PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any experience of 'Official Taxi Tenerife' for airport transfers?

tomo1340
10-09-2012, 11:12
Hello,

This is my first post. I have been searching the forum for an answer but I wonder if anyone could offer first hand experience.

Some of my family are returning to visit Tenerife next month, I have offered to sort out airport transport for them.

I have come across http://http://officialtaxitenerife.com/index.cfm?idioma=eng (http://officialtaxitenerife.com/index.cfm?idioma=eng) who seem very reasonable price wise and have been very helpful and prompt when I have emailed them for further information.

Has anyone used these before?

Cheers

canarybird
10-09-2012, 18:28
I fly out and back from Tenerife North and use the normal taxi service which is at the arrivals door, where a short lineup is controlled by a taxi monitor to make sure nobody jumps the queue. The wait for a taxi has never been more than 5 minutes. No need to book ahead. I found the price quoted on that website higher than what I've paid. For one person with luggage it's been 25 to 30 Euros into the La Paz area of Puerto de la Cruz. Last time I used these taxis was just over a week ago. Of course it may be more depending in what part of Puerto de la Cruz you want to go to.

Sorry....I read you were checking out Tenerife North! Maybe you meant the south. Must be more careful next time.

marbro8
10-09-2012, 18:35
have a look at blueskytransfers, we have used them before they have an address in birmingham and an office in fanabe they are very reasonable and reliable

tomo1340
10-09-2012, 18:58
Many thanks, there are 7 of them. Last time when I went with them it was arranged through a friend who decided to charge more than they originally quoted.

official taxi are cheaper and appear to have an office at TFS, they have said I can book via email and pay on arrival, which means if there are any problems they haven't lost their money. I've checked Blue Sky for for them but they are more expensive. I was hoping someone had used them first hand. I guess if it goes wrong they can still jump in a taxi.

Thanks for the responses.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

ry....I read you were checking out Tenerife North! Maybe you meant the south. Must be more careful next time.

sorry, I should have specified I meant Tenerife South.

marbro8
10-09-2012, 19:21
[QUOTE=tomo1340;214738]Many thanks, there are 7 of them. Last time when I went with them it was arranged through a friend who decided to charge more than they originally quoted.

official taxi are cheaper and appear to have an office at TFS, they have said I can book via email and pay on arrival, which means if there are any problems they haven't lost their money. I've checked Blue Sky for for them but they are more expensive. I was hoping someone had used them first hand. I guess if it goes wrong they can still jump in a taxi.

Thanks for the responses.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -taxis at the airport are very reasonable we have used them but it's a bit hit and miss what sort of a driver you get, it puts a bit of a dampner on your hols if you get a care in the community driver like the one we got at siam park back to compostela beach, my niece is disabled and using one of those motorised scooters so we had to get a special cab, and the driver took it on himself to drive like alonso, throwing my niece from side to side on her scooter and no amount of shouting could stop him:angry:

tomo1340
11-09-2012, 00:02
Last month we took a taxi from Los Cristianos to Adeje. The driver was so keen on driving with no seatbelt, he had a spare cut off buckle to place in the stalk to stop the annoying beep to remind him to fasten up.

The thing is, he really could do with a working seat belt. He clipped a kerb twice, and nearly run into the back of someone.

carpenter
11-09-2012, 00:45
How many PM's have you got offering to pick you up ;)

tomo1340
11-09-2012, 09:04

None, perhaps I am just not popular enough, and to be fair I would politely decline.

minimadmandy
11-09-2012, 17:55
Hi we have booked with transfers4u.com (owned by Thomas Cook) and have paid before we arrive. It gives you a choice of taxi or minibus. we have opted for a minibus and have been very pleased with the service on several occasions. Example prices: 3 people from South Airport to Los Cris £20.76 (return price for 3 people, not each) on minibus and £43.10 for a taxi return. They use local agents who are waiting for you outside arrivals.

slodgedad
11-09-2012, 22:37

Not everyone has as cynical mind as you on here.

tomo1340
13-09-2012, 09:33
I've booked Official Taxi Tenerife for them. They have an office in arrivals and you just present there when you arrive.

I'll report back how well they did when they get back.

tomo1340
26-10-2012, 19:47
Having used Official Taxi Tenerife I can say I highly rate them.
We arrived at their desk in arrivals, we all received a bottle of water and were guided out to a taxi rank where a mini bus appeared and our gear was loaded. We were taken to the accommodation and helped off with the luggage.

On pick up they were here early and helped withe the luggage, to the point that the driver sprinted over to my wife and prevented her from obtaining a luggage trolley, insisting it was his job and it was part of the service.

The drivers were safe and friendly, the vehicles were well kept and efficient and the staff at the airport were very helpful.

marbro8
26-10-2012, 20:02
we found a fantastic taxi driver just up the hill by port royal, he lived in manchester for a few years and his wife is english, he can translate for you if you need him to and he even took a detour for my sis and brother in law on the way to the airport to show them the cars that they are using for the new film fast and furious 6 with vin deisel, all for 20 euros, we gave our driver 25 euros and he tried to give us 5 back bless him, he didn't understand we where giving him a 5 euro tip because we where so pleased with the service :laugh: