PDA

View Full Version : Football Will Manchester United supported be respectful at Anfield in the light of JFT96?

davship
18-09-2012, 10:25
I do not want to stare anything up here but heres a quick question to the members of the Manchester United (moderated) supporters group on this forum.
Do you think Your fans will behave on Sunday (23rd) at Anfield if they do a tribute to the 96 as i suspect they will, or do you think a few mindless idiots will let you down AGAIN!!. I attended nearly every Liverpool game between 1976 & 1987 and didnt realise what YOUR CLUB went through in 1958 until the BBC showed a documentary. The following home game a few divvys tried to start the "MUNICH" chants right by where i was standing on the KOP and where actually jumped on and shamed by the people around them. Lets see if this happens on Sunday if the few mindless idiots ruin it. COMMENTS PLEASE.

YOUNG GOLFER
18-09-2012, 10:27
I really hope not.

candy2411
18-09-2012, 10:53
Disappointing to learn that Man U fans were chanting anti- Liverpool slurs only last weekend at the game v Wigan, so soon after the truth and traumatic details came out, so I don't hold out much hope.

Surely, there must be some decent Man U supporters about...and if there are, isn't it about time they showed themselves.

KirstyJay
18-09-2012, 11:47
I think this is a bit unfair. You're starting a thread to basically have a go at Man U supporters, and as a Man U supporter it would never occur to me to make any slurs about anything so horrible. I think your thread should be asking the general question 'are there idiots in every walk of life, be that any football club or any sport?', to which the answer will always be 'Yes'... however the majority of us know better.

Is there any point to this discussion other than to offend Man U supporters???

TOTO 99
18-09-2012, 12:07
Can we give the game a chance to be played before criticising any fans please?

davship
18-09-2012, 12:34
I think this is a bit unfair. You're starting a thread to basically have a go at Man U supporters, and as a Man U supporter it would never occur to me to make any slurs about anything so horrible. I think your thread should be asking the general question 'are there idiots in every walk of life, be that any football club or any sport?', to which the answer will always be 'Yes'... however the majority of us know better.

Is there any point to this discussion other than to offend Man U supporters???

It is a genuine question. If the disaster had happened to any other club do you seriously think that united would still be singing sick songs about it all these years later? If anything does happen (or is heard) on Sunday i only hope the people around them are big enough challenge them or even bring them to the police/stewards attention. I will be first to thank United if they show respect.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Can we give the game a chance to be played before criticising any fans please?

i'm not critisising it was a question hence the title that has been allocated to it.

KirstyJay
18-09-2012, 13:11
It is a genuine question. If the disaster had happened to any other club do you seriously think that united would still be singing sick songs about it all these years later?

I refer you to your original post :

I attended nearly every Liverpool game between 1976 & 1987 and didnt realise what YOUR CLUB went through in 1958 until the BBC showed a documentary. The following home game a few divvys tried to start the "MUNICH" chants right by where i was standing on the KOP and where actually jumped on and shamed by the people around them.

As I stated originally, there are idiots belonging to every football club and in every walk of life, and they will start hassle if they see an opportunity... however this thread strikes me as doing exactly that... starting hassle and bad feeling where it wasn't necessary. I certainly feel upset at allegations tarring all supporters of Man U with the same brush, as I'm sure you would if I had a go at you about Liverpool supporters singing about Munich. Despite whether YOU, yourself jumped on them or not. It was still sung and still heard on the terraces.

I will not be replying to this thread again, as it strikes me as something posted with the intention to get a reaction, despite your original disclaimer. You've had your rise out of me, so now I shall participate in less confrontational threads. :)

davship
18-09-2012, 13:31
I refer you to your original post :

As I stated originally, there are idiots belonging to every football club and in every walk of life, and they will start hassle if they see an opportunity... however this thread strikes me as doing exactly that... starting hassle and bad feeling where it wasn't necessary. I certainly feel upset at allegations tarring all supporters of Man U with the same brush, as I'm sure you would if I had a go at you about Liverpool supporters singing about Munich. Despite whether YOU, yourself jumped on them or not. It was still sung and still heard on the terraces.

