PDA

View Full Version : Places to go in Tenerife where there's NO wifi!

LUCKY
03-09-2012, 22:26
i would like to help all our members and guest to the TENERIFE FORUM that wish when on holiday to be informed of all the WI FI free THE OLD MEANING OF FREE (WITHOUT) places so then they can look at a small list of places and have a great relaxing holiday .so come on techno people of Tenerife lets get started on the list ,

slodgedad
04-09-2012, 00:02
???????????

YOUNG GOLFER
04-09-2012, 00:15
time for the last drink me thinks........................

timmylish
04-09-2012, 01:52
Although it would be against my doctor,s advice, could I have whatever the O/p has been drinking!

davship
04-09-2012, 07:49
i would like to help all our members and guest to the TENERIFE FORUM that wish when on holiday to be informed of all the WI FI free THE OLD MEANING OF FREE (WITHOUT) places so then they can look at a small list of places and have a great relaxing holiday .so come on techno people of Tenerife lets get started on the list ,

Notices showing places with no mobile phone coverage would also be helpful!!!!

TenerifeTeddy
04-09-2012, 08:27
You could try the middle of the Parque Rural Anaga :)

Vortex Wake
04-09-2012, 09:08
That 4 hour flight to Tenerife without internet does my head in - I walk up and down the aisle 'Liking' and 'Thanking' everyone ;)

Loaded
04-09-2012, 09:18
That 4 hour flight to Tenerife without internet does my head in - I walk up and down the aisle 'Liking' and 'Thanking' everyone ;)

And reporting to admin any noisy kids lol

Malteser Monkey
04-09-2012, 09:29
Yes Talking drivel, being constantly off topic, moaning about the weather in the UK and wondering who is making my next barraquito !:cheeky:

Lucky I thought you were on a cruise - has all the bobbing up and down gawn to your head:sailing:

Greg
04-09-2012, 13:30
A nice quiet place with no internet, no mobile phones or satellite Tv, maybe you could try popping back to about 1970? Even more amusing as you have used the internet to pose the question to a group of people whose primary source of communication between its members is... the internet!! :doh:

BobMac
04-09-2012, 15:07
Don't quite see the point of this question !!

Surely if there is no sign up in the premises saying free Wi-Fi available, that implies that you can't access the internet from any Wi-Fi enabled device.

The problem would be that most devices which are Wi-Fi enabled are also 3G enabled which allows you to communicate even when there's no Wi-Fi and I would imagine that on Tenerife, there are probably not too many places where you can't use a 3G device.

LUCKY
04-09-2012, 16:06
Don't quite see the point of this question !!

Surely if there is no sign up in the premises saying free Wi-Fi available, that implies that you can't access the internet from any Wi-Fi enabled device.

The problem would be that most devices which are Wi-Fi enabled are also 3G enabled which allows you to communicate even when there's no Wi-Fi and I would imagine that on Tenerife, there are probably not too many places where you can't use a 3G device. Yes i see youre point can you not see my point ? ( said tongue in cheek ) still no flatcap and ferret smiley ah well.:tiphat:

cainaries
04-09-2012, 17:07
Yes i see youre point can you not see my point ? ( said tongue in cheek ) still no flatcap and ferret smiley ah well.:tiphat:

I think you should travel further afield, Lucky, although probably half way up the Amazon or the Limpopo rivers you would probably still get 3G. As for the smilies, I think there would need to be two distinct ones so we are quite clear which is the c ap and which is the ferret.

marbro8
04-09-2012, 18:49
mars, jupiter and saturn come to mind and laguna park:eyebrows:

LUCKY
06-09-2012, 18:02
I think you should travel further afield, Lucky, although probably half way up the Amazon or the Limpopo rivers you would probably still get 3G. As for the smilies, I think there would need to be two distinct ones so we are quite clear which is the c ap and which is the ferret.

By George ive got it it came to me in a Flash -- I WILL LEAVE MY LAPTOP AND PHONE AT HOME!!!!!:tiphat:

cainaries
07-09-2012, 00:22
By George ive got it it came to me in a Flash -- I WILL LEAVE MY LAPTOP AND PHONE AT HOME!!!!!:tiphat:
Probably best to leave everything and everyone at home. Travel like OH with a Tesco carrier bag with shaving kit, toothbrush and toothpaste and buy what you need at the destination. Works well apart from his stuffing his boots in my bag on top of my best carefully folded clothes!