PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to remove the car spanner symbol

wahay
17-06-2011, 15:25
Someone told me once how to do this my spanner on my car dash board has lit up and saying it needds basically an oil change , anyhow last time it did this i panicked and rushed to to renault garage as i have had all my car services with them, anyway when i got there after panicking , the mechanic told me it didnt need to be done for another 3000kms , so i drove about for a few monthe with the message and the spanner showing up an my dash, but somebody told me you can get rid of the message and the spanner by pressing such and such a thing in the car dash but ive forgotton does anybody know and save me the drive up to renault CHEERS:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:[/B]

Vortex Wake
17-06-2011, 15:50
Someone told me once how to do this my spanner on my car dash board has lit up and saying it needds basically an oil change , anyhow last time it did this i panicked and rushed to to renault garage as i have had all my car services with them, anyway when i got there after panicking , the mechanic told me it didnt need to be done for another 3000kms , so i drove about for a few monthe with the message and the spanner showing up an my dash, but somebody told me you can get rid of the message and the spanner by pressing such and such a thing in the car dash but ive forgotton does anybody know and save me the drive up to renault CHEERS:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:[/B]

1-switch ignition ON (lights)
2-press button on end of stalk(RH)until spanner symbol flashes & distance remaining to next service appears in the odometer display.
3-press & hold the little stalk on dash display(trip reset) for 10 secs until new service interval is displayed.let go of stalk.
4 turn ignition off.

OR

Here goes-
1,switch ignition OFF,
2,press & hold trip reset stalk(instrument cluster)
3,Switch ignition ON
4,keep pressed for 10 secs,
Display will now read 0 and 'spanner' symbol will go out

????

wahay
17-06-2011, 16:06
thanks for your replie, i also did the famous googling lol and got a link to a youtube video so i carnt go wrong will let you know how i go on lol