I will not be replying to this thread again, as it strikes me as something posted with the intention to get a reaction, despite your original disclaimer. You've had your rise out of me, so now I shall participate in less confrontational threads. :)

I apologise if you took my thread in the wrong context. It was not meant to cause trouble just to gain an opinion.I will contact the administrator to remove the thread if it is causing offence. Lets just hope its a blinking good game on Sunday. Whats your score prediction? i think United might sneak it 2-1

candy2411
18-09-2012, 19:01
I would like to think all clubs would take a stance against fans guilty of abusive chanting whatever the subject. They seem to be on the particular lookout for anything racist, but anything abusive directed at the club/ supporters/or even certain players is just as hurtful and likely to provoke bad behavior among the crowd.

Surely , with all the surveillance equipment available these days it can't be too difficult to identify the offenders and make sure they receive fines or even a life ban from any football ground.

I think the point that was being made in an earlier post was that if some people do choose to be offensive and these are in the minority, then its up to the other fans to 'shop' them if only not to be tarnished along with them.

Ricman
19-09-2012, 10:05
May I refer to an article by Martin Sadler in today`s Daily mail on this subject. Already some Man Utd fans are chanting things that it is impossible to directly call sick insults, but mean only one thing. I have no doubt this will be repeated at Anfield & similar things will come back from the home fans.

This is not football banter. Grow up & pack it in, now.

davship
23-09-2012, 17:40
I have got to thank BOTH sets of supporters for the immpecably observed tribute to the 96 supporters who died at Hillsborough in 1989 during todays match at Anfield (i told you i would comment (you know who you are))

candy2411
23-09-2012, 18:01
shame they had to resort to chanting about Suarez though 2nd half, no doubt the press will be on to it tomorrow

plancher
23-09-2012, 21:30
I have got to thank BOTH sets of supporters for the immpecably observed tribute to the 96 supporters who died at Hillsborough in 1989 during todays match at Anfield (i told you i would comment (you know who you are))
Sorry to dampen your bonfire, but suggest you watch Sky Sports News. United fans who were kept in Anfield at the end of the match resorted to singing some bad stuff, related to Hillsborough.

davship
24-09-2012, 07:54
Sorry to dampen your bonfire, but suggest you watch Sky Sports News. United fans who were kept in Anfield at the end of the match resorted to singing some bad stuff, related to Hillsborough.

Thankfully i haven got Sky so dont have to find out. I can just kid myself that everything went ok. Thanks for the info though.

TOTO 99
24-09-2012, 08:07
On the scale of things it all went well. Players and fans alike respected the circumstances.

At any major game you will find an element of troublemakers. It's why they go. Not the least bit interested in football.
Fans of both teams misbehaved but nowhere near as badly as a lot of people expected and that's a positive outcome for all concerned. :respect:

YOUNG GOLFER
24-09-2012, 10:23
Theres a little video to watch on here.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/manchester-united-fans-anfield-songs-607269-Sep2012/

davship
24-09-2012, 10:52
Theres a little video to watch on here.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/manchester-united-fans-anfield-songs-607269-Sep2012/
I notice how they waited until the ground was nearly empty VERY BIG OF THEM. Still no comments from YOU KNOW WHO though on this subject i notice. But lets let it lie .

YOUNG GOLFER
24-09-2012, 11:02
Well it's a very sad day when a team wins a match and still think it's clever to chant such songs............but to me they are just scum.

CaribeCelt
24-09-2012, 21:19
There is scum in every support....Liverpool included.
I see they took to twitter with their bile and wished cancer on the ref,who battled against it in the past.

YOUNG GOLFER
24-09-2012, 21:37
You are right every team has scum supporters which is not nice but yesterday it looked like many united fans joined in which is not what football is all about.

cheery
24-09-2012, 21:48
Listening to TalkSport tonight on the way home from the shop they were discussing this. An Evertonian stated that the Utd chant was a reference to Gerrard's court case and the Suarez incident, as this chant only came about after Gerrard's case a few years back.