View Full Version : New chicken shack at Adeje

clipityclop
02-09-2012, 14:01
Hi

I have heard in adeje El Galeon there is a new chicken restaurant, the name is the Corrall and aparently is half of the family whom ran the Oasis , I know its popular and suits a lot of people but personally I do not like as no butter sauses with bread and I have never liked the quality of service or lack off , I certainly dont mean to offend anyone who does like it , Has anyone tried the new one and if so do they have ali oli ,and other sauces with the bread and how is the service , I usually use bar Espana and love it there and the ladies who run it are funny and the service is excellent

thanks

junglejim
02-09-2012, 18:39
There is a large article on new restaurant in this weeks Canarian Weekly´.
My friend loves their Garlic Chicken and has been to his new place 6 times since opening and raves about it -I have been to Oasis and it was lovely but I don´t normally eat chips ,the other one I like is the Damary in Avda.Constitution on the 473/418 bus route .

Susief
02-09-2012, 22:31
Is it near Oasis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junglejim
02-09-2012, 23:25
Is it near Oasis?

No it´s on Avenida deLos Oceanos no9 El Galeon,go left at 2nd roundabout just before cemetry on the 473/417 bus route.
Article is on page 42 of Canarian Weekly
http://www.canarianweekly.com/el-corral-del-pollo-de-adeje-its-simply-mouth-watering/

Susief
03-09-2012, 05:50
No it´s on Avenida deLos Oceanos no9 El Galeon,go left at 2nd roundabout just before cemetry on the 473/417 bus route.
Article is on page 42 of Canarian Weekly
http://www.canarianweekly.com/el-corral-del-pollo-de-adeje-its-simply-mouth-watering/

Thanks Jim, hubby out there at moment so will let him know!

YOUNG GOLFER
03-09-2012, 12:05
As this place is only a 2min walk form my house i had to give it a try.
Been there twice and have to say the staff are very nice the place itself is very clean and the food is good.
Even though it's only been open a short time it seems to be busy which is great for any business right now.......i paid for 1 person 10€ that was salad chicken and chips with a bread roll with garlic butter and a cool beer to wash it down.
Must add no worries about parking there is plenty of room which can sometimes be a pain when eating at the other chicken shacks in Adeje.

Would i go back yes for sure............ but my favorite will always be Bar Espana in the main town fresh chicken fresh chips homemade Mojo and a lot of history about the place.... Maria and her family and staff are just the best.
I remember a good few years back in a local magazine i was asked my favorite place to eat and i said Bar Espana in Adeje and to my surprise they still have the little the write up in their place on the wall.

imablue
03-09-2012, 12:35
Is it near Oasis?

its next door to where The Swan Bar used to be...

Susief
08-09-2012, 15:52
its next door to where The Swan Bar used to be...

He went there a couple of nights ago with my son & his friend and all three came away very satisfied with the food & service! Am hoping to try out in Oct.

Susief
08-09-2012, 15:53
As this place is only a 2min walk form my house i had to give it a try.
Been there twice and have to say the staff are very nice the place itself is very clean and the food is good.
Even though it's only been open a short time it seems to be busy which is great for any business right now.......i paid for 1 person 10€ that was salad chicken and chips with a bread roll with garlic butter and a cool beer to wash it down.
Must add no worries about parking there is plenty of room which can sometimes be a pain when eating at the other chicken shacks in Adeje.

Would i go back yes for sure............ but my favorite will always be Bar Espana in the main town fresh chicken fresh chips homemade Mojo and a lot of history about the place.... Maria and her family and staff are just the best.
I remember a good few years back in a local magazine i was asked my favorite place to eat and i said Bar Espana in Adeje and to my surprise they still have the little the write up in their place on the wall.

YG where is this bar? It does sound familiar?

imablue
08-09-2012, 16:39
Bar España is excellent ...and if i may say... its opposite the Ayuntamiento at the top end of Calle Grande in Adeje Town....

junglejim
15-05-2013, 19:24
In case anyone is planning a trip to El Corral de Pollo in El Galeon , Adeje -it will be closed from 20th May until 1st of June for holidays - save you a wasted journey !

