PDA

View Full Version : Beating of a Kitten

pjelec
24-09-2012, 19:37
I need some advice on what to do. My neighbour who is British and we get on with very well has had a builder working on her terrace. I was on my upstairs terrace looking and my Kitten (4 months old) was strolling past him on her terrace on his way home. He picked up his Spirit level and hit him hard on his back. It was a terrifiying thing to see. I gave him what for and he was shocked he had been seen. The guy is Nigel who ownd PBS Builders and i am not ashamed to publish his name. If any pet owners out there do not use his services as he obviously beats animals. Is this something i can not pursue or can i complain.

karinagal
24-09-2012, 20:14
That's shocking - did you take the kitten to the vet to be checked out? That must have been horrifying to witness.. I hope your kitten is ok?

The undisputed queen of de-nial

Andy0210
24-09-2012, 20:17
I need some advice on what to do. My neighbour who is British and we get on with very well has had a builder working on her terrace. I was on my upstairs terrace looking and my Kitten (4 months old) was strolling past him on her terrace on his way home. He picked up his Spirit level and hit him hard on his back. It was a terrifiying thing to see. I gave him what for and he was shocked he had been seen. The guy is Nigel who ownd PBS Builders and i am not ashamed to publish his name. If any pet owners out there do not use his services as he obviously beats animals. Is this something i can not pursue or can i complain.

There´s enough of you in your house to give him a good hiding ;)

YOUNG GOLFER
24-09-2012, 20:24
What a horrible thing to do to a little animal and I think the worst thing that could happen to someone like this man is to do what you have already done.

Named and shamed.

tmfkahs
24-09-2012, 21:22
Tin hat on and waiting for the fallout, but here goes with my view. I hope you allow me an alternative point of view. This is outrageous, but...........

I have a finca. I am a pet lover. I have 2 dogs who I love dearly. They have a large, fenced garden where they can roam freely and daily they are taken out for supervised walks. They do not go onto other peoples property, they do not agitate neighbours and they do not irritate builders who are trying to get on with a job without being disturbed. They are loyal and obedient, but if a cat strays onto our land god help it, there is nothing I can do to stop them, and it is enough to stop them from straying again.

I have been a cat lover. It is great to have a kitten. I know because I have had 12 in my 18 years of living here in Tenerife. They are arrogant, independent, and totally out of control. I do not condone anger and aggresion against any animal, but when you have been disturbed by an animal often enough............the anger and aggresion should be taken out on the pet owner as it is not the kittens fault if it is disturbing the builder? but just imagine what reaction that would have had if the owner had been attacked.

Not everyone is an animal lover. Some people abhor them or are scared of them. It is disturbing (terrifying for the kitten, as it does not understand what it has done wrong) but.......possibly...........finding ***** in the tools or p++s in the sand/cement again and attempting to shoo it away without success.........?

Never blame the pet, blame the owner. I think it would be most responsible as an owner, to keep this kitten inside with a litter tray and enough food and water until this builder has finished.

Just an alternative point of view.

Suzanne
24-09-2012, 21:33
Point taken, but a simple SHOO would have been enough to scare the kitten away. This was a grown man. Your animals are on their property and doing what comes naturally. The builder doesnt/didnt need to resort to violence.

karinagal
24-09-2012, 21:34
I might not agree with all of your points tmfkahs, but I agree that the best way forward is to keep the kitten in until the builder has gone....

karinagal
24-09-2012, 21:36
Point taken, but a simple SHOO would have been enough to scare the kitten away. This was a grown man. Your animals are on their property and doing what comes naturally. The builder doesnt/didnt need to resort to violence.

I agree Suzanne - sounds like a total overkill on the part of the builder.. A 4 month kitten is not big so hardly can be treated as a threat..

