PDA

View Full Version : Consequences of using abusive language

cainaries
24-09-2012, 12:24
OK. I'll fess up. I have a conviction for using abusive language to a police officer. I hadn't even thought about it in 30 years until Thrasher Mitchell was far more abusive to the police who are there to protect him and seems to be going to get away with it.

I would like to see him charged with using abusive language to a police officer. There shouldn't be one law for him and one law for me and all he had to do was push his bike through a gate. If he had had to pay a hugely expensive taxi to take him right across London to collect his car which had cruelly been towed away, I would, of course, have been more sympathetic.

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2012, 12:48
True C always one rule for one...........bla bla bla

(you little devil you:devil2:)

junglejim
24-09-2012, 12:51
I had an argument with a police sergeant many years ago whilst standing with my wife - 10 minutes later a police van drew up and 4 cops got out and bundled me into a van , I spent the night in a cell and my wife was huckled as well for protesting -no foul language was used !
25quid fine each for a breach of peace that never happened and we had no chance of defending !
I also had a kicking off them when I was 17 for playing football in the park -I love the police , not!

Ecky Thump
24-09-2012, 12:58
I had an argument with a police sergeant many years ago whilst standing with my wife - 10 minutes later a police van drew up and 4 cops got out and bundled me into a van , I spent the night in a cell and my wife was huckled as well for protesting -no foul language was used !
25quid fine each for a breach of peace that never happened and we had no chance of defending !
I also had a kicking off them when I was 17 for playing football in the park -I love the police , not!

I smacked a policeman in the mouth for telling me what to do in a threatening manner, it was in front of witnesses in my own home, NO charges were made.......it was my Brother-in-Law who was the copper, he is now a good guy...retired!!:devil2:

ciderhunter
24-09-2012, 12:59
30 years ago most people respected the police and it could not have been a good idea to give the verbals to one of them. These days they are on the receiving end of foul and abusive language on a daily basis. Times have changed, and not for the better.

cainaries
24-09-2012, 13:05
30 years ago most people respected the police and it could not have been a good idea to give the verbals to one of them. These days they are on the receiving end of foul and abusive language on a daily basis. Times have changed, and not for the better.

I agree with you. I'm not trying to excuse myself even if it did strike me as a bit of an over-reaction I don't think the law itself has changed, though, so I would still like to see him fined a fiver.

slodgedad
24-09-2012, 23:04
I know I'll sound like an old fogie but in the day policemen, vicars, school teachers etc etc were respected and talked to with the due deference due.

They were servants of our society doing valuable work which everyone respected.

Now they are treated like slaves in a society that has greater need for them than ever.

Thin end of the wedge is my first thought.

If an elected MP is allowed to talk to the people that glue our society together like that, what future respect can me expect?

At the least, he needs moving, at best prosecuted.

What kind of messages have we been sending out to kids the past 30 years?

Britain, as a society, is now suffering fro the mamby pamby, liberal attitudes of the 80s and 90s.

Rant over.

cainaries
24-09-2012, 23:11
I know I'll sound like an old fogie but in the day policemen, vicars, school teachers etc etc were respected and talked to with the due deference due.

They were servants of our society doing valuable work which everyone respected.

Now they are treated like slaves in a society that has greater need for them than ever.

Thin end of the wedge is my first thought.

If an elected MP is allowed to talk to the people that glue our society together like that, what future respect can me expect?

At the least, he needs moving, at best prosecuted.

What kind of messages have we been sending out to kids the past 30 years?

Britain, as a society, is now suffering fro the mamby pamby, liberal attitudes of the 80s and 90s.

Rant over.

Except by me!! Oh dear. I still want him prosecuted but it seems it is the decision of the individual policeman and he obviously found a more considerate one than I did.