tonypub
29-05-2011, 21:10
what do you think of it? http://www.siampark.net/en/

Harmonicaman
29-05-2011, 21:10
Bit damp innit...

Red Devil
30-05-2011, 16:38
Absolutely loved it and it doesn't get the publicity it deserves by travel agencies etc (outside of Tenerife) as it is an outstanding attraction.
The beach and wave machine is mesmerising, food in cafe is pretty damn good and the different rides are brilliant, well worth the entrance fee for a good day out. It's amazing how it is designed on such a compact area, everything is within easy reach of each other.
The lazy river is good but don't be deceived by the slow moving track thingy that takes you to a higher level, even that drops back down at quite a speed (I am a big scaredy cat though)
Only thing I didnt like was having to walk to all the rides in just your cossie, yes there are lockers or your sunbed but you still have to walk from them and leave your beach towel or whatever behind.

tonypub
30-05-2011, 16:41
i think its worth a visit for the older people who dont do the rides,just to witness the overall excellence of the place.its a nice place to just lie back and relax and check out the gardens.10/10 from me

Zara
30-05-2011, 17:01
Siam Park (http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/2011/04/09/siam-park-costa-adeje-tenerife/) Sorry guys you must know by now I have a view on almost everything :p

doreen
30-05-2011, 17:13
What are Residents' Prices like - any deals ?

tonypub
30-05-2011, 17:14
What are Residents' Prices like - any deals ?
not sure but i think its 100euro for the whole year.bargain

YOUNG GOLFER
30-05-2011, 17:22
not sure but i think its 100euro for the whole year.bargain

I thought that was just in the Winter Tony....could be wrong.

tonypub
30-05-2011, 17:23
I thought that was just in the Winter Tony....could be wrong.if its just winter,still a bargain,imo

Jackie
30-05-2011, 17:33
Prices for Siam Park Annual Ticket is 99 euros Adult and 66 euro 3 - 11 year olds, it is as it say Annual

Residents day tickets have also gone down from 25 euros to 19.50 adults and 13.50 kids normal price for these are 32 euros adult and 21 euro kids. Proof of residency is the A4 green paper or card and also your passport. All info on various ticket prices here
http://www.siampark.net/en/BuyTickets.aspx

HUFC
15-06-2011, 18:41
Absolutely Loved Siam Park, and we will be spending the day there on the Wifes 50th birthday when we are over in November.
Being big kids, we will be on all the rides, even The Tower of Power (although to be fair, thought it was the poorest of the rides there!). Bought tickets on-line in uk last year, as with exchange rate worked out cheaper, and saved having to queue up twice, as last year people had to queue up to buy tickets, then join another queue to enter the park. Cant wait to get back there, although wifey, isnt looking forward the big 5-0-!!:eyebrows:

mini--c
15-06-2011, 19:31
is it worth buying them in any the tour shops over there or hotel etc?

tracey
15-06-2011, 19:54
The tour shops for sure.
The hotels hike up the prices and its more expensive if you buy at the gate

Jackie
15-06-2011, 20:48
The tour shops for sure.
The hotels hike up the prices and its more expensive if you buy at the gate

I read on another thread that Siam Park are stopping the Tour Shops selling them at the cheaper prices than they actually sell them on the gate ???

wen53
16-06-2011, 01:52
Which day is the best to visit Siam Park? I mean what day is it least busy?
Change over day has been mentioned to me but I don't know which days they are :doh:

slodgedad
16-06-2011, 02:16
Which day is the best to visit Siam Park? I mean what day is it least busy?
Change over day has been mentioned to me but I don't know which days they are :doh:

Changeover days are generally Tuesday and Friday.

Have you tried Forum member Uptown Girl (http://www.tenerifesunshine.com/)

sam & dan
16-06-2011, 11:01
Fantastic place, agree tho they dont give it the publicity it deserves and the website in my opinon is pretty poor considering could have a bit more of the wow factor!!!!

Topacciolo
20-06-2011, 21:14
Fun fun fun!!!!

Topacciolo

hedgehog
20-06-2011, 21:27
Love it, something for everyone but can be tricky if you have kids who are different heights - spent a lot of time waiting for the older one to go on a ride with one adult while the other waited with the younger one and then vice versa, still a lot of fun though, the dragon was awesome...even on my own :cry:

wen53
22-06-2011, 03:14
Changeover days are generally Tuesday and Friday.

