PDA

View Full Version : Other How long does a denuncia take to action?

redarrow
19-09-2012, 11:08
I denounced someone who is trading illegally near my shop. Had to get photographic proof, but I know for a fact you can't put a stand on a council pavement and sell things. Police seem oblivious to this fact, so I put in a denuncia. I'm not sure how long it'll take to go through.

YOUNG GOLFER
19-09-2012, 11:20
Good luck with that mate I know of a few big Agents here selling excursions who just had a meeting they are looking at stopping this trading illegally.
If you want more info PM me mate and I can put you in the right direction.

As for the denuncia god knows how long but it's the way forward.

I want to give you one example a friend of mine a (proper business) had a family come back to him last week asking for a refund because there was a Illegal trader giving huge discounts working off the street (and he did) i told him you should of said no as the reason you are more is because you have taxes staff cost and bills and rents to pay.

Does not seem right to me my friend and people like you pay for a office electric taxes etc........... yet someone like this pays nothing I bet.

What is needed is more meetings with the owners of boats , bus tours , theme parks to put a stop to this.

After all the only one who will gain is the person themselves selling off the street.

TenerifeTeddy
19-09-2012, 11:40
I received a generic letter from the excursion company I sell trips for stating they would stop dealing with anyone they found selling trips below the offical price.

So these illegal sellers must be cutting back on their commissions because the price back to the venue wont change. Like you say though if they have no overheads, they won't care. However I am surprised the excursion companies will deal with them, because what if they just dissappear with the ticket money.

redarrow
19-09-2012, 11:52
Good luck with that mate I know of a few big Agents here selling excursions who just had a meeting they are looking at stopping this trading illegally.
If you want more info PM me mate and I can put you in the right direction.

I'll probably be going to the next meeting.

I've already had his stand moved off the community property as he was blocking an entrance, but he just put his stand on the street instead. There is a shop underneath that have said he is working for them, but I know for a fact he's just saying that and getting a backhander. The issue isn't the price he's selling at, it's just illegal.

TF1
19-09-2012, 11:59
Make a denuncia to the seguridad social; odds are he isnīt paying autonomo. This will be faster than waiting for the police or courts.

redarrow
29-09-2012, 18:19
The answer is around about a week and a half in this case. On Tuesday the police came down and made everyone move their signs off council land. They went around checking paperwork (Tuesday & Wednesday for me). On Thursday they visited the offending place. Thing is, the guy must have been tipped off somehow, as I haven't seen him since last Saturday afternoon. So, if you make a denuncia of this nature, looks like you will have your paperwork checked first.

YOUNG GOLFER
29-09-2012, 23:56
How did your excursion meeting go mate was it last night?

redarrow
01-10-2012, 11:10
The concept of it is OK, but I think there would be too many problems arising from it and nothing would change. I'm happy to go along with it, but I'd like to see a few things on paper.

languagefan
01-10-2012, 12:39
"Time" is an alien concept in Tenerife...chase it as often as you can...but dont expect things to happen on time! Never!

tracey
01-10-2012, 15:00
Its the same for our kind of business (scooter rentals).
The legit, tax paying businesses cannot compete with the street sellers and non tax paying individuals who have a couple of scooters and rent them for next to nothing

Medanoman
02-10-2012, 04:27
Its not what you know but who you know. I have relatives in the Adeje ,Arona and Granadilla police forces. Good for parking fine removals ( Standard acceptable excuse as quoted by the officer who told me the wording to use to contest the fine was...you parked illegally , quickly as you have a weak bladder, ). I will bring the subject up and see what they say. I know my Brother in law in the Poli local of Arona takes great pleasure in nicking the African street sellers, and confiscating all of their wears that are later distributed among the officers of the shift. It is thanks to him that I have an impressive Rolex collection and his wife always has the latest Gucci bag..