PDA

View Full Version : Other I would like to go sailing in Tenerife

Lynda27
19-09-2012, 18:25
My name is frank plaice i have not sailed some time, now living in tenerife i am looking for opportunites to go sailing and getting back to sea.

I have the rya shore based yactmaster offshore certificate, am a qualified first aider, a good cook, and a marine engineer.
Prior to moving to tenerife i lived on the isle of wight and crewed on a number of occasions in the round the isle of wight races, and helped deliver yachts arround the uk

if there are any owners/skippers willing to let me help crew their yacht's please PM for further details

deepdivejunkie
19-09-2012, 18:55
I think a good place to start would be to contact http://www.clubsail.org who will have the info & contacts which will get you on your way back to the ocean.

Harmonicaman
19-09-2012, 18:57
Are you a bloke or a burd?:confused:

kingbaker
19-09-2012, 22:16
:hello:
My name is frank plaice i have not sailed some time, now living in tenerife i am looking for opportunites to go sailing and getting back to sea.

I have the rya shore based yactmaster offshore certificate, am a qualified first aider, a good cook, and a marine engineer.
Prior to moving to tenerife i lived on the isle of wight and crewed on a number of occasions in the round the isle of wight races, and helped deliver yachts arround the uk

if there are any owners/skippers willing to let me help crew their yacht's please PM for further details

Pm sent.:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

LUCKY
20-09-2012, 08:44
:hello:

Pm sent.:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello: Well done:pirate:

Ecky Thump
20-09-2012, 09:11
Are you a bloke or a burd?:confused:

I remember a "Boy named Sue", but never a "Bird named Frank"!!:lol:

kingbaker
20-09-2012, 12:49
I remember a "Boy named Sue", but never a "Bird named Frank"!!:lol:

Or a fish called LYNDA................Dear!!!!!! oh Dear!!!!! oh Dear!!!:D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Well done:pirate:

Nada I only put him in the right direction..Me no sail. Sailing for wimps!!!!!! little white deck shoes!!!!!! Fishing is for big strong

Hombres and Macho types like chifleta!!!!! :D

chifleta
20-09-2012, 18:24
Or a fish called LYNDA................Dear!!!!!! oh Dear!!!!! oh Dear!!!:D

Nada I only put him in the right direction..Me no sail. Sailing for wimps!!!!!! little white deck shoes!!!!!! Fishing is for big strong

Hombres and Macho types like chifleta!!!!! :D

OMG I can't believe you typed that hahahahahahahahaahahaha too funny ... if you see me when I go fishing, OH laughs because the first fishing rod he bought me was metallic blue/green because it matched a nail varinish I had hahaha...

kingbaker
20-09-2012, 18:54
OMG I can't believe you typed that hahahahahahahahaahahaha too funny ... if you see me when I go fishing, OH laughs because the first fishing rod he bought me was metallic blue/green because it matched a nail varinish I had hahaha...

Nuttin' wrong wit dat as my 30lb class rod is blue............cos it matches my fab blue eyes. :crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

PS I think youze are well matched............Maybe youze belong in the institution after all. Now at least I can stop practice-shouting DON'T DO IT CHIFFY.:laugh:

chifleta
20-09-2012, 19:13
Nuttin' wrong wit dat as my 30lb class rod is blue............cos it matches my fab blue eyes. :crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

PS I think youze are well matched............Maybe youze belong in the institution after all. Now at least I can stop practice-shouting DON'T DO IT CHIFFY.:laugh:

Do you like the painting, my mummy painted it :) .... it's butch old me :flatcap:

by way, I wouldn't go sailing if you paid me :v3::v2::v3::vomit:

Harmonicaman
20-09-2012, 19:57
Do you like the painting, my mummy painted it :) .... it's butch old me :flatcap:

by way, I wouldn't go sailing if you paid me :v3::v2::v3::vomit:

That's a fantastic painting! I thought it was one of the "old masters". You're mum's very good!

