PDA

View Full Version : Paying for an operation from July 1st 2012 in Tenerife

waveydavey
03-09-2012, 09:01
My wife has just been allocated a time to see a surgeon on the social security,she has been told that as 1st July she will have to pay the cost of the prostheses which is a hip joint and then she can have the operation.Does anyone know if this is subject to a means test or do you have to pay regardless.

casabonny
03-09-2012, 09:46
I believe that you have to pay regardless of income but I may be wrong. this is what we have always been led to believe and it happens too with certain things on the private insurances which basically is what the social is . Why not ring you local medical centre and ask if they know?

Goldenmaniac
03-09-2012, 14:45
What is the basis for her entitlement of the Canarian health service? - This may have a bearing on things

waveydavey
03-09-2012, 16:01
She has signed on at Granadilla office as a pensionista and has been waiting to go to see the surgeon,we would like to know is the charge means tested at any stage.

Goldenmaniac
03-09-2012, 17:13
British Pensioner? - then its possible the UK won't ante up - after all if she is a British Pensioner then it's the Uk that's ultimately footing the bill - have a chat with the UK Overseas Healthcare Team on 0044 191 218 1999 ; have your UK national insurance number handy.