic, so I will have to put myself in the dungeon :)

Zara
17-06-2011, 09:12
IMO the simplest form of moderation of people who do not reply to job adverts correctly, is that the person who is offering the job ignores them. If the request is "for more info send a PM" and someone posts asking for more information, then that person is demonstrating that they canīt follow instructions! As an employer do I want someone working for me who canīt follow instructions? No.

Nooo!!! not the dungeon, you must put yourself in Off Topic, the dungeon is for drivel, nonsense and silly chit-chat. The only mods that are allowed in the Dungeon are those that meet the required criteria such as Mike and Slodge :crazy: If you too are a little mad then you will be welcome but not if you just use it as a dump - that means someone will have to clean up after you :eek:

doreen
17-06-2011, 09:24

Have we a minimum number of posts before you can send a PM ... that would help in this situation :)

onelegnofeet
17-06-2011, 09:32
, so I will have to put myself in the dungeon :)

NO POINT .........................its still 2011 down here !!!

Faraway
17-06-2011, 13:37
What about the fact that we've all had to re-register tho'? In fact my username has changed slightly from the other one so don't want to get 'deleted' on a technicality please.

TenerifeTeddy
17-06-2011, 15:06
What about the fact that we've all had to re-register tho'? In fact my username has changed slightly from the other one so don't want to get 'deleted' on a technicality please.

I looks as if you are over the minimum post count anyway, so it shouldnīt be a problem, but otherwise you could always send a PM to a mod and mention that you were a regular poster on the old forum, Iīm sure it would then be approved.

We arenīt out to alienate anyone or penalise anyone, as Slodgedad says, we just want people to contribute to the forum and not just take advantage of it by posting for sale items but not otherwise taking part.

TenerifeTeddy
17-06-2011, 15:09
Have we a minimum number of posts before you can send a PM ... that would help in this situation :)
I think there used to be a minimum post count of something like 4, before you could send a PM. Iīm not sure if it still applies, though Iīm sure one of the more knowledgeable mods will pop the answer on here. :)

slodgedad
17-06-2011, 17:15

Of course it won't be automatic, and moderating discretion will be used.

It is aimed at those who only ever come on to advertise and make no contribution whatsoever to the Forum.

Faraway
17-06-2011, 18:42
Ok - thanks

YOUNG GOLFER
17-06-2011, 18:53
I don't worry too much about members putting items up for sale on the forum......but what i would like to see is IF anyone does manage to sell something then at least PRESS the donation button which as we all know will help keep this forum from going down the same road as the other one.

For example...

Anything for sale under 100€ 10% donated to the forum.

100€/500€ then 5% donated.

Over 500€ plus then 2% donated.

Members will use the forum just for selling alone....so what not give a little back.

Faraway
17-06-2011, 19:02
Ohhhh - that's a good idea. Didn't know about it as I'm fairly new to Forums.
Many thanks!