Have you tried Forum member Uptown Girl (http://www.tenerifesunshine.com/)
Thanks but I don't think they do tickets for Siam Park.

Has anyone ever used Attractiontix?

El Rico PL
22-06-2011, 17:32
Why the prices for residents are lower than for the others? In my opinion it looks like some kind of discrimination?

Topacciolo
22-06-2011, 17:36
Why the prices for residents are lower than for the others? In my opinion it looks like some kind of discrimination?

See it as a discount for resident.... I hope there were dbl prices in London..... Locals should pay transport less then tourists....

Topacciolo

A.P.&.S.S
22-06-2011, 17:46

The joys of being Resident!! also Cheeeeeep flights (aprox 50% discount) :cheers:

slodgedad
22-06-2011, 17:51
The joys of being Resident!! also Cheeeeeep flights (aprox 50% discount) :cheers:

Not international ones though, unfortunately..

A.P.&.S.S
22-06-2011, 17:55
Not international ones though, unfortunately..

Very true, forgot to add that bit, but hey Mr Oleary is still Cheap enough.....ok I shall get my coat and run now before another airline war is started?! :whistle::crylaughing:

Topacciolo
22-06-2011, 17:58

I can't wait to call myself a resident!!! And not for cheap prices.... I'm fed up of going back to the rainy UK....

Topacciolo

A.P.&.S.S
22-06-2011, 19:02
I can't wait to call myself a resident!!! And not for cheap prices.... I'm fed up of going back to the rainy UK....

Topacciolo

You will love it here, I have not been here long but have been coming to Tenerife for 20+ years, like you rain and for me work in the UK was a mess so it did not take much for me to decide!! I see you are into motorbikes?.....there are a few clubs here that I go and watch, There is Supermoto Racing and also Motocross Racing close by, give me a shout once you are here and we could meet up for a beer at the track? :cheers:

Topacciolo
22-06-2011, 19:25
You will love it here, I have not been here long but have been coming to Tenerife for 20+ years, like you rain and for me work in the UK was a mess so it did not take much for me to decide!! I see you are into motorbikes?.....there are a few clubs here that I go and watch, There is Supermoto Racing and also Motocross Racing close by, give me a shout once you are here and we could meet up for a beer at the track? :cheers:

Yea love bikes!! Anything with 2 wheels and an engine!!!!
Do you have a bike here???
I really got attached to mine and leave in UK would make me really sad!!! And honestly, after so much rain she also deserve to ride on the!!!
If you have a bike you may know... Where should I start looking for info on how to register mine her?? Once I find the way to bring it......

Topacciolo

marbro8
22-06-2011, 20:23
I read on another thread that Siam Park are stopping the Tour Shops selling them at the cheaper prices than they actually sell them on the gate ???they are, i was talking to bob(redarrow) a few weeks ago and they are sending fake tourists into shops to buy tickets, and anyone selling them cheaper is having the right to sell them taken away

Jackie
23-06-2011, 09:31
Siam Park is actually FREE to enter today for the first certain amount of people. Not sure of numbers but once certain areas are full that's it.

Added after 8 minutes:

Discrimination against who? Tourists who come from other countries and probably earn twice as much an hour or even more than residents in the Canaries.

Anyway once you have queued in all the various places for hours to get the necessary paperwork needed to become a resident here I think the least they can do is give us discount on somethings when producing our lovely A4 green sheets of paper, it proves that all that blood, sweat and tears spilled in getting them was not in vain;):lol::lol:

El Rico PL
23-06-2011, 14:41
Discrimination against who? Tourists who come from other countries and probably earn twice as much an hour or even more than residents in the Canaries.

Do you think only people from country where you earn twice as much than over Tenerife, coming?
I donīt think so. Some people saving for 2-3 years to come over holidays and they donīt have so much money as you think. Not everybody coming over Tenerife must be rich.

ps. You have to understand too that sometimes even if people earning twice as much that over Tenerife they live in country where cost of living is twice much more expensive than over Tenerife. And even if you take normal English family or Irish one there is no huge money as they have much expenses over own country. And family with children, thats achievement to go on holidays. I donīt think you know UK, Irish reality. It is not so pink like you think.

I lived 5 years over UK and Ireland and before, I was thinking that there is honey there but that was only my imagination. Reality showed me something different. Not so easy.

