PDA

View Full Version : Other Its raining on the Golf del Sur!

Dave Social
20-09-2012, 23:13
Can't believe my eyes, its raining here on the Golf del sur!

karinagal
20-09-2012, 23:35
Didn't last long though....

Dave Social
20-09-2012, 23:41
Didn't last long though....

no not long at all. But looks like that tropical storm 'Nadine' is getting closer to us.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_atl.shtml

YOUNG GOLFER
20-09-2012, 23:57
We could do with some of the wet stuff.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

It's raining here now in Adeje El Galeon...........well spitting.

LUCKY
21-09-2012, 09:12
We could do with some of the wet stuff.

It's raining here now in Adeje El Galeon...........well spitting. Will i need to bring my brolly for my holiday in december , :flatcap::feret:

primrose
21-09-2012, 09:31
Will i need to bring my brolly for my holiday in december , :flatcap::feret:
If it's anything like last winter no need for a brolly, but bring fur coat and fur knickers.:shiver:cold::snowflake:

LUCKY
21-09-2012, 09:39
If it's anything like last winter no need for a brolly, but bring fur coat and fur knickers.:shiver:cold::snowflake: It was lovely and warm last December. I aint comming if someones ordered snow:flatcap:

Or did you mean Blackburn:flatcap:

TF1
21-09-2012, 09:49

Perhaps some more on the way ;-)

primrose
21-09-2012, 09:58
It was lovely and warm last December. I aint comming if someones ordered snow:flatcap:

Or did you mean Blackburn:flatcap:

Then you were lucky LUCKY, just look back at last years posts on here how many people were asking if it was the coldest winter ever.:flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
21-09-2012, 10:09
Then you were lucky LUCKY, just look back at last years posts on here how many people were asking if it was the coldest winter ever.:flatcap:

Yes wasn't it last year that there was more snow on Teide than ever and it even snowed in La Palma (or was that the year before) I'm sure Chiffy put some pics from her gym of how low down the snow was on the mountains ?

Fred Perry
21-09-2012, 11:00
Ofcourse the big news is the Tropical Storm Nadine could hit The Canaries from this Sunday onwards. Forecasters are unsure at present just how close the big storm will pass by but we should feel some effects (especially wind and high seas).
I think most residents will want to see some good rain after so many months of sun and heat. We really need some as it has been the driest year since 1919 and the resevoirs are at critical point.

By the way the U.S. hurracane sites give a 20% chance that the storm will intesify into a category of hurracane.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zzulja.gif

chifleta
21-09-2012, 17:05
Can't believe my eyes, its raining here on the Golf del sur!

don't believe it until I see photographic evidence.... LOL actually other half told me it was chucking it down by the time he got to work at the airport this morning.... not cooled down any though has it :(

It was the coldest winter I remember since living here... I even had to go buy long legged pijamas .... first time, and i've lived here 20 years...

Yes wasn't it last year that there was more snow on Teide than ever and it even snowed in La Palma (or was that the year before) I'm sure Chiffy put some pics from her gym of how low down the snow was on the mountains ?

that was the year before I think... can't remember seeing any snow last Xmas...

Suej
21-09-2012, 18:05
don't believe it until I see photographic evidence.... LOL actually other half told me it was chucking it down by the time he got to work at the airport this morning.... not cooled down any though has it :(

It was the coldest winter I remember since living here... I even had to go buy long legged pijamas .... first time, and i've lived here 20 years...

that was the year before I think... can't remember seeing any snow last Xmas...

Rained here in Chayofa last night too!

I actually bought boots last winter! never needed to wear them before! I moved here 8 years ago!

LUCKY
21-09-2012, 19:08
Then you were lucky LUCKY, just look back at last years posts on here how many people were asking if it was the coldest winter ever.:flatcap: I can only speak for last december 2011. I was there and weather was wonderful:flatcap::feret:

cainaries
21-09-2012, 19:53
I never ever thought I would be glad to see rain. I would be if we had any.

Is there a fur knickers smiley ... that would be brill if there is!?

We are about 1,000 feet above sea level and it snowed pretty close to us 2 winters ago, we just got hailstones the size of tennis balls. Last winter it was cold and dry. This summer has been hot and dry. Forecast for this winter is another cold one. Better dig out your boots, Suej.

duquessa
24-09-2012, 10:23
whats it like at the moment?

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2012, 10:30
I never ever thought I would be glad to see rain. I would be if we had any.

Is there a fur knickers smiley ... that would be brill if there is!?

We are about 1,000 feet above sea level and it snowed pretty close to us 2 winters ago, we just got hailstones the size of tennis balls. Last winter it was cold and dry. This summer has been hot and dry. Forecast for this winter is another cold one. Better dig out your boots, Suej.

Why would you want fur knickers in the rain ?:D

cainaries
24-09-2012, 12:19
Why would you want fur knickers in the rain ?:D

Personally, I wouldn't want them at all! Somewhere there was a post about the prediction that it will be a cold winter in the Canaries and that we would need fur knickers. Can't remember where I saw the post now. I'll just put the kettle on, MM, shall I?

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2012, 12:27
Personally, I wouldn't want them at all! Somewhere there was a post about the prediction that it will be a cold winter in the Canaries and that we would need fur knickers. Can't remember where I saw the post now. I'll just put the kettle on, MM, shall I?

yes and I'll find us 2 fur cosies for our tea pots if it's going to be that cold !