PDA

View Full Version : I need a computer engineer in Golf del Sur, Tenerife

tramsb
17-06-2011, 16:21
I need a computor engineer urgently.... if anybody can help please PM with details (am Golf Del Sur based) thanks

atlantico
17-06-2011, 16:22
whats wrong, as software problems can be sorted over the forum

tramsb
17-06-2011, 16:32
whats wrong, as software problems can be sorted over the forum

not actually my laptop is a fellow members computor.... is just wont open up the programms (I think) any chance we can ring you or visa versa ?

atlantico
17-06-2011, 16:55
sorry, not a computer fixer, just thought if you stated the problems then someone may be able to assist. Hit F8 (i think) to enter 'safe mode' , then see if it makes a difference. If you can get to system restore, restore the PC back to when it last worked OK

Suej
17-06-2011, 17:04
not actually my laptop is a fellow members computor.... is just wont open up the programms (I think) any chance we can ring you or visa versa ?

You could try Steve "Is your pc Broken" he might be able to come out to you. 627 724 062.

poker
17-06-2011, 17:05
To hot for the moment probably.
Give it a rest and try again this eavening when its cooler.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab p1000 using Tapatalk.

markcuk
17-06-2011, 17:29
could be .exe file assocation problem

try safe mode first if you have same problem go here http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
to open a Doug Knox page with various file association fixes.

Download "EXE File Association Fix" and run it according to the directions at the top of the Doug Knox page.

If it won't unzip, download the "Zip Folder File Association Fix" (at the bottom of the list on the Doug Knox page) and run it first. Then you should be able to unzip the EXE fix.

Once you've got things more or less working, run a full system virus scan

this is IF you are using windows XP

timmylish
18-06-2011, 01:59
could be .exe file assocation problem

try safe mode first if you have same problem go here http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
to open a Doug Knox page with various file association fixes.

Download "EXE File Association Fix" and run it according to the directions at the top of the Doug Knox page.

If it won't unzip, download the "Zip Folder File Association Fix" (at the bottom of the list on the Doug Knox page) and run it first. Then you should be able to unzip the EXE fix.

Once you've got things more or less working, run a full system virus scan

this is IF you are using windows XP

Surely your missing the point. If the O/p cannot get the thing to open up, how can they do a search?

markcuk
18-06-2011, 11:06
To open the web browser press CTRL-ALT-DEL and open Task Manager. Once there, click File, then hold down the CTRL key and click New Task (Run). This will open a Command Prompt window. Enter START IEXPLORE.EXE and press Enter.

I am just trying to help if your are not sure take it to a shop this is just an educated guess from the lack of information given

TIS
19-06-2011, 01:26
I need a computor engineer urgently.... if anybody can help please PM with details (am Golf Del Sur based) thanks

Need more details as to what appears to be going wrong. Can you duplicate the problem, are there any system messages or beeps etc.etc. then others may be able to help.