PDA

View Full Version : Avast! is brilliant as an antivirus for my android smartphone security

deepdivejunkie
15-09-2012, 22:23
Have recently installed Avast antivirus and mobile security on my android phone. Brilliant!
The antivirus works as it should, but the security is superb.
If your phone is stolen, you can block it remotely in various ways via the web, plus there are other features.
Locate your phone if lost or stolen via gps. I have tested it and works fine.
With phones costing so much these days, not to mention the data contained on it. Has proved to be a very worthwhile app to install. And its FREE!

Link is http://www.avast.com/free-mobile-security

KirstyJay
15-09-2012, 23:28
If your phone is stolen, you can block it remotely in various ways via the web, plus there are other features.
Locate your phone if lost or stolen via gps. I have tested it and works fine.FindMyiPhone does this too from the iPhone 4 upwards. I just login to my me.com account and you can even send a message to flash up on the phone such as 'I know where you are and the police are coming for you' kinda thing ;)

I agree though, Avast! is good software. I have it installed on all 4 of my machines. I have done since I ditched McAfee over 5 years ago now.

deepdivejunkie
17-09-2012, 19:37
and you can even send a message to flash up on the phone such as 'I know where you are and the police are coming for you' kinda thing ;)

Yep. you can do that wth Avast... send warning text messages, alerts, activate sirens, that sort of thing... Very James Bond... no self destruct though. Maybe in a later version perhaps?

AL JAY
17-09-2012, 19:46
I also use Avast free antivirus on my laptop,its so easy to use and gives you daily updates, and use Malwarebytes and CCleaner weekly which is great for clearing junk build up etc,clearing caches!

deepdivejunkie
17-09-2012, 19:58
I also use Avast free antivirus on my laptop,!

Have it on my laptop too. Thats where I found the mobile version from. You can link all to the same account.. pc & mobile.

DonnaFranka
20-09-2012, 23:50
Just bought a cheap 7 inch tablet. Does it need an anti virus too....Guy who sold it to me said no....sounds illogical somehow !

AL JAY
21-09-2012, 00:24
Here is a link for free Avast antivirus Donna, Im not sure which tablet you have but you can download this anyway just to be on the safe side!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.mobilesecurity&hl=en

Octavio22
23-01-2013, 12:30
Hello dear i just want to say you that Avg antivirus is the best for the every computer and operating system but specially for the windows XP and windows 7 but this antivirus comntaines some heavy data and make slow to your computer so i think Avas antivirus is the best than AVG but the both are best you can install any one from both...