PDA

View Full Version : The in-laws are arriving in less then 2 hours

carpenter
18-09-2012, 11:54
I'm not scared or worried I actually like both of them. They have helped us out of several holes and they are meeting their grand son for the 1st time :) and it also means that I can catch up on some work.

I'm not sure about my father in law's chosen name for himself that he wants Harrison to call him. He's chosen Pappy which to me sounds like a poo poo fart.

Anyway, I was looking at the flight arrivals at TFS to work out when we should leave for the airport to rob the taxi drivers of their income and I noticed a track the flight option and I clicked on it. Very useful tool, it was showing a little orange plane the size of Luxembourg flying over Portugal.

My cynical mind then went into overdrive and I thought imagine if the Captain made and announcement to the passengers like this.

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, clear skies, the wind is behind us and you might be interested to know that 3 people are tracking out flight from the ground! I don't think I'd want to know!

Suej
18-09-2012, 12:10
Do you check on the Aena site too carpenter? http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?MO=0&SMO=0&SiteName=Home&c=Page&cid=1166792871783&pagename=Home

Have a great time with the family!:D

Malteser Monkey
18-09-2012, 12:13
I'm not scared or worried I actually like both of them. They have helped us out of several holes and they are meeting their grand son for the 1st time :) and it also means that I can catch up on some work.

I'm not sure about my father in law's chosen name for himself that he wants Harrison to call him. He's chosen Pappy which to me sounds like a poo poo fart.

Anyway, I was looking at the flight arrivals at TFS to work out when we should leave for the airport to rob the taxi drivers of their income and I noticed a track the flight option and I clicked on it. Very useful tool, it was showing a little orange plane the size of Luxembourg flying over Portugal.

My cynical mind then went into overdrive and I thought imagine if the Captain made and announcement to the passengers like this.

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, clear skies, the wind is behind us and you might be interested to know that 3 people are tracking out flight from the ground! I don't think I'd want to know!

I think you def. need to get back to work !:D

carpenter
18-09-2012, 12:15
Thanks, I'm on flightstats.com 772 miles away flying at 552 mph so if i set my bazooka to........

Malteser Monkey
18-09-2012, 12:22
Thanks, I'm on flightstats.com 772 miles away flying at 552 mph so if i set my bazooka to........

Don't they may be bringing goodies - there's always the return flight !:D

LUCKY
18-09-2012, 18:13
Don't they may be bringing goodies - there's always the return flight !:D

Return flight you said Return flight , its the inlaws that are coming. First question for inlaws when they arrive is. When are you going back ?:flatcap:

Suej
18-09-2012, 18:56

I love watching this one when people are arrivng! shows the plane on radar!
http://www.flightradar24.com/ :airplane:

chifleta
19-09-2012, 16:03
my other half always loves to say "I love my in-laws, they live 3000km away"

tell poo poo, i mean pappy, that pappy sounds too much like "ayyy papito" South American girls way of speaking to their sugar daddies....ewwww cringe.... :eyebrows:

Malteser Monkey
19-09-2012, 17:39
What about Pops !

Santiago
19-09-2012, 21:43
What about Pops !

Coco? .................

carpenter
19-09-2012, 23:07
He called me on it! He asked me straight to my face what I want Harrison to call him and I told him that Pappy sounds like a diarrhea fart but he laid claim to his Italian routes and still wants to be called Pappy.

Funny thing though is his son is called Dom and I can't imagine Dom wanting his own grand child to call him PappyDom!

Jackalina
20-09-2012, 08:46
Wouldn't worry about hit, the wee fellow will call him what he likes. Our wee grandson calls both his grandfathers papa although we say grandad or grandpa. Quite like pappy.

Malteser Monkey
20-09-2012, 09:04
Coco? .................

if you like

kingbaker
20-09-2012, 13:22
I love watching this one when people are arrivng! shows the plane on radar!
http://www.flightradar24.com/ :airplane:

Yeah Suej but they vanish off the screen at a few thousand feet before they land!!

Suej
20-09-2012, 14:08
Yeah Suej but they vanish off the screen at a few thousand feet before they land!!

Not good! I tracked one the other day and it didn't disappear until it landed! The ones thst disappear must be Ryanair! they really should put in enough fuel to get here!:nono:

kingbaker
20-09-2012, 19:11
I'll pass that on to Uncle Mick and you'll be barred!!!!.......................reduced to sittin' on the roof-rack of a Monarch flyin' machine.

:crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing: :D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Not good! I tracked one the other day and it didn't disappear until it landed! The ones thst disappear must be Ryanair! they really should put in enough fuel to get here!:nono:

You're correct I think Vortex Wake told me that that problem had been fixed. A few years ago there was a company selling a plug in box and an arial, that you plugged into your computer, and you saw what A T C saw in the local airport. I'd say Flight tracker put paid to that.:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::cryla ughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::cry laughing:

chifleta
20-09-2012, 21:56
Funny thing though is his son is called Dom and I can't imagine Dom wanting his own grand child to call him PappyDom!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::rofl: two belly laughs in as many minutes ... omg too funny hahahaha