PDA

View Full Version : HOME Needed! Loving Rottweiler seeks forever home

carpenter
11-09-2012, 16:44
Several months ago people may remember the sad story of forum member Droops and the urgent re-homing of her 3 dogs.

George the Rottweiler was first to go to a loving family that already had another Rottie that they had brought with them from Sweden and another mixed breed that they rescued from this island.

Sadly after months of patiently hoping for a change and working with all their pets it has become evident that George will not settle in their home.
It seems that he has a problem with other dogs and the situation cannot be allowed to continue.
He has settled with their mix breed bitch but there has been moments of aggression with their neighbours German Shepherd bitch.

They cannot fault George in any other way, calling him a gentle giant who's affection is heartbreaking but a new more suitable home must be found.

George is castrated and is looking for a permanent home with someone who has the space and time to look after him. I think (can check of course) he is two years old and it has been told to me that he is good with kids but I cannot guarantee this. It now seems as though it will have to be a home with no other pets.
Please contact me via PM if you can help.

For some reason I can't upload or set a URL in place to show his picture. Someone help please

Suej
11-09-2012, 16:48
Awww! that's really sad news carpenter! They certainly have given him plenty of time to adjust! Good luck to George I hope he goes to a good home! At least the current owners tried their best!

carpenter
11-09-2012, 16:55
Thanks Sue, at least there isn't the urgency this time (not yet at least) They really have tried their best but just don't think that keeping the dogs separated at most times is fair to anyone.

He really is a lovely dog but some dogs just don't like other dogs. It's a dog thing :)

Tom & Sharon
11-09-2012, 22:50
So sad, but I did comment at the time.

Rotties are the most beautiful dogs, but they are not for everyone or every situation. They need careful and knowledgeable handling.

Please don't let this lovely dog go to just anyone. Anyone out there who is interested, please don't consider taking him on unless you know what you are doing. He will already be confused enough!

Angusjim
12-09-2012, 10:49
So sad, but I did comment at the time.

Rotties are the most beautiful dogs, but they are not for everyone or every situation. They need careful and knowledgeable handling.

Please don't let this lovely dog go to just anyone. Anyone out there who is interested, please don't consider taking him on unless you know what you are doing. He will already be confused enough!

Sharon

When I saw the heading for this thread I thought about you don't know why :whistle::hello::cheeky:

Suej
12-09-2012, 11:04
If it wasn't for the couple who gave George a new home he could have gone straight to a refuge! Better that someone has tried with him and given him a chance of happiness than not at all and all that! :respect:

Tom & Sharon
12-09-2012, 11:12
If it wasn't for the couple who gave George a new home he could have gone straight to a refuge! Better that someone has tried with him and given him a chance of happiness than not at all and all that! :respect:

True Sue, but it's still a shame for the dog. Rotties just want to be loved, and if he will be on his 3rd home before he is 2, it needs to be his forever home this time. All I'm saying is, don't let the same thing happen again, for his sake.

I know I've said it before a million times, but I'm going to say it again anyway - Rotties are not a dog for everyone.

carpenter
12-09-2012, 14:59
But they already had a Rottie? Rotties are for them. They have Rottie rosettes, Rottie statues Rottie car stickers, beware Rottie lives here house plaques. In short they are Rottie mad!

It's just there is an element of conflict

Thanks Sue again, George would have been in a refuge if it wasn't for these people and if he ended up somewhere like "you know where" then he'd never stand a chance of being re-homed.

So can we please put less effort into the told you so's and more effort into the finding George a good loving forever home.

Myself and my wife have personally re homed over 30 dogs on this island and in each case we have interviewed each potential owner and occasionally having to refuse them ownership due to something not being "right"
But in this situation, although not a personal re homing this Rottie could not have been better suited. He went to a couple that have a strong relationship, they live high in the mountains with plenty of land around them, they already had experience with rottweilers, they were both strong, had good discipline over their dogs. I couldn't fault them and in my opinion they are making a hard but correct decision (not a hasty one) in trying to find George a more compatible home.

Tom & Sharon
12-09-2012, 15:46
But they already had a Rottie? Rotties are for them. They have Rottie rosettes, Rottie statues Rottie car stickers, beware Rottie lives here house plaques. In short they are Rottie mad!

It's just there is an element of conflict

Thanks Sue again, George would have been in a refuge if it wasn't for these people and if he ended up somewhere like "you know where" then he'd never stand a chance of being re-homed.

So can we please put less effort into the told you so's and more effort into the finding George a good loving forever home.

Myself and my wife have personally re homed over 30 dogs on this island and in each case we have interviewed each potential owner and occasionally having to refuse them ownership due to something not being "right"
But in this situation, although not a personal re homing this Rottie could not have been better suited. He went to a couple that have a strong relationship, they live high in the mountains with plenty of land around them, they already had experience with rottweilers, they were both strong, had good discipline over their dogs. I couldn't fault them and in my opinion they are making a hard but correct decision (not a hasty one) in trying to find George a more compatible home.

That's all fine, and it wasn't really an "I told you so". More of an appeal for people who aren't 100% sure that they can handle a rottie, and give him a forever home, not to think they can. A dog is for life and all that..................................

Suej
12-09-2012, 16:09
That's all fine, and it wasn't really an "I told you so". More of an appeal for people who aren't 100% sure that they can handle a rottie, and give him a forever home, not to think they can. A dog is for life and all that..................................

Great sentiment Sharon!.... if only the world was perfect! but it's more a case of "A dog is for how long it suits me for!" :(

Pets@Home
13-09-2012, 23:07
Sorry folks but have to agree totally with Carpenter. I took the other 2 dogs away to get rehomed, and found them each a loving home with loving familys. I am in contact with both owners, and they are very happy indeed.
I went to pick up George to be done, and have to say, he couldnt have asked for a better home, with these people. Yes they are Rottie mad, and have all the signs etc and have Rotties themselves, so def not thru lack of trying, it was hard when I went round and he hadnt been there for very long, so she def gave it a long length of time to try and work George in with her other dogs.
He is a Magnificent specimen and a very handsome dog indeed.

Yes u have to know the breed to own one, have one staying with me at the moment for boarding and she is a pure pussycat.

Carpenter, if u could send me a pic via email, I will put it on my fb page, I get good results, just rehomed 2 cats today, and 5 dogs last month, so u never know.

Will p/m you my email address now x