PDA

View Full Version : Charity Notice Live Arico Featured Dog

SuzyQ
17-06-2011, 02:35
Ok, this has worked in the past. We have around 370 dogs in the refuge. Some are rehomed soooo easily, for example 2 puppies found in the bins this week. In and out within 2 days. Some have the publicity, like Junior, a Port Royalle puppy. Some are gorgeous, some are ugly and stay for years, its a lottery really. However, what we do notice is, when you take ONE out of the mix and feature it, it works, and a home is found. Look at our lovely Dodo, flying to the UK this autumn.
So its a kind of "spotlight on" thread. I am going to push one dog at a time on here, when that dog has a home, I move onto the next.

Meet Max. Max is sad. He is around 9 years old, and when we look at his history, we see, he spent 18 months in K9, and has since been shunted from pillar to post. He is so sweet, we dont know why this is. He is very quiet, and has to be segregated from the bulk of the dogs as they tend to pick on him. He is lovely. He needs mountains of TLC and will give mountains of love in return. If you are reading this from the UK, we can send him there, at approximately €1000. PM me for more details. If you are here, he is yours for €70 which includes all vaccinations, chip, etc etc.
Can you give Max a home?

SuzyQ
17-06-2011, 21:43
Happy days!!!! After featuring Max on our facebook page, I have an appointment to meet a potential owner with him on Monday. Im taking him to Top Dog first for a pampering session,so fingers crossed everyone please. :)

LindaD
17-06-2011, 21:47
I hope all goes well with Max Suzy - he looks adorable.

astara
17-06-2011, 21:54
Good luck max - may your forever home be right round the corner ...

caroletenerife
17-06-2011, 22:01
hes lovely, i really hope it goes well and he finds a home. Older dogs may not be as cute as babies, but they give so much love and seem to appreciate their chance of a home more. Fasi was at Live Arico for a long time and only came to me by accident because of her cancer treatment. Initially people can be wary of her because of her squint teeth that make her look like she is growling sometimes, but you could not meet a more loving, patient, obedient dog, she is so laid back She loves everyone and everything and is a great favourite with the customers and people around the shop. So if you are thinking about adopting a dog, please try to look beyond the obvious, spend a little time with the dogs to discover their personalities. I am blessed to have Fasi, shes a joy x

SuzyQ
17-06-2011, 22:19
She is adorable CT. And so is Max, so crossing everything :)

SuzyQ
22-06-2011, 18:24
Well, the story of Max has been a little difficult to say the least. He has a cist on his chest which needs daily treatment, and he is on anti biotics and cortisone. Worst of all though, it looks to the vets as though he may have lymphoma, in wnich case they predict he may only live 4 to 6 months. This isnt confirmed yet, he is back at the vets on Monday and with the infection clear, it should be easier to see what else is going on. He has lost 25% of his body weight in 10 months so clearly there are serious issues. Despite all this, we have rehomed to a friend of mine, a single lady living alone, who is fully aware of the facts and just wants to give him some TLC and a nice place to live out his days. I am trying to fundraise his medical care as a seperate issue so as to not add to our huge bill with the amazing Hospivet Sur. If anyone can help me with this please PM for my paypal account.

So, with Max out of the refuge, todays featured dog is Tano, a male mixed breed caniche cross, 2 years old. Some weeks ago he was found knocked down outside the refuge. he has a broken hip, but is getting better and resting in Hospivet Sur. he needs a home, affection and attention, can you help?

caroletenerife
22-06-2011, 20:38
Its good to hear Max has a loving home, read on facebook that he is setteling in nicely. Hope little Tano can find someone, do you think he was ran over near the refuge, or someone dumped him there after he was run over somewhere else. Either way i suppose its a blessing he was found where and when he was.

Pets@Home
22-06-2011, 23:31
SuzyQ, what a wonderful thread u have started. As u possible have read I was looking for a home for LUCKY whos owner died.
With Astaras help and this forum he was rehomed in days .............. so what u are doing is abs wonderful and I agree one doggie at a time, so we can see their story ................
A picture of LUCKY and his new owner outside the Live Arico Shop last Saturday ............

SuzyQ
23-06-2011, 00:13
Thanks Shirley. I know, it does work, taking one out of the mix :)

CT, its impossible to know isnt it. Tano was dumped outside the refuge either beofre or after being knocked down. Its just a nightmare - no wonder our costs are spiralling :( Now with San Miguel not working with Accion Sol theres no prizes for guessing where their dogs will be going......

caroletenerife
24-06-2011, 19:19
Here's hoping his future is happier than his past x

SuzyQ
28-06-2011, 01:19
Tano still needs a home, even a temporary foster home, if anyone can help??? Please??

clipityclop
29-06-2011, 11:52
I live in el galeon adeje and last night from my balconie i noticed a person walking a dog with another dog of leash , a few hours later i was walking my puppy and i seen the same dog again so i think it is lost , i went out later and couldnt find it , it is a medium well groomed dog , orange and white , or chestnut , collie cross i would say , do you know if anyone has lost it , it had a collar and tag on but i couldnt get t
Ok, this has worked in the past. We have around 370 dogs in the refuge. Some are rehomed soooo easily, for example 2 puppies found in the bins this week. In and out within 2 days. Some have the publicity, like Junior, a Port Royalle puppy. Some are gorgeous, some are ugly and stay for years, its a lottery really. However, what we do notice is, when you take ONE out of the mix and feature it, it works, and a home is found. Look at our lovely Dodo, flying to the UK this autumn.
So its a kind of "spotlight on" thread. I am going to push one dog at a time on here, when that dog has a home, I move onto the next.

Meet Max. Max is sad. He is around 9 years old, and when we look at his history, we see, he spent 18 months in K9, and has since been shunted from pillar to post. He is so sweet, we dont know why this is. He is very quiet, and has to be segregated from the bulk of the dogs as they tend to pick on him. He is lovely. He needs mountains of TLC and will give mountains of love in return. If you are reading this from the UK, we can send him there, at approximately €1000. PM me for more details. If you are here, he is yours for €70 which includes all vaccinations, chip, etc etc.
Can you give Max a home?

SuzyQ
01-07-2011, 02:33
Clipity, I posted this onto another thread about a lost collie, will check now to see if we have a match!!

Sadly, Max died today at the vets, after Cesar fought hard to save him. He had a tumour in his neck which we hoped could be removed to give him some pain free, happy final months, but it grew very fast this week and he became ill, struggling to breathe. I took him to Hospivet yesterday and Cesar tried to remove it today, knowing the task would not be an easy one. The tumour was surrounding his jugular vein and we took the decision to let him go. I was in and out of the operating room throughout, and was able to hold his paw as he slipped away. So very sad as he found happiness in his final week with a friend of mine. Sleep well beautiful boy.............
I might have sorted out a home for Tano, will know a bit more tomorrow. I will let you know. :)

SuzyQ
03-07-2011, 02:54
OK, this is really working. Max was homed quick ( although his story ended badly :( ) Paco is homed, Tano is homed, so here we have Pitufa.
She is old, tired, and needs TLC. Can You ?

canarybird
03-07-2011, 13:11
So sorry to hear about Max. Brings tears to my eyes.

Canarybird

Jackie
03-07-2011, 14:22
Suzy you are doing a fantastic job re-homing these dogs, I just wish I had more land because I would definately have more than the two I have already got. I am sure people must drive up into the hills and dump them knowing that they won't find their way home because there is an endless 'supply' of stray/abandoned pups/dogs up here, a few of which we have taken in until we have found them homes.
Also be aware that the chances of your photo of Tano after being run over staying on the forum are slim. I posted some photos on behalf of Tia of two dogs who's chains had literally grown into their necks. A few forum members decided they were not appropriate to be on here so complained to admin and got them removed. Personally I think these kind of photos should be shown as they say so much more than words can. Keep up the good work :)

SuzyQ
04-07-2011, 03:02
Thank Jackie. yes, I think no one noticed Tanos pics, as no one complained. I dont mind gory pics if its something i can help change. I have to admit, I struggle with pics of abused animals in other countries as I cant do anything about it, but here is a different matter. if Tanos pics get taken off so be it, although they were "before" pics, and the "after" pics are so lovely, so theres a conclusion. We just carry on in the face of adversity. :)

SuzyQ
25-10-2011, 01:54
I havent updated this thread for ages, so sorry.
OK, Tano is being fostered by a friend of mine. She is moving off the island in 12 - 18 months, but we are not looking for a home for him because Im taking him. Im completely in love with him, he has to be mine, lol. So thats him out of the mix.

Now, look at this one, he has a story. Rocky is a one year old chow cross, lovely dog. He was adopted from Live Arico in January, but for reasons unknown to us at this point was dumped in Arona last week. we are denouncing the ¨owner¨ - the dog has come back to us as the chip details were not changed by the vet. He really is a belter, could anyone give him a PERMANENT home by any chance?