YOUNG GOLFER
24-09-2012, 21:45
Sorry but it was a little kitten and to hit it like that is bang out,of order it must of been close to him so maybe it was being friendly.......just hope it's ok and not to scared to go near people again.

pjelec
24-09-2012, 21:54
I probably did not explain correctly. Our dividing wall is about 18ft our side and 6ft on neighbours side. Our Kitten was actually walking along the dividing wall towards our house. He was really not bothering anyone. This is when he was struck. This builder started work on the Villa about 6 weeks ago. He worked for about 2 weeks and had 4 weeks off. It was only this morning he came back. I know cats can irritate people and some people dont like them. My friendly neighbour does not have a problem so why does the builder need to be so violent. I had had to work in Amarillo golf last week with a dog barking next door which is really irritating. Never at any point did i think i should beat it.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Suzanne has said the right thing a SHOO would be enough.

A few things, first The builder would not find mess in their tools as they started work 20 minutes before this happened. Our cats are well looked after all castrated and chipped. Normally its the strays that are out of control. I dont see why I have to keep my animals locked in the house just because a builder dont like them. Our neighbour has not got a problem with them. Beleive me if I was home and seen it he would not have seen his spirit level coming. Lets see him pick on someone who can actually fight back.
Tin hat on and waiting for the fallout, but here goes with my view. I hope you allow me an alternative point of view. This is outrageous, but...........

I have a finca. I am a pet lover. I have 2 dogs who I love dearly. They have a large, fenced garden where they can roam freely and daily they are taken out for supervised walks. They do not go onto other peoples property, they do not agitate neighbours and they do not irritate builders who are trying to get on with a job without being disturbed. They are loyal and obedient, but if a cat strays onto our land god help it, there is nothing I can do to stop them, and it is enough to stop them from straying again.

I have been a cat lover. It is great to have a kitten. I know because I have had 12 in my 18 years of living here in Tenerife. They are arrogant, independent, and totally out of control. I do not condone anger and aggresion against any animal, but when you have been disturbed by an animal often enough............the anger and aggresion should be taken out on the pet owner as it is not the kittens fault if it is disturbing the builder? but just imagine what reaction that would have had if the owner had been attacked.

Not everyone is an animal lover. Some people abhor them or are scared of them. It is disturbing (terrifying for the kitten, as it does not understand what it has done wrong) but.......possibly...........finding ***** in the tools or p++s in the sand/cement again and attempting to shoo it away without success.........?

Never blame the pet, blame the owner. I think it would be most responsible as an owner, to keep this kitten inside with a litter tray and enough food and water until this builder has finished.

Just an alternative point of view.

Mate you dont know the half of it. First Nikki with round one, then Dawn heard the screaming and she came up and that was round two. Then her Niece come up and gave round three. All in the space of 60 seconds. I was working in Candaleria and got the phone call from Nikki in tears. I was so wound up but so far away. Any closer and I would be home. Its not over yet I will be finished in Candaleria this week. Then its round FOUR.
There´s enough of you in your house to give him a good hiding ;)

karinagal
24-09-2012, 23:05
PJ I know exactly what you're saying and you are so right that its not fair to the kitten to keep it locked up when it has not done anything wrong, but sometimes it's better for the animal to keep it out of harms way.... There is no justification for what he did and I'm right with you - if it had been me I would be locked up for assault right now - but for your own peace of mind you might be best to keep the little one in until the builder has gone..

honda
25-09-2012, 16:33
Is there nothing like a R.S.P.C.A. here? This chap needs reporting to someone.

carpenter
25-09-2012, 22:05
So apart from whinging what have you done about it.

IF IT WAS ONE OF MY ANIMALS THEN I WOULD NOT BE POSTING I'D BE KNOCKING!

This was on Facebook yesterday and quickly descended into a slanging match. If the guy is guilty then prosecute, do not slanderize his name without proof or approaching him first.

I do not condone any animal cruelty but innocent until proven guilty and all that, and one building company slagging off another?

YOUNG GOLFER
25-09-2012, 22:20
So apart from whinging what have you done about it.

IF IT WAS ONE OF MY ANIMALS THEN I WOULD NOT BE POSTING I'D BE KNOCKING!

This was on Facebook yesterday and quickly descended into a slanging match. If the guy is guilty then prosecute, do not slanderize his name without proof or approaching him first.

I do not condone any animal cruelty but innocent until proven guilty and all that, and one building company slagging off another?

But from what I read carpenter he saw this guy hit the