PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone worked on the markets in the south of Tenerife?

chelseamassive
23-09-2012, 10:30
Hi,is there anyone that works,or has worked at the any of the major flea markets in the south,sundays at los cristianos,etc,
Ive a question i need to ask regarding the stalls,can you please send me a message ,much appreciated.

warbey
23-09-2012, 20:14
There should be one or two who have, to My knowledge.

No Details of Who, sorry.

henry
23-09-2012, 20:25
here in guaza you can get one bring your tables or a towel or such to place it on the ground. it only cost 5 euros for your spot. but trust me you REALLY have to come early. people here park their cars at the market the day before. but if you come said 6am then yeah you can get a spot.

OMEND1
23-09-2012, 21:34
here in guaza you can get one bring your tables or a towel or such to place it on the ground. it only cost 5 euros for your spot. but trust me you REALLY have to come early. people here park their cars at the market the day before. but if you come said 6am then yeah you can get a spot.

Not so long ago, I had a spot at the Guaza car boot sale. I got there at 5:20am and got a spot but very soon after that they were all gone. I would say to get there the earlier the better and bring a book or a pillow to have a snooze because although you get there early you are waiting in your car for hours. I sold everything I brought except for a few books and it was well worth it. Be prepared for other sellers to ambush you looking for quality items the minute you get out of your car!

Javi
23-09-2012, 21:53
Hi chelseamassive,

Your best chance would be go in the morning to any of the markets (Los Cristianos, Torviscas, Golf del Sur, Alcalá...) and speak with a member of the staff. All markets above mentioned are run by the same people. They assign the stalls from 08:00 am. but notice that not always you could get a stall. They have some silly rules which flow and change with the wind. For instance, if you want to sell shoes, jewelery, clothes, etc in Los Cristianos or Torviscas, then it would be better you stay at home because they will refuse to give you a stall, that's for sure. Stalls prices depend on the market. They go from 23 to over 30€.

In palces like Playa San Juan or Alcalá surely you can get a stall right now.

Hope this help you.

KirstyJay
23-09-2012, 22:39
chelseamassive hasn't actually mentioned what his question is, as he asks for people to PM him... I dunno if it's something that is really private, but if you actually post you question on the thread you'll get replies a lot faster, plus the info may help another forum member looking for similar info in the future. :)

chelseamassive
10-10-2012, 16:28
Many thanks to all those that messaged me ,much appreciated!

Javi
10-10-2012, 17:34
Hi Chelsemasive!

Perhaps you might already know it, but in order to sell in Los Cristianos or in Adeje market you need to be registered as self employed (Trabajador autónomo).

Regards.

caroll72
23-03-2014, 13:56
What's the current situation like on the market stalls in 2014, (as this thread is quite old now)?
Is it hard to get a stall, is there a waiting list?
Do you still have to be registered as self employed etc?
And finally............ is anyone making any money?
Cheers :wink: