PDA

View Full Version : Tennis The US Open tennis thread

Angusjim
09-09-2012, 12:18
Hopefully every Brit ( yes even Tom & Sharon ) will be supporting Andy Murray a Gold Medalist from team GB to win the US Open

COME ON GET BEHIND ANDY MURRAY :jump2::c2::c2::mexicanwave:

cainaries
10-09-2012, 20:57
Good luck Andy.

Went to post on the will he win Wimbledon this year to find it closed. Perhaps when a mod closes a thread they could write a brief explanation about why they've closed it? I had already asked if it could be renamed since he didn't win Wimbledon in 2012. But why was it closed?

slodgedad
10-09-2012, 21:39
Good luck Andy.

Went to post on the will he win Wimbledon this year to find it closed. Perhaps when a mod closes a thread they could write a brief explanation about why they've closed it? I had already asked if it could be renamed since he didn't win Wimbledon in 2012. But why was it closed?

I closed the thread as it was complete. Wimbledon was finished. The US Open is another subject

Vortex Wake
10-09-2012, 22:17
What ever .............. can you wake me up if he wins - my number is 0891 landofnod

YOUNG GOLFER
10-09-2012, 23:00
Andy whoooooooooo??????
The 2nd best thing to come out of Scotland......the 1st is a Taxi:eyebrows::liar::hi::hello::bootyshake::fpull: :devil2::D:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bow down::bowdown::bowdown:

marbro8
10-09-2012, 23:07
Andy whoooooooooo??????
The 2nd best thing to come out of Scotland......the 1st is a Taxi:eyebrows::liar::hi::hello::bootyshake::fpull: :devil2::D:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bow down::bowdown::bowdown:so how has the scot,sorry brit, done;):eyebrows:

timmylish
11-09-2012, 02:04
CHAMPION OF THE US OPEN.
1st. BRIT SINCE GOD KNOWS WHEN 1930,S.
I TOLD YOU ALL LAST YEAR THE US WAS THE PLACE FOR HIM TO WIN HIS FIRST GRAND SLAM.

seanocelt
11-09-2012, 02:22
Well done Andy, maybe hard courts suit you, a HARD COACH (Lendl) does. Happy for him/them. (miserable sods though eh?)!!

timmylish
11-09-2012, 02:28
Strange eh?
Only you and me up to watch this sean?

seanocelt
11-09-2012, 02:41
Only wans admitting it...or sober enough to type.

Megaloo
11-09-2012, 02:43
I am here to :wave: I must say a very good match.

Dan747
11-09-2012, 02:54
What a match, never had such a nerve racking 5 hours watching the tv! So worth staying up for though!

TheBloke
11-09-2012, 03:29
Congratulations to Andy Murray for breaking his tennis masters cherry!!!

Maybe the **** will smile a bit now?

macdonald5
11-09-2012, 07:19
Very very well done andy !!!! Superb result

Oberon
11-09-2012, 08:16
I closed the thread as it was complete. Wimbledon was finished. The US Open is another subjectShame about that .... I wanted to pick a couple of posters in that thread and rub their noses in it.
They know who they are .....

dotty1
11-09-2012, 09:26
I stayed up until 2.30pm great match but I am shattered, well done Andy you deserved this.

junglejim
11-09-2012, 09:51
Brilliant game from both players, glad Andy has broken his duck with a Major -now let's see if he can push on !
Absolutely drained watching it ,need a rest !

candy2411
11-09-2012, 11:06
Congratulations Andy Murray!!:c2::c2:

What a year its been , Wimbledon finalist, Olympic Gold medal, and now U.S. Grand Slam Winner!

Well deserved, and let this be the start of a winning era. He already gets my vote for Sportsman of the Year for these fabulous achievements.

Special thanks to Ivan Lendl for giving Andy the belief he was a winner!:respect:

tonypub
11-09-2012, 11:17
i finally made some money out a scotch man.pub was packed........

golf birdie
11-09-2012, 11:23
he is now entitled to a full British passport:cheeky:

Ecky Thump
11-09-2012, 11:27
he is now entitled to a full British passport:cheeky:

You are so right.

Yesterday a "Scotsman", today "British"!!!:wink2:

Harmonicaman
11-09-2012, 17:42
:cheeky::doh::fpull:

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Capture-32.png

macdonald5
11-09-2012, 17:51
i finally made some money out a scotch man.pub was packed........

Come on Tony pub You know he is Scottish !! Scotch is whisky xx
He is a Scottish and British man

cainaries
11-09-2012, 18:19
Thanks for starting this thread, timmylish. By avoiding mention of any actual tennis match in the title, you may manage to keep it open.

