PDA

View Full Version : Travel What is needed to bring my dog to Tenerife on the ferry from Cadiz?

olive20
31-08-2012, 14:25
Hi
I am coming over to Tenerife in December for 3 months and travelling on the ferry from Cadiz to Tenerife
with my dog and i am trying to find out if i need more than just his passport to travel? He had his last
yearly injections in May this year so everything is up to date however i keep reading snippets about
a health certificate required for Tenerife but i can't seem to find out alot about it??? We are resident in
France and not the UK so travelling to Spain is straight forward but I thought maybe there would be more
requirements as Tenerife is an island. Can anyone help?? and has anyone travelled with their dog on the ferry from Cadiz ? i am
hoping it will be ok for him - i know its quite a journey but he would prefer to come with me for 3 months rather than stay in
kennels here in France!

timmylish
31-08-2012, 15:18
Try asking your vet who will have the required info. for European travel.

olive20
31-08-2012, 15:40
hi Thanks Timmylish- i tried that but they just assumed Tenerife was the same as Spain therefore didn't require anything but i wasn't totally convinced after reading about a 'health certificate' for Tenerife so just wondered if anyone else had travelled with their dog on the ferry and what requirements were needed at the port of Cadiz??

Pets@Home
05-09-2012, 00:00
Hi all my imports fm UK had to have H.C.

To be on the safe side do it anyway, its not expensive.

olive20
05-09-2012, 08:54
hi Pets@home
thanks for your reply - can you tel me if the health certificate has got a form number/name? i know this probably sounds stupid but i am based in France and i need to ask the vet here to complete one or is it just a general letter written by the vet stating that my dog is in good health? thanks

Megaloo
05-09-2012, 13:45
Not sure if this will help you

http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/Tenerife.cfm