kingbaker
20-09-2012, 20:27
Yeah nice one.................how long ago...in decades please!!!:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

chifleta
20-09-2012, 21:22
That's a fantastic painting! I thought it was one of the "old masters". You're mum's very good!

it's her hobby :) she's more into flowers and scenes than people, so not a bad attempt, it definately looks like me... well maybe i've lost another stone since that painting was done LOL

Faraway
21-09-2012, 14:38
Hiya, if you find anywhere let me know as I would love to go sailing again. I have RYA yachtmaster offshore practical and shorebased and am also a good cook. I have 20,000sea miles + and have cruised for years - would love to do it again - am a bird by the way!

kingbaker
21-09-2012, 18:58
Hiya, if you find anywhere let me know as I would love to go sailing again. I have RYA yachtmaster offshore practical and shorebased and am also a good cook. I have 20,000sea miles + and have cruised for years - would love to do it again - am a bird by the way!

What kinda burd??? A high mileage model? :crylaughing::D:crylaughing: Do you live in Tenerife? you might need to make friends...........not sure about clubs etc. I don't think things are that organised, but hey ho!!! this presents an opportunity. I'm sure you'll find a way thru.:hello::hello:

it's her hobby :) she's more into flowers and scenes than people, so not a bad attempt, it definately looks like me... well maybe i've lost another stone since that painting was done LOL

Thanks be!!!!!!! God job you lost some more weight as you looked flippin' hhuuggeeeeeeeeeeeemungus!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

chifleta
22-09-2012, 17:36
What kinda burd??? A high mileage model? :crylaughing::D:crylaughing: Do you live in Tenerife? you might need to make friends...........not sure about clubs etc. I don't think things are that organised, but hey ho!!! this presents an opportunity. I'm sure you'll find a way thru.:hello::hello:

Thanks be!!!!!!! God job you lost some more weight as you looked flippin' hhuuggeeeeeeeeeeeemungus!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

oh dear, for those of you who are not used to kingbaker, please excuse him, he obviously hasn't taken his "i'm not really as funny as I think I am" medication today :sorry::twak::party2::nurse2:

PS if I look humungous in that, just imagine what I looked like 6 stone heavier 3 years ago :laugh::neener:

kingbaker
22-09-2012, 18:11
oh dear, for those of you who are not used to kingbaker, please excuse him, he obviously hasn't taken his "i'm not really as funny as I think I am" medication today :sorry::twak::party2::nurse2:

PS if I look humungous in that, just imagine what I looked like 6 stone heavier 3 years ago :laugh::neener:

HA!!HA!! you don't look like you're very overweight, in the painting considering 60% of the population are bordering on, if not obese. If you've lost more since then, you'll be a skinny whippet. :whistle::whistle:

PHEW!!!!!!! Got outta that one. Close shave though!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:wave:

LUCKY
22-09-2012, 18:29
HA!!HA!! you don't look like you're very overweight, in the painting considering 60% of the population are bordering on, if not obese. If you've lost more since then, you'll be a skinny whippet. :whistle::whistle:

PHEW!!!!!!! Got outta that one. Close shave though!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:wave: Somebody mention Whippet !!! I was just sailing through the posts :flatcap::feret:

chifleta
22-09-2012, 19:01

PHEW!!!!!!! Got outta that one. Close shave though!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:wave:

LOL On that grovelling note, i'm off out for a meal :laugh:

Harmonicaman
22-09-2012, 21:32
This is quite interesting and may be of use to the OP. Tenerife Sailing (http://www.mydestination.com/tenerife/travel-articles/72922/tenerife-sailing)

LUCKY
23-09-2012, 16:01
This is quite interesting and may be of use to the OP. Tenerife Sailing (http://www.mydestination.com/tenerife/travel-articles/72922/tenerife-sailing)

I enjoyed that link found . The Lord Nelson , went inside and had a beer:flatcap:

slodgedad
26-09-2012, 14:49
Thread closed at OPs request