PDA

View Full Version : What is your preference - Hard or Soft, Milk or Plain?

Zara
17-06-2011, 10:28
I got a lift to the airport from a friend and as it is insulting to offer petrol money I want to still say thank you so will be buying her some nice chocolates.

I know she likes Thornton's milk chocolate soft centres. I love dark chocolate, soft centres :love: and OH likes milk hard centres. If I was buying for you what would be your favourite?

with cheese
17-06-2011, 10:32
Hotel Chocolat, any but chilli are great, you will get the stale ones I bought out for you last time when I come out in October.
Nah, might get some fresh ones.

Malteser Monkey
17-06-2011, 10:35
Urmmmmmmmmm I know Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmm:doh:

Pooh
17-06-2011, 10:39
Not fond of chocolate at all, really... :o

Malteser Monkey
17-06-2011, 10:44
Good all the more for me !

onelegnofeet
17-06-2011, 10:45
Whats Chocolate ................................................

tizzywizzy
17-06-2011, 11:18
I like milk and plain. Do not like soft centres but love nutty ones.

Jackie
17-06-2011, 11:23
If it was a box of Chocolates it would be milk chocolate with hard toffee or nutty/crunchie centres. Can't stand Thorntons or Liquers etc. to poncy for me, just good old normal chcocolate and nothing else ;)

If it was one of those GIANT bars of Cadbury's that you used to be able to buy in Woolworths it would be Milk Chocolate or Fruit and Nut, or Toblerone or Wholenut or Galaxy or Caramac or Mars bars or Twix or........:lol::lol:

moonlighter
17-06-2011, 11:26
Absolutely any for me :hungry::hungry:

Malteser Monkey
17-06-2011, 11:30
If it was a box of Chocolates it would be milk chocolate with hard toffee or nutty/crunchie centres. Can't stand Thorntons or Liquers etc. to poncy for me, just good old normal chcocolate and nothing else ;)

If it was one of those GIANT bars of Cadbury's that you used to be able to buy in Woolworths it would be Milk Chocolate or Fruit and Nut, or Toblerone or Wholenut or Galaxy or Caramac or Mars bars or Twix or........:lol::lol:

Nestle Crunch yum

Jackie
17-06-2011, 11:33
Nestle Crunch yum

Yep that as well ;) I could have been here all day naming my 'favourite' chocolate bars but then I would just be tormenting myself seeing as I don't have any in the house:lol::lol:

Malteser Monkey
17-06-2011, 11:39
Yep that as well ;) I could have been here all day naming my 'favourite' chocolate bars but then I would just be tormenting myself seeing as I don't have any in the house:lol::lol:

I prefer Galaxy to cadbury's it's creamier. and those Galaxy smooth with biscuit is enough to give a girl a..................pleasant warm kinda feelin':p:crazy:

Zara
17-06-2011, 11:59

We gathered that Tizzy - you married him :doh:

Tinkabel
17-06-2011, 12:54
Hard and Dark for me.............;)

moonlighter
17-06-2011, 13:07
We still talking about chocolate?? :p:p

Malteser Monkey
17-06-2011, 13:08
so who's a soft and light person then

LindaD
17-06-2011, 13:30
so who's a soft and light person then

I'm an any sort of person MM - thats why I hate getting chocs!! Don't know about the rest of you, but who can just eat one or two and put the box away? I certainly can't - I get to the stage where I just about make myself sick. I'm glad I don't smoke - what kind of willpower have I??

Malteser Monkey
17-06-2011, 13:34
Ohh I'm the same with wine, thank fully I can't drink wine and eat chocolate at the same time !

LindaD
17-06-2011, 13:48
Ohh I'm the same with wine, thank fully I can't drink wine and eat chocolate at the same time !

Careful MM - this may be misconstrued as a "boring housewife/househusband" conversation if SGB looks at this!!!! Now come on lets think about something intelligent to say about chocolates, e.g. do you believe that you should only be eating chocs from suppliers that are part of the Fair Trade scheme?:eyebrows::crazy:

with cheese
17-06-2011, 13:49

That's obvious............

I prefer Galaxy to cadbury's it's creamier. and those Galaxy smooth with biscuit is enough to give a girl a..................pleasant warm kinda feelin':p:crazy:

How rude.....................

cainaries
17-06-2011, 13:51
Don't you eat Maltesers for heaven's sake?

LindaD
17-06-2011, 13:53
Don't you eat Maltesers for heaven's sake?

Yea - she just drops them in her glass of wine!!!!!:crazy:

cainaries
17-06-2011, 13:55
Careful MM - this may be misconstrued as a "boring housewife/househusband" conversation if SGB looks at this!!!! Now come on lets think about something intelligent to say about chocolates, e.g. do you believe that you should only be eating chocs from suppliers that are part of the Fair Trade scheme?:eyebrows::crazy:
And please support local producers by buying a chocolate called La Legalidad which I'm told is made in Tenerife. The label is a bit confusing but says it's in a place called Icod de los Vinos - wine and chocolate together there then.

scoregolfbob
17-06-2011, 14:24
hello lindad, good to see that you and the rest are trying to improve the forum, i am eating at this moment some cadbury bornville old jamaican which was sent to me this week for my birthday, it is lovely, but hey so are malteasers

onelegnofeet
17-06-2011, 14:31
I like YORKIES ..............Cos they are THICK ( now waiting for REGGIES reply:eyebrows::lol:)

Added after 37 minutes:

i am eating at this moment some cadbury bornville old jamaican which was sent to me this week for my birthday, it is lovely, but hey so are malteasers

I hate SMALLGEEZERS ..........................

Zara
17-06-2011, 15:32
hello lindad, good to see that you and the rest are trying to improve the forum, i am eating at this moment some cadbury bornville old jamaican which was sent to me this week for my birthday, it is lovely, but hey so are malteasers

At least we now know at what level intelligent posting starts. :crylaughing: For a while there I thought we would be discussing quantum physics

LindaD
17-06-2011, 18:42
At least we now know at what level intelligent posting starts. :crylaughing: For a while there I thought we would be discussing quantum physics

Yes Zara I can have intelligent conversations all day long about chocolate - NOT, would rather eat it :-{ - quantum physics pfft -a walk in the park:lol:

sunspot
17-06-2011, 18:48
I love all Chocolate,dark,milk,soft,hard,Rabbit shapes,heart shaped even no shape at all..................lovely

with cheese
17-06-2011, 19:15
Anyone been to Cadbury World, the choc tastes so much nicer fresh. At the end you get some liquid choc.
If you ask you can usually get a pass to the staff shop. The staff shop has all kinds of choc and sweets really cheap.
Wait for Marbs now as he lives near there and probably has a season ticket.

Anyway chocolate is a boring subject, bored bored bored, what is your favourite jellybean?

sunspot
17-06-2011, 19:18
Sounds heavenly..................

henry
17-06-2011, 19:38
i allways like white chocolate

Zara
17-06-2011, 19:55
I went to Cadbury World many years ago and it was good, you could buy those out of shape chocies.

Jelly Bellys cream soda, juicy pear, strawberry cheesecake yum

hedgehog
17-06-2011, 20:19
Cadbury World, yummy, no need for gps - just wind down the window, you can smell the place from about a mile away. My favourite bit (apart from the shop and cafe) has to be the chocolate taps...why oh why can they not install one in my kitchen!

warbey
17-06-2011, 20:24
Bourneville Zara.. trouble is its Pricey against a Dark Chocolate from Aldi. Ive just pigged out on 8 portions.
I also like Dark Chocolate wholemeal Biscuits or Milk Fingers.
Years ago Cadburys did an Almond Dessert which was thin slices with Almond.
Anyone remember..?

with cheese
17-06-2011, 20:25
None of us are as old as you Warbs

warbey
17-06-2011, 20:29
None of us are as old as you Warbs

Dont tell that fella or I'll be Leader o the Clique

hedgehog
17-06-2011, 20:31
There is a really nice (and cheap) white chocolate bar with little strawberry pieces in Lidl, tastes just like those white chocolate cream filled skulls you used to get from the newsagents (a few) years ago!

doreen
17-06-2011, 21:19
Who has tried Ardelis - Belgian chocolates on sale in a kiosk in Gran Sur ... I treat myself to a few every weekend ... stunning quality (none of your vegetable oil of UK chocs)

with cheese
17-06-2011, 21:23
Spoilt in Brighton Google map, Duke Street Brighton and have a look at both sides of the street with the gold man.

Zara
17-06-2011, 21:23
Who has tried Ardelis - Belgian chocolates on sale in a kiosk in Gran Sur ... I treat myself to a few every weekend ... stunning quality (none of your vegetable oil of UK chocs)

Me me me They are gorgeous. My friend Simona got me a box for my birthday and treated herself to just 3. Three I wouldnt know what to choose and they cost a fortune. I scoffed the box almost in one go but they were worth it. :hungry::hungry:

hedgehog
17-06-2011, 21:24

Tried them once but not that impressed considering the price - prefer a box of Thorntons from Iceland if I want a treat.

with cheese
17-06-2011, 21:26
HOTEL CHOCOLAT every time, even better then choccywokky do dah day

Harmonicaman
17-06-2011, 21:27
I'm sitting here scoffing a whole packet of Galaxy Minstrels just now...

sunspot
17-06-2011, 21:28
Thorntons Continental are pretty amazing

with cheese
17-06-2011, 21:31
How Greedy Cam..............................save the last one for someone special. Yeah it should be rolo.

debi
17-06-2011, 21:33

oooooo Caramac mmmm Lovely:love::love::love:

Harmonicaman
17-06-2011, 21:35
How Greedy Cam..............................save the last one for someone special. Yeah it should be rolo.
I gave Trish one, kev. Fairs fair innit?

sunspot
17-06-2011, 21:35

I hope you sucking them, they last sooooooo much longer

Harmonicaman
17-06-2011, 21:38
I hope you sucking them, they last sooooooo much longer
I can't...I've got to crunch them right away!

bonitatime
17-06-2011, 21:45
Anything as long as it doesn't have fruit in it.

with cheese
17-06-2011, 21:49
I gave Trish one, kev. Fairs fair innit?

I think that is probably off topic Cam, this is about Chocolate mate.

LindaD
17-06-2011, 21:54
All this talk of chocolate makes me think back to my school days when we had things like Monster Bars, McGowans Toffee (which we called coo toffee) sherbet dips, lucky potatoes, lucky bags, etc etc - anyone else remember some of their school day sweets?

with cheese
17-06-2011, 22:08
Giant Humbugs.

lesbroz
17-06-2011, 22:11
potato puffs

MaxineC
17-06-2011, 22:13
We're definitely seperated at birth.... dark chocolate and soft centres for me ( and it's my birthday next month :whistle:)

Jackie
17-06-2011, 22:15
We're definitely seperated at birth.... dark chocolate and soft centres for me ( and it's my birthday next month :whistle:)

cough cough, mine too :)

MaxineC
17-06-2011, 22:21

Wonderful.... spent lots with them!! :D

Last year, when i had to have my 2nd op, I had to go in on easter sunday. One of my good friends bought me a 3 Ardelis bunny, baby bunny & eggs gift package.... I wasn't allowed to eat them for 8 weeks!!! Absolute torture, but so wonderful when I could!

doreen
17-06-2011, 22:23

Last year, when i had to have my 2nd op, I had to go in on easter sunday. One of my good friends bought me a 3 Ardelis bunny, baby bunny & eggs gift package.... I wasn't allowed to eat them for 8 weeks!!! Absolute torture, but so wonderful when I could!

They will have to move from the kiosk soon ... hoping they manage to open elsewhere .(

reggie
17-06-2011, 22:25

Your just saying that, to wind me up, I hate you, and i hope you choke on a coffee one

MaxineC
17-06-2011, 22:27
Your just saying that, to wind me up, I hate you, and i hope you choke on a coffee one

Yuk, coffee flavoured sweets... :(please image puking smiley here! >> )

reggie
17-06-2011, 22:29

How anyone could have a soft centre with you around beats me, If it aint hard it aint worth a f--k. :devil:

Jackie
17-06-2011, 22:29

Think your confusing Minstrels with Revels. Minstrels are all chocolate and any real chocolate eater would know that:lol::lol:

reggie
17-06-2011, 22:31

Tell us about your opp maxine, are we talking implants ? or a few well placed stitches ?. come on spill

Added after 3 minutes:

Think your confusing Minstrels with Revels. Minstrels are all chocolate and any real chocolate eater would know that:lol::lol:

Well im not allowed any, at all , ever again in all this world, so it dosnt really matter what they are called, because i cant and never will be able to scoff a full bag of any bl--dy chocolate, ever again, not that it bothers me,

MaxineC
17-06-2011, 22:47
How anyone could have a soft centre with you around beats me, If it aint hard it aint worth a f--k. :devil:

I was referring to what I liked in my mouth.... dark & soft all the way!! :whistle:

Tell us about your opp maxine, are we talking implants ? or a few well placed stitches ?. come on spill

Added after 3 minutes:

Well im not allowed any, at all , ever again in all this world, so it dosnt really matter what they are called, because i cant and never will be able to scoff a full bag of any bl--dy chocolate, ever again, not that it bothers me,

Pffffft! I wish it had been cosmetic Reg, sadly, it was all pretty traumatic and anxt ridden :(

reggie
17-06-2011, 22:53
I was referring to what I liked in my mouth.... dark & soft all the way!! :whistle:

Pffffft! I wish it had been cosmetic Reg, sadly, it was all pretty traumatic and anxt ridden :(

Ive done traumatic, were still here, never ridden an anxt tho, one day maybe, still saving for a pair of donkeys

LindaD
17-06-2011, 22:55
Ive done traumatic, were still here, never ridden an anxt tho, one day maybe, still saving for a pair of donkeys

Reggie you are awful - but I like you :eyebrows::lol:

MaxineC
17-06-2011, 22:56

I saw a donkey dressed as a milk maid, on a long bouncy spring today.... made me think of you! #random :D

with cheese
17-06-2011, 23:01

Didn't realise you couldn't eat chocolate after a sex change:eyebrows:

MaxineC
17-06-2011, 23:04
Didn't realise you couldn't eat chocolate after a sex change:eyebrows:

****...! :D

with cheese
17-06-2011, 23:06
Bet you have ridden a few Donks tho.

Zara
17-06-2011, 23:06
OH doesn´t do dancing so I have to take my 'other' dance partner with me he loves Dire Straits Rockin all over the World. Come on sing it, see how he keeps in time to the music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfCDnnn0Dn8

with cheese
17-06-2011, 23:07
****...! :D

Is that a new bar, never heard of that one Max, nice to eat is it.

LindaD
17-06-2011, 23:08

Come on now folks - play nicely!!!!!:hit:

with cheese
17-06-2011, 23:10
OH doesn´t do dancing so I have to take my 'other' dance partner with me he loves Dire Straits Rockin all over the World. Come on sing it, see how he keeps in time to the music

Reggie will be back soon, just come over all wierd.

Added after 2 minutes:

Come on now folks - play nicely!!!!!:hit:
This is nice play Linda, what we were saying about having fun and being as though it is a chocolate thread you can' e off TOPIC.

reggie
17-06-2011, 23:20

Not since childhood, lad i knocked about with at school was a right loon, we swiped a horse one lunch time, and took it in the local shop, horses dont like shops, it started kicking and rearing up, so we legged it back to school, well the shop was closed for weeks having a refurb, could never go in that shop again, anyway its now an insurance agency, i was in there recently, and the guy said what you smiling about, i said aw nothing,

MaxineC
17-06-2011, 23:21

I used to have one of these dancing donkeys! If you look in my fb albums Zara, you will see a pic of me, Roscoe and Tenerifefunky dancing with him... He went off to a new home with Kirstys daughters when he lost the use of his legs!! :D:D

(I was referring to the donkey, not Roscoe, when talking about the loss of leg usage! :D)

Is that a new bar, never heard of that one Max, nice to eat is it.

Yeah, I believe it's one of jimandsi's.... :D

with cheese
17-06-2011, 23:24
So Oneleg is now living with Kirsty, I wanna see this.

onelegnofeet
18-06-2011, 07:12
So Oneleg is now living with Kirsty, I wanna see this.

OH no hes F...ing not !!!

I like those chocolate bars with a Hazel nut in every bite ......................no not squirrel s..t ,WCheese !!!

Zara
18-06-2011, 09:23
I used to have one of these dancing donkeys! If you look in my fb albums Zara, you will see a pic of me, Roscoe and Tenerifefunky dancing with him... :D)

You're as daft as me :crazy: My friend called her's Rossi and made him an OBE that he wore when he went boogieing !! By comparison it made me feel 'normal' . The push button went on mine so he doesn´t dance any more - nothings made to last :(

DOREEN QUINN
18-06-2011, 12:22
Toblerone and Thorntons Continentals, especially Alpinis for me.

with cheese
18-06-2011, 13:23
OH no hes F...ing not !!!

I like those chocolate bars with a Hazel nut in every bite ......................no not squirrel s..t ,WCheese !!!

Off Topic.................

Jackie
18-06-2011, 13:50
Off Topic.................

My daughters new Canarian boyfriend came to our house for the first time yesterday and I do like to wind them up a bit. I told him that if he wants to visit my house again he has to bring me chocolate. He arrived this morning with a nice big bar of chocolate for me that is now sitting in the fridge for later :lol::lol:

gary d
18-06-2011, 13:52
i dont really like chocolate so i would like cold hard cash

splendy
22-06-2011, 15:34
They will have to move from the kiosk soon ... hoping they manage to open elsewhere .(

I asked to Ardelis chocolates if it was true that they leave out the Gran Sur. And they answered me that they remain in the Gran Sur.

Pink shoes
23-06-2011, 09:50
I like Quality Street ata Christmas

We as a family tend not to buy too many chocolates. I said no chocs on Mothers day and we did not buy any chocolate Easter eggs.