PDA

View Full Version : Translator with a passion for buying new cars required!

will a
04-09-2012, 17:15
We want to go to either San Isidro or Santa Cruz to buy a new Skoda Fabia but are a little worried about the Spanish! Neither of us are that bad at Spanish but we do want to get this right and car speak is a little too technical for us, after all you dont choose a new car every day!

Does anyone on here feel sufficiently good at Spanish to help us, we are happy to pay a reasonable price? We are in Amarilla Golf so someone nearby would be easiest.

It has to be next Thursday, the 13th!

mike in chayofa
04-09-2012, 17:34
Why don't you go to the Skoda website and go tthrouh the configuaration process a few times.

http://cc.skoda-auto.com/esp/pages/step1.aspx?configurationid=65211

The 'information' button will tell you what is included in each version.

If your Spanish isn't that good, at least you can take your time looking through a dictionary to find out what things mean.

Remember that your choice will be limited to what is actually available and not what should be available

KirstyJay
04-09-2012, 21:33
I bought a Skoda Fabia 4 years ago from Autos Cano Cano in San Isidro. Best car I've ever had!!!

mike in chayofa
04-09-2012, 21:35
I bought a Skoda Fabia 4 years ago from Autos Cano Cano in San Isidro. Best car I've ever had!!!

I thought that you told me that your turbo-charged broomstick was faster :laugh:

slodgedad
04-09-2012, 21:37
I thought that you told me that your turbo-charged broomstick was faster :laugh:

Shhhhh. That's supposed to be a secret

KirstyJay
04-09-2012, 21:40

Shhhhh. That's supposed to be a secret

Bog off you two :redcard:

Tom & Sharon
05-09-2012, 14:34
We want to go to either San Isidro or Santa Cruz to buy a new Skoda Fabia but are a little worried about the Spanish! Neither of us are that bad at Spanish but we do want to get this right and car speak is a little too technical for us, after all you dont choose a new car every day!

Does anyone on here feel sufficiently good at Spanish to help us, we are happy to pay a reasonable price? We are in Amarilla Golf so someone nearby would be easiest.

It has to be next Thursday, the 13th!

Will, I'm sure you'll find the sales staff speak sufficient English.

We have a Ford, but certainly all the sales staff are fluent in English. Why don't you suss it out first?

Tfe Translator
05-09-2012, 16:08
Hi Will I am a translator who can help you. I have pmīd you my phone number. Thanks