A.P.&.S.S
23-06-2011, 15:07
Anyway once you have queued in all the various places for hours to get the necessary paperwork needed to become a resident here I think the least they can do is give us discount on somethings when producing our lovely A4 green sheets of paper, it proves that all that blood, sweat and tears spilled in getting them was not in vain;):lol::lol:

:lol: @ Jackie.....I understand what you are saying as I have heard of some folks taking ages but I must say mine took 2.5hrs from start to finish with little Spanish...Result and I still get the benifits?! :whistle:

Jackie
24-06-2011, 18:16
Do you think only people from country where you earn twice as much than over Tenerife, coming?
I donīt think so. Some people saving for 2-3 years to come over holidays and they donīt have so much money as you think. Not everybody coming over Tenerife must be rich.

ps. You have to understand too that sometimes even if people earning twice as much that over Tenerife they live in country where cost of living is twice much more expensive than over Tenerife. And even if you take normal English family or Irish one there is no huge money as they have much expenses over own country. And family with children, thats achievement to go on holidays. I donīt think you know UK, Irish reality. It is not so pink like you think.

I lived 5 years over UK and Ireland and before, I was thinking that there is honey there but that was only my imagination. Reality showed me something different. Not so easy.

I do understand, I did actually live there for 47 years prior to moving to Tenerife and my business is still run from there with my husband spending the majority of his time in the UK. The wages are still better in the UK regardless of what anyone says...fact. Would you refuse a resident discount in the country you lived if you was offered it??????

:lol: @ Jackie.....I understand what you are saying as I have heard of some folks taking ages but I must say mine took 2.5hrs from start to finish with little Spanish...Result and I still get the benifits?! :whistle:

haha I did it 4 years ago when you had to be at the police station at 6 in the morning in order to be in the first 50 people that got a ticket. Most of it's straight forward, just wish you could do everything in the one place and not National Police Station Las Americas, Social Security Office Los Cristianos, Social Security Office Granadilla Hacienda Las Americas, Town Hall San Miguel ;)

Topacciolo
24-06-2011, 18:34
Hi guys, I've been there today and I found that give the option to people to pay €15 to get up and down to the attractions jumping the line is way more discrimination that a simple resident discount!!
It's a kids place and we shouldn't make any difference between the one that can spend more money and the one that they can't!
Simple as that.

Topacciolo

ddoyle
24-06-2011, 19:12
When you visit Loro Park you can buy a ticket for Siam Park for €16 tickets for Siam Park are on sale just inside the entrance to Loro Park, the ticket can only be used by the person that buys it they take your finger print when you buy the ticket and check it at the entrance to Siam Park.

tonypub
05-07-2011, 21:45
99e for a years entrance to park http://www.facebook.com/siampark?sk=app_4949752878

gillybeans
18-01-2012, 22:55
Can anyone clear something up for me - Is it possible to buy fast passes (and do you buy them once you are inside Siam Park?) How much are they? and is it true that you can only use the fast pass once per slide?
I have read a few different reviews on this and one said that you could only get fast pass if you got a cabana another said that you could use the fast pass to 'jump' the queues all day long but didn't mention that it was only once per slide? Thanks.

tenerife-lover
24-01-2012, 02:44
Siam park is fantastic! best water park i have been to easy! I've been to a fair few too (mostly europe, not usa) but this wins hands down. Food is a bit expensive, but is the best quality food i've had at a water park so deserves the high price i spose. Kids or adults will love it! 10/10

tonypub
12-07-2012, 19:40
new slide at siam park,opened today and looks awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV7vNM6raFk

DeedeeTipperary
12-07-2012, 21:28
Well my lot loved Siam Park last year , we visited twice :swimming: This visit ( 17 days time wooohooo ! ) they want to go quite a few times . They are thrilled to hear about the new ride , me :scared: I am a bit of a scaredy cat so I will have to see when I get there if I will try the Kinaree .

tinker
04-10-2012, 07:58
It's amazing equal to any fancy American waterpark and the food there is nice too , tad expensive but it's what to expect

euroteide
04-10-2012, 10:03
If you are a resident and have the Disa petrol station fidelity card, you can encash an entrance :)

Ali.xx
05-10-2012, 17:41
Went in Aug 2012. Thought it was an excellent day out. Compared to Aqualand a million times better. Having a fear of water I was more than happy with the Lazy River and beach area. The rest of my group loved all the rides especially Tower of Power. Food and drinks reasonably priced, very clean and it felt safe.

