PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone send postcards anymore?

candy2411
04-09-2012, 14:13
Just received a postcard from some friends in Portugal:)

was a lovely surprise in this age of e-mail, tweeting and facebook! and somehow more personal

Don't think I've sent one in years but its made me wonder if many still send them?

Malteser Monkey
04-09-2012, 14:17
I think it's a great tradition ! I always like looking for nice ones.

Usually send one to family and my office in work.

Ed3229
04-09-2012, 14:38
My kids send one to the nans and grandads when we are away.......They like to write what they have been doing.....:tiphat:

cjd01
04-09-2012, 15:48
I always send them to family and friends - part of the holiday!

marbro8
04-09-2012, 19:27
no we are alway's on the phone to them every night lol, last time we were over in tenerife my phone bill was £200, thank god they are coming with us in october it will save me a fortune:lol:

cainaries
04-09-2012, 19:31
We sometimes receive them and are always interested to see where people have been. But we never go anywhere so we don't send them, no.

slodgedad
04-09-2012, 20:14
Great tradition, sadly not being used so much anymore.

We always send them to family when we're away. Seems a lot more personal and thoughtful than a quick poke online

candy2411
04-09-2012, 20:26
I suppose lots of people must send them or at least buy them, I mean the shops are full of them.

Think I'll send a few when I'm next away especially to friends haven't seen in a while, I know how pleased I was to receive mine! Much nicer than an e mail or facebook message

slodgedad
04-09-2012, 20:35
I suppose lots of people must send them or at least buy them, I mean the shops are full of them.

Think I'll send a few when I'm next away especially to friends haven't seen in a while, I know how pleased I was to receive mine! Much nicer than an e mail or facebook message

I agree. Quick messages on the net seem to be dismissed almost immediately as there is often no thought behind them, but a good old postcard....Say no more

sandra
04-09-2012, 20:36
I only send them when i go somewhere exciting

Sandra xx

KirstyJay
04-09-2012, 20:38
My kids sent some to their mates last week.

warbey
04-09-2012, 20:44
Buy one for Yourself and date it

Efficient way to remember Holidays and when They were.

Always nice to get one through the Post, except Friends who had had Spanish Holidays usually arrived before the Card/s

That was Years ago though..

slodgedad
04-09-2012, 20:49
Buy one for Yourself and date it

Efficient way to remember Holidays and when They were.

Always nice to get one through the Post, except Friends who had had Spanish Holidays usually arrived before the Card/s

That was Years ago though..

That was half the fun then. Beating your cards home.:)

fesdie
04-09-2012, 21:12
I sent 4 today to people I know will really enjoy receiving them. My son received one here yesterday from his Auntie from Legoland and he loves it. :-)

minimadmandy
04-09-2012, 23:23
My daughter always sends them to her friends and they all love getting them. So much that. They have all started doing the same as well. We always send them to great grandparents because they have no email and love displaying them on the wall.

kingbaker
07-09-2012, 18:43
We sometimes receive them and are always interested to see where people have been. But we never go anywhere so we don't send them, no.

Why would you need to go anywhere Cainaries, you're already in Heaven!!!!!!!!! If I was there I'd never leave either :lol:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

:confused:
I agree. Quick messages on the net seem to be dismissed almost immediately as there is often no thought behind them, but a good old postcard....Say no more

Absolutely agree Slodgedad. By coincidence I spent a few hours this week, looking for postcards in Brumigumshire, to send to a friends kids. I couldn't

believe it ----I coUldn't find ANY AT ALL!!!!!! :confused:

LUCKY
11-09-2012, 14:18
Why would you need to go anywhere Cainaries, you're already in Heaven!!!!!!!!! If I was there I'd never leave either :lol:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

:confused:

Absolutely agree Slodgedad. By coincidence I spent a few hours this week, looking for postcards in Brumigumshire, to send to a friends kids. I couldn't

believe it ----I coUldn't find ANY AT ALL!!!!!! :confused: http://www.sportspages.com/football/football_postcards/football_teams/?search maybe that will help well at least a walk down memory lane

candy2411
11-09-2012, 20:51
Just sent a few postcards ,one to Portugal, another to Germany and then a couple to UK. Had no idea of cost of stamps so went to Post Office in Las Galletas.

They use a ticket system there and I had 20 people in front of me, waited 5 mins and queue hardly moved so gave up.

We were going to El Medano so called in the Post office there. Brand new looking building and no queue!

So stamps bought and postcards sent.

It'll just be interesting now to see which countries cards arrive first, assuming of course that they arrive at all!!;)