Susief
15-05-2013, 19:44
In case anyone is planning a trip to El Corral de Pollo in El Galeon , Adeje -it will be closed from 20th May until 1st of June for holidays - save you a wasted journey !

Was there last month and loved it as much as their other place, Oasis up in the old town.

junglejim
15-05-2013, 20:18
Was there last month and loved it as much as their other place, Oasis up in the old town.
Yes , the brothers split the business , they used to do week about and had their own stock locked away !
The new one was always rated better of the two ! We had planned on going next week - will have to go another time, perhaps Sunday!

Susief
15-05-2013, 20:21
Yes , the brothers split the business , they used to do week about and had their own stock locked away !
The new one was always rated better of the two ! We had planned on going next week - will have to go another time, perhaps Sunday!

We have been going to Oasis for over 10 years and have never had a bad meal/service.
Not sure what it is about the new place but we've been there last 3 times! Excellent!

bry
15-05-2013, 21:35
i think la rambla in adeje is the best. better menu, not just chicken.but chicken is really good.

Susief
15-05-2013, 22:27
i think la rambla in adeje is the best. better menu, not just chicken.but chicken is really good.

Whereabouts in Adeje is that bry?

Has anybody tried the new one in Buzanada?

Jimmyhow
22-05-2013, 12:58
Been to the one in Buzanada about 3 times (last time in February) funnily enough called "Adeje Chiken" - I think that's how they spell it!

Do 3 types Spicy, Garlic or Honey but the spicy is best for us and the good thing is the bus stops right outside so no need for a car and can have a few beers too.

Arona1
22-05-2013, 13:33
Been to the one in Buzanada about 3 times (last time in February) funnily enough called "Adeje Chiken" - I think that's how they spell it!

Do 3 types Spicy, Garlic or Honey but the spicy is best for us and the good thing is the bus stops right outside so no need for a car and can have a few beers too.

I can highly recommend this place, it also does BBQ chicken and chicken breast now as well

imablue
22-05-2013, 14:02
La Rambla is in Calle Grande Adeje Town just down from Oasis..it may well be next door to Oasis.. look here Sue...http://old.tenerifeforum.com/showthread.php?t=69794&page=1

golazzo
15-06-2013, 07:05
Having never been I need to go. We have only ever been to the one on the front up Torviscas. Is it easy to find, I know roughly where the new part of adeje is with all the newly built townhouses are, so i assume I'm in the right district. I think I've passed through it when I've travelled on the bus to Los Gigantes

imablue
15-06-2013, 09:28
Its in the area known as El Galeon... the bus does pass there, the shack is next door to a place that was The Swan Pub ...

honda
15-06-2013, 18:07
Take a taxi. The drivers all know the chicken places, open and close times and days when not open. You can also have a few sherbets.

marbro8
15-06-2013, 18:29
Take a taxi. The drivers all know the chicken places, open and close times and days when not open. You can also have a few sherbets.how much would it cost from los cris?

golazzo
15-06-2013, 18:43
how much would it cost from los cris?

I reckon you would be looking at €15

marbro8
15-06-2013, 18:54
I reckon you would be looking at €15not to bad i suppose, with meals and drinks you would be looking at about €80 for 2 people for the night? unless you could catch a bus there and taxi back?

golazzo
15-06-2013, 18:58
not to bad i suppose, with meals and drinks you would be looking at about €100 for the night? unless you could catch a bus there and taxi back?

Ill just designate the wife to drive. Problem solved

marbro8
15-06-2013, 19:02
Ill just designate the wife to drive. Problem solvedha ha, i can do that here in the uk but we don't drive in tenerife, two of the girls on the complex we stay at said they went to a chicken restaurant up in the mountains, i think they said it was othello? they said the salad was great and they bought out the chicken in a large dish, and portions where very large, and served it with canarian potatoes, is that a different place?

golazzo
15-06-2013, 19:43
ha ha, i can do that here in the uk but we don't drive in tenerife, two of the girls on the complex we stay at said they went to a chicken restaurant up in the mountains, i think they said it was othello? they said the salad was great and they bought out the chicken in a large dish, and portions where very large, and served it with canarian potatoes, is that a different place?

Same place I believe. There's also a chicken shack up torviscas way thats good overlooking the sea front

tfs1
15-06-2013, 19:51
Otello is indeed way up the hill and has fantastic views during the day. You can get a bus close (ish) but the remaining walk is steep and challenging, I have been by car and that was hard work - but worth the views etc !

This is a different place, lower down the hill and near college/sports centre and the buses stop nearby.

Without wishing to put a dampener on it but I think we need to remember that we are talking about some salad, chicken and chips etc - this is good grub and not gourmet cuisine.

For the 4 of us the bill is normally around 50€ and we are their around 2 hours.

We went to the Otello on the beach - never again the food was aweful, overcooked, overpriced and nothing like its original namesake 'up the hill'.

other popular Adeje 'chicken shack' places are Oasis (cafe style, no menu, just serves up salad/chicken/chips !) Damary, more of a restaurant.

seanocelt
15-06-2013, 19:56
the one in Buzanada is nearer Los Cris, called Adeje Chicken; 4 of us had bread, salad (just for 2 , huge did all of us), chicken x 4 (had spicy, honey and garlic) , chips for 2 , canarian spuds for 2, mojo sauces, plus 2 cokes and 2 waters- 52 euros incl 4 euros tip. Slow service as you would expect but excellent.

golazzo
15-06-2013, 19:59
the one in Buzanada is nearer Los Cris, called Adeje Chicken; 4 of us had bread, salad (just for 2 , huge did all of us), chicken x 4 (had spicy, honey and garlic) , chips for 2 , canarian spuds for 2, mojo sauces, plus 2 cokes and 2 waters- 52 euros incl 4 euros tip. Slow service as you would expect but excellent.

Wheres this one in Los Cris

marbro8
15-06-2013, 20:00
Othello is indeed way up the hill and has fantastic views during the day. You can get a bus close (ish) but the remaining walk is steep and challenging, I have been by car and that was hard work - but worth the views etc !

This is a different place, lower down the hill and near college/sports centre and the buses stop nearby.

Without wishing to put a dampener on it but I think we need to remember that we are talking about some salad, chicken and chips etc - this is good grub and not gourmet cuisine.

For the 4 of us the bill is normally around 50€ and we are their around 2 hours.sound great to me mate;), either one would do, but maybe the closer one because i don't think my flip flops would stand the uphill struggle:lol:, we have been to tenerife about 10 times now and i don't think i have ever had a chicken meal:lol:, so it would be nice to have a good one for my first,there is nothing better than tasty chicken home made chips and a good salad, if it is done right it is as good as gourmet;)

seanocelt
15-06-2013, 20:03
Wheres this one in Los Cris

NO; nearer Los Cris than Adeje is, someone asked about taxi fares. ; but its gone slightly off topic....careful!

marbro8
15-06-2013, 20:08
NO; nearer Los Cris than Adeje is, someone asked about taxi fares. ; but its gone slightly off topic....careful!we are ok seanocelt we are still talking about chicken:D

tfs1
15-06-2013, 20:11
the one in Buzanada is nearer Los Cris, called Adeje Chicken;

and the bus stops outside it, so just ask for Buzanada (sorry cant remember the bus number) and about 2-3 minutes after leaving the TF1 look out, from recollection, for a large yellow building on your left just before you get to the first roundabout.

Have never been, just got off the bus close to it when we were going to another eating place close by it !

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

there is nothing better than tasty chicken home made chips and a good salad, if it is done right it is as good as gourmet

Indeed Marbro8, the chicken is good and can be either spicy (and I mean spicy) and/or garlicy - this can depend on which place you choose . Wherever you go the service will sure to be typically friendly and warm - enjoy !!

chris
15-06-2013, 20:37
the one in Buzanada is nearer Los Cris, called Adeje Chicken;

Me and the wife called here 3 times during our holiday in May excellent food can't fault it and if you catch the bus or get a taxi you can have a few pints at 1 euro a pint.

marbro8
15-06-2013, 20:43
and the bus stops outside it, so just ask for Buzanada (sorry cant remember the bus number) and about 2-3 minutes after leaving the TF1 look out, from recollection, for a large yellow building on your left just before you get to the first roundabout.