Dan747
21-10-2012, 20:33
It's amazing equal to any fancy American waterpark and the food there is nice too , tad expensive but it's what to expect

I agree it's up there with any American waterpark, although can't agree with the food being nice, every time I've been the food has been awful, cold and overpriced, but who goes to a waterpark for food, can do without it.

marbro8
21-10-2012, 21:52
we have been to both and wasn't that impressed with siam park, aqualand is a little out dated now and most of the slides were under repair when we went a couple of weeks ago but the spa area was good and the dolphin show was good to, but all they seem to be bothered about is selling photo's to you, they take one at every opportunity, and the same at jungle park even getting the animals to take food from you so as to get a photo, and when you get to the exit there are about 30-40 euros worth of photo's waiting for you to buy:confused:, maybe it is to compensate for the lack of visitors:confused:

Dan747
22-10-2012, 00:56
Looking at reviews on the likes of tripadvisor, I think one of the main complaints about Siam seems to be the queues, with quite a few people saying the place just gets too busy during the school holidays and visitors spend most of their time queuing than on the slides.

I've never been during the school hols, only when the schools are in, so can't comment on how busy it actually gets, obviously limiting the number of guests allowed in at any one time would put a stop to it getting too crowded, but then they wouldn't take as much ticket revenue so they wouldn't want to opt for that.

I noticed Siam was featured on last nights 'Take Me Out' on ITV.

slodgedad
22-10-2012, 01:01
I've never actually been, not my cuppa tea, but many of my family members have been and reckon it's a cracking day out and well worth the ticket price.

(I like my water hot, with soap)..:devil2:

lcbandit
22-11-2012, 06:17
is anyone doing the tickets cheaper than 33 euro's in the likes of admiral etc? dont want to buy online n the weather be crap when we get there n not be able to use the tickets!

ta

mandy

minimadmandy
12-04-2013, 22:24
While we were over at Easter we made our 7th visit to Siam Park to try out the new slide Kinnaree. OMG no wonder they warn you to hold on tight at the top. The almost vertical drop towards the bottom is fantastic but scary at the same time. We wondered why there was no queue for this one and soon found out why. The second time we did it my daughter nearly fell out and hubby bumped his back so it's not for the feint hearted!

Very impressed with the new children's area which is perfect for those with children too big for the toddlers area and too small for some of the big slides. They have miniature slides with rings that look like smaller versions of the big slides. Perfect for building confidence in youngsters so they are ready for the big versions once they grow a bit!

It cost us €33 per adult and €22 for a child and we used the free bus to get there. Unfortunately we missed the last. Bus back to Los Cris 5:30 and having spent the last of our money in the shop had no cash for bus/taxi so we had to walk back! Not too bad if I hadn't been in flip flops but it took about 40 minutes. Wouldn't be too worried if it happened again as we saw areas we hadn't seen before so it was quite interesting.

Back again at the end of May with 5 friends and hoping to persuade them To go to Siam Park with me. Not sure I would get them n Kinnaree though!

marbro8
12-04-2013, 22:49
we have been to siam park only once and enjoyed it, and walked back to the el mirador strip in flip flops , and as you say the walk back takes in areas you don't normally see, but is a great walk;)

Dan747
17-04-2013, 00:21
no wonder they warn you to hold on tight at the top

I've not been over since Kinnaree opened, but I had to hold on tight for both the Dragon and Vulcano as they are pretty 'rough' at times, the first time we went on Vulcano we all nearly fell out as we didn't expect it to be like that and were all pretty much relaxed until the first drop when we all then grabbed on! Kinnaree sound even worse!!

minimadmandy
17-04-2013, 08:12
I've not been over since Kinnaree opened, but I had to hold on tight for both the Dragon and Vulcano as they are pretty 'rough' at times, the first time we went on Vulcano we all nearly fell out as we didn't expect it to be like that and were all pretty much relaxed until the first drop when we all then grabbed on! Kinnaree sound even worse!!

Yes it's a lot worse! First part is very similar to Dragon but the drop into the last opening is almost vertical and you come out of it like a rocket and up the sides. I went backwards :spin: down the drop and my daughter opposite was above my head hanging on for dear life! It was good fun but hubby hurt his back on his second go down so he's not in A hurry to go back on! The Mekon Rapids ride is still my favourite as its not a sedate as it first appears so takes a lot of people by surprise!