What a nerve wracking experience it was to watch that match. I gave up and went to bed when he lost the 4th then turned on my ipad and saw he was 2-0 up in the fifth and had to get up again to watch the last set. What an achievement.

And should people be allowed to take a medical time-out at such a crucial stage. Used to be no-one took any time out at all for anything and I think that was better. Fitness is a big factor in a match like that.

melm
11-09-2012, 18:31
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didnt he do well . He certainly doesnt make it wasy for himself or for us watching.

The end result is the important one :hi::hi::hi:

slodgedad
11-09-2012, 22:47
Thanks for starting this thread, timmylish. By avoiding mention of any actual tennis match in the title, you may manage to keep it open.

What a nerve wracking experience it was to watch that match. I gave up and went to bed when he lost the 4th then turned on my ipad and saw he was 2-0 up in the fifth and had to get up again to watch the last set. What an achievement.

And should people be allowed to take a medical time-out at such a crucial stage. Used to be no-one took any time out at all for anything and I think that was better. Fitness is a big factor in a match like that.

I give in............

cainaries
11-09-2012, 22:47
Looks as though he celebrated in style ... which was good to see....

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/tramlines/revealed-andy-murray-bar-bill-us-open-win-155128115.html

Hope it's real and not a joker!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I give in............

Thanks! You are welcome to close the one I started yesterday about the US Open, please go ahead and shut it as everyone is on this one. Hope closing one down will make your day!

slodgedad
11-09-2012, 22:53
Looks as though he celebrated in style ... which was good to see....

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/tramlines/revealed-andy-murray-bar-bill-us-open-win-155128115.html

Hope it's real and not a joker!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks! You are welcome to close the one I started yesterday about the US Open, please go ahead and shut it as everyone is on this one. Hope closing one down will make your day!

Duh. I don't know why I bother.

Why not just leave it as a jungle and let it die like the others?

timmylish
12-09-2012, 02:35
Tom,
Its always a pleasure to see the inane efforts of an Englishman fall flat on ts face. Oh, so lovely to see!

Angusjim
12-09-2012, 07:19
Well done Andy Murray brilliant win . Where are all the posters who slagged him off for having no chance of winning a major !! a bottler !! get it up yea :fpull: this is the 1st of many majors for him and hopefully someone for youngsters to emulate and produce more future stars :c2::c2:

Angusjim
12-09-2012, 09:28
The boy done well:c2::c2::c2:

timmylish
12-09-2012, 22:35
Well done Andy Murray brilliant win . Where are all the posters who slagged him off for having no chance of winning a major !! a bottler !! get it up yea :fpull: this is the 1st of many majors for him and hopefully someone for youngsters to emulate and produce more future stars :c2::c2:

JJ. There seems to me to be a terrible inability of people on this Forum just to accept the fact that this lad has done wonderfully well to achieve what he has done during a period in Men,s top Tennis when the top 3 in the world are light years ahead of any group of players at any other time. Taken individually they would have run tennis for light years alone so to get to the level Murray has is unbelievable. Unfortunately humble pie seems to be a delicacy too sweet to swallow. Poor show all round really and I have to say that banter aside I am so disappointed by some of the members on here. I can understand people not enjoying tennis but they should leave any tennis threads alone.

YOUNG GOLFER
12-09-2012, 22:50
JJ. There seems to me to be a terrible inability of people on this Forum just to accept the fact that this lad has done wonderfully well to achieve what he has done during a period in Men,s top Tennis when the top 3 in the world are light years ahead of any group of players at any other time. Taken individually they would have run tennis for light years alone so to get to the level Murray has is unbelievable. Unfortunately humble pie seems to be a delicacy too sweet to swallow. Poor show all round really and I have to say that banter aside I am so disappointed by some of the members on here. I can understand people not enjoying tennis but they should leave any tennis threads alone.

Well i like a bit of banter like the rest of us and yes he is Scotish but no ones perfect...........but when i have time which is very rare i love watching the lad play............ he has got better and better over the last year or two and I hope he can lift the title one day at Wimbledon and many more gran slams. But you have to remember not everyone has to agree with you if they don't like him.

timmylish
13-09-2012, 03:05
YG. I concur entirely in respect of most of your comments but I still maintain that just because you don,t like someone, and we all have people who fall into category, nevertheless are able to acknowledge ability and success. These are the very two points Brits fall down on when other countries just enjoy success and be happy with all that brings.