PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones What's the best PAYG calls and data package for mobiles in Tenerife?

KirstyJay
22-09-2012, 16:47
Hi all,

It's coming to that time where my eldest daughter will be getting a mobile, as she's allowed to walk home from school alone, and it's only going to get worse!

Anyway, I would prefer that she was able to use data and message me using Whatsapp etc as it's ultimately cheaper than calling, as there's no 15 cent connection charge... and PAYG will probably be the best option so that she is unable to run up huge bills and realises the cost of having a phone.

So, what do you think would be the best package? Más Movil? Hits? are there any other options?

chifleta
22-09-2012, 17:46
i've got hits, so has my son and other half, so calls and texts between us are cheaper too.... we have tried to cut costs SO MUCH this last couple of years that we probably only use between 5 and 10 euros a month credit (as opposed to 15 to 20 euros a month on the stoopid movistar package that was supposed to give free calls between us, but we got penalised for not using ENOUGH even though we were paying in advance for the package... go figure).... I use mine for text messages mainly, so it could be ideal for your daughter... and it's very rare that a message doesn't arrive at its destination (like movistar messages tend to do) straight away. We do have the very rare occassion that messages don't arrive, but very rare indeed. You could always get her to pay her calls over and above the texts she sends to you our of her pocket money!

And yes, it starts off walking home from school on own, then sleepovers at girlfriends... my son is 19, i've finally got over the thought of him staying out now hahaha, except when he's driving his dads car LOL..... my dad always says "think about what you used to get up to at that age..."

KirstyJay
22-09-2012, 17:52
my dad always says "think about what you used to get up to at that age..."Yes... that's what worries me!

We won't let her go on Facebook, even though all her friends are on. I wouldn't have a problem with her going on it I could link it to my account and would get notifications of hers too, but facebook will not do this. She said that her friends had offered to set her up a Twenty or FB account, so I gently reminded her that you have to be 13 to join and I can check her history ;)

TenerifeTeddy
22-09-2012, 18:33
I sell Mas Movil sims and they do 2 data/call packages that may suit. Monthly rolling contract, so easy to get out of. 1 gb data €14.90 per month + tax, and calls 3c per minute 15c connection charge. or 5Gb data €29.90 plus tax , calls 3c per minute, 15c connection charge. In both contracts if you go over the data limit then each 1 mb is 3c extra (€30 per 1 Gb).

Megaloo
22-09-2012, 19:02
I changed from Vodafone to hits about a year ago and am more than satisfied, I find they are cheaper and as a few friends have Hits the calls to each other are free providing you do not talk longer than 5 mins.

chifleta
22-09-2012, 19:04
Yes... that's what worries me!

We won't let her go on Facebook, even though all her friends are on. I wouldn't have a problem with her going on it I could link it to my account and would get notifications of hers too, but facebook will not do this. She said that her friends had offered to set her up a Twenty or FB account, so I gently reminded her that you have to be 13 to join and I can check her history ;)

I would only let my son go on the computer here in the lounge up till he was 15 or 16... that way I could keep an eye on what he was looking at.... if you having nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about, and i'm pretty open with my son, I think you have to be nowadays.... if they don't like you keeping an eye, then they must have something to hide LOL and if they don't like it, tough, when they move out they can do what they want... I think that's fair... my dad was wayyyyyyyyyyy much stricter than I was, so he must have got up to heaps worse than me :laugh:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I changed from Vodafone to hits about a year ago and am more than satisfied, I find they are cheaper and as a few friends have Hits the calls to each other are free providing you do not talk longer than 5 mins.
I forgot about that LOL I must ring my mate next time because otherwise we end up sending 20 texts to each other when it would have been quicker (and cheaper as she's on hits too) to actually ring her :)

Cruise
23-09-2012, 18:28
We use Yoigo It is 8E a month and you can get her a free phone which uses whatsapp. Calls also from Yoigo to Yoigo are free except for the 15 cents connection charge and we sometimes talk for ages.....But she will be able to get FB and twenti on her phone.....We used the office in Gran Sur