PDA

View Full Version : Other Lago Martianez in Puerto de la Cruz or Parque Maritimo César Manrique

xSOLx
09-09-2012, 11:26
Hi all, going on holiday in a few weeks time and was planning a trip to Puerto de la Cruz to visit Lago Martianez but ive just seen online there is something similar in Santa Cruz Parque Maritimo César Manrique... so i was wondering if anyone can recommend the better one?

Also, do you have to take food or is there somewhere to buy lunch/snacks thats not too overpriced.

I was also planning to visit El Monestario en Los Relajos on the same day as Lago Martianez, ive seen reviews that its beautiful, if i were to go around 6pm in the evening after Lago Martianez would that give me enough time to see things and still enjoy El Monestario and maybe have a nice dinner? Can anyone reccommed a place in El Monestario where you can eat local food at a good price?

Thanks in advance :)

junglejim
09-09-2012, 11:59
From what I have seen Puerto de la Cruz wins hands down ,can buy food inside or take your own.
Los Realejos - don´t know much about
link
http://www.todotenerife.es/es/article/show/599/puerto-de-la-cruz-10

chifleta
09-09-2012, 12:10
I'm going to visit the El Monasterio in November/December, going to spend a couple of nights in Puerto with my mum when she comes over, i'm going to pretend to be a tourist for a couple of days and visit the gardens in La Oratova.... i've been here a longggg time and never had a stroll round La Orotava...
Anyway, I found this link on the Monasterio: http://www.mydestination.com/tenerife/restaurants/12126/el-monasterio
I think if you go up about 6pm like you said, you'll have enough time for a bimble round whilst it's still light, then chose which of the variety of eating places you want to dine in.... let me know which you choose and opinion please :-) hehehe :cheeky:

xSOLx
09-09-2012, 15:45
Thanks for the links and advice Chifleta. I'm so excited to see El Monasterio and eat in one of the fab restaurants they all sound delicious lol!! I'm also going to go and visit La Orotava town and valley, I'll let u know how everything went! Have fun with your mum :)

chifleta
10-09-2012, 14:22
thanks, hope you have a lovely holiday, look forward to hearing how you get on :)

Megaloo
10-09-2012, 14:56
You will enjoy the Lago and the Monastario
We sometimes go for brunch lovely views and a few good Places to eat depending on what you like a very nice fish one.
Also if you have time a visit to Tito's a lovely tapas place set in pretty gardens.
I know Canarybird has some lovely photos. I will try to find a link

canarybird
10-09-2012, 18:03
Hi....just reading this now and will add a couple of links to my photos. The first is a slideshow of rather old photos taken up at El Monasterio, but you can see some of the restaurants and the ambiance.

El Monasterio slideshow. (http://www.pbase.com/canarybird/elmonasterio&view=slideshow)

And the next group of pictures is not of the Lido down at the seafront, but rather is of another...not to miss....garden restaurant, mentioned by Megaloo, called Tito's Bodeguita which is in the area called San Nicolas, between La Orotava and Puerto de la Cruz. Easy to reach by taxi. The food and the surroundings there are not to be missed, and it's not expensive. (Closed Sundays.) Worth phoning first to reserve a good table even for lunch. Number is in one of the photos.

Photos of Tito's Bodeguita (http://canarybird.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=18600955&AlbumKey=f55f89)

chifleta
10-09-2012, 21:28
Thanks for that Canarybird, omg the griddled cheese with salad and balsamic vinegar (in Titos) looked absolutely scrummy and the views from the Monesterio (mum will get a nice bit of vertigo)..... I was looking at a studio rental in a finca in the hills literally between La Oratava and the Monasterio (I reckon we could have walked to the Monasterio at least), but on the website it was a minimum 3 nights and me and mum are only staying for 2, as it's enough for the sightseeing we're going to do :) so we're going very cheep and probably no-so-cheerful in Puerto, not worth paying a fortune as we'll only be literally sleeping there :cheeky: mind you, I better pull my finger out and book something soon before there's no rooms left LOL