PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a name removed from an escritura in Tenerife?

ama de casa
20-09-2012, 14:12
Can anyone advise me on how easy or hard it will be to remove my sons name from a property deed here in Tenerife please? Also does anyone know how much this could cost (approx) and who I would need to go to?

Many thanks

Balcony
20-09-2012, 17:18
You'll need to do it through a Notary (Notario). You can easily get this done, but prepare your head for any possible costs. If you don't fancy going yourself, you could use a lawyer, but it will add costs and, as far as I know, you'll still need to go to the notary to get a power of attorney (poder) for him to act for you.

ama de casa
22-09-2012, 09:25
Thanks for your reply x

Lily3
22-09-2012, 16:38
Hi , I am not sure of the costs but try the One stop Problem Shop web site.
You can always contact Diana Mcglone if you need more info.
I have used Diana in the past and have always found her helpful

KirstyJay
22-09-2012, 17:46
Hi , I am not sure of the costs but try the One stop Problem Shop web site.
You can always contact Diana Mcglone if you need more info.
I have used Diana in the past and have always found her helpful
Her username on here is Goldenmaniac if you want to send her a PM :)

Goldenmaniac
23-09-2012, 16:07
Bear in in mind apart from the Notary's and Land registry fees, there will also be taxes to pay.

You can not "remove" your son from the deed - he owns a share of the property, so either your son is "selling" his share to you (it may not be necessary for actual money to change hands) and this incurs Patrimony transfer tax - or he is gifting it to you (gift tax) either way there is a tax to be paid to the Spanish Hacienda on the value of the share that is being transferred.

Also there will be Plus Valia (increase in the value of the % of the land) on the valuation of the portion of the property being transferred which will have to be paid to the local authority.

Roughly speaking the costs are the same percentage wise as when you buy or sell the property