PDA

View Full Version : Our Renault dashboard has broken. Where can we get it fixed in Tenerife?

Pixie17
03-09-2012, 12:10
Dashboard has completly blanked out on our Renault Gran Scenic. The car still works but we cant see how fast we are travelling, the clock, temperature gauge and also the fuel gauge. Renault want to charge more than we expected for it to be repaired. In UK it appears that it has been a huge problem and Renault is paying any costs after 100 pounds. Can anyone help or has anyone experienced this problem, Thanks in advance

Malteser Monkey
03-09-2012, 12:26
I have just scrapped my Laguna - cost me an arm and both legs in repairs it was just one thing after another - too much electrical stuff on them. Sensors, computer, load of cojones ! I just wanted to drive the flipping thing.

Oooo dear do you detect a nerve......:cheeky:

Pixie i wish you luck dear

carpenter
03-09-2012, 13:06
Dashboard has completly blanked out on our Renault Gran Scenic. The car still works but we cant see how fast we are travelling, the clock, temperature gauge and also the fuel gauge. Renault want to charge more than we expected for it to be repaired. In UK it appears that it has been a huge problem and Renault is paying any costs after 100 pounds. Can anyone help or has anyone experienced this problem, Thanks in advance

If it's a common fault then it should be a common solution! Most things French on a car are coded to the car so you can't just go to a back street garage and get them to fix it from the radio to the ECU it all needs to be coded.
It's the main dealership's war on the little guys!

I'd stay with Renault in Guaza. At least you'll be in a better position to claim money back from Renault themselves.

Join a Renault Forum, there's always technicians and experts ready to give advice

gsc
09-09-2012, 17:23
We used the local garage in Los Abrigos for some repairs recently. It was a bit like charades but the job got done and it was way cheaper than expected. A problem with los of power in the car. They had all the elctronic gadgets etc and we picked the car up next day, sorted, for 35 euros.

LUCKY
09-09-2012, 22:47
as stated by carpenter , Join a Renault Forum, there's always technicians and experts ready to give advice :tiphat:

timmylish
09-09-2012, 23:35
Get in touch with Ashro (Forum member Mark) and arrange to have him fix your problem if he has the time.
Best auto repair man on the Island and a lot of members use him all the time!
(btw Mark Where is my comms. cheque anyway?+