Have never been, just got off the bus close to it when we were going to another eating place close by it !

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Indeed Marbro8, the chicken is good and can be either spicy (and I mean spicy) and/or garlicy - this can depend on which place you choose . Wherever you go the service will sure to be typically friendly and warm - enjoy !!cheers pal;), you don't realise sometimes that there is a whole different world outside of the normal eateries and bars that us tourists frequent, i am going to make an effort to try some of the ones that are within either a bus or short taxi ride in october;)

imablue
15-06-2013, 23:24
Same place I believe. There's also a chicken shack up torviscas way thats good overlooking the sea front

its called El Corral de Pollo...in El Galeon.. not to be mistaken for any other chicken places ...and there are a good few ...it has been said that Fañabe (chicken)is quite dire ..and i agree not been there for about 3 years ..why go when there are better places ..shame really

honda
16-06-2013, 11:17
IMO..... Bodega Damary in Adeje serve the best Chicken (to die for), but for views, you can't beat Atello :hungry:
Take the bus to Adeje, then get a taxi up the hill. Atello is probably the highest you can go in Adeje.

junglejim
16-06-2013, 11:23
I have been to Damary too in Adeje but last time we were there the waiter service was very poor - too busy watching football to serve a table of 8 - we've never went back .

416 bus takes you there (terminus) or 473

seanocelt
16-06-2013, 13:19
Where do you prefer out all the Chicken places JJ?

Susief
16-06-2013, 17:31
Where do you prefer out all the Chicken places JJ?

Out of all the Adeje chicken eateries I think Oasis is the best!

junglejim
16-06-2013, 17:38
The Corral del Pollo as he was the better of the two brothers in Oasis , but the Damary was nice just the attitude was poor . The Othello11 on Fanabe was dreadful .

We also persuade the Corral to make the Baraquitos extra strong with liquor!

imablue
16-06-2013, 19:05
Go try Terraza del Jable in Callao Salvaje...the chicken is fabulous ...its been our favourite chicken place for years( a secret really!! ) along with La Rambla in Adeje. nowhere else compares..

seanocelt
16-06-2013, 20:01
Where in Callao is it our Toffees luvin friend? I like Oasis, not tried the brother's one yet. The Buzanada one helps as they do it off the bone IE breast with sauces on side, suits herself better.

imablue
16-06-2013, 20:14
Travelling down Calle de Jable to the main bus stop ..above the bank( santander) take the steps up just to the left of the bank or the lift .....

Red
13-07-2013, 15:26
I'm sure all the above are good for taking the kids along but can anyone recommend any particular one? Dont want to be booking tables either really. Never works with kids as always late!

Martin W
15-07-2013, 20:39
Out of all the Adeje chicken eateries I think Oasis is the best!

I agree.

Damary second best.

cathiekeli
16-07-2013, 20:41
does anyone have the recipe for the garlic chicken. Im doing a spanish night come dine with me and would like to make the chicken as part of the meal.

poker
16-07-2013, 22:29
does anyone have the recipe for the garlic chicken. Im doing a spanish night come dine with me and would like to make the chicken as part of the meal.

You can't becouse you need an pressure fryer (not pressure cooker) to make the chicken .
The chicken is fryd under pressure in oil.

cheery
17-07-2013, 07:57
Does anyone have a recipe for the spicy orange dip they do at Othello's, Fanabe. I kept dipping bread in it throughout the meal it was that nice.

junglejim
17-07-2013, 08:31
Does anyone have a recipe for the spicy orange dip they do at Othello's, Fanabe. I kept dipping bread in it throughout the meal it was that nice.
Is that the Mojo sauce - plenty of recipes on-line .

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mojo+dip+recipe&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a