PDA

View Full Version : Tenerifian - Centenarian - Glaswegian

Fender1
16-09-2012, 15:49
Made it at last !!! I keep forgetting I'm on this Forum !!! I first visited the Island in1970 and became a regular, sometimes twice a year for Summer and Carnaval. My Wife & I enjoyed staying at the Princesa Dacil Hotel and used various Bars for Entertainment:- Danny's Bar(Later Dannis') Dreamers; The Bluebell; Chessies; The Irishmans Bar. In Puerto de la Cruz we took part in the Carnaval Parades for many years and had a lot of good Friends there who came from all parts of the UK, Germany, Sweden and Spain. We visited many good Bars:- The Robin Hood; The Cavern; Mrs Murphy's Kitchen; Fawlty Towers; The Big Ben; Vampii's; Eastenders; The Beehive;The Lilli Marlene; Molly Malone; Paddy's Irish Bar and the Dubliner. Those were good times but the atmosphere seems to have deteriorated, from what we observed on our last visit in 2009 and reports from Friends who still go over. Unfortunate !!! Hopefully one day we will return and see if the Good Times have returned and the bad publicity isn't appearing in the Media. Keep up the good work on here.

Harmonicaman
16-09-2012, 16:41
A lot of those bars have disappeared Fender1. Danny's/Dannis: gone. The Bluebell: gone. Chessies: gone. (I don't know "The Irishman's Bar"). Big Ben: gone. Dreamers bar is still there. O'Flahertys is now the Red Lion. Lots of changes...

Davie Thistle
16-09-2012, 17:42
....aye lots of changes, even in just the last ten years.
for the good? I don't know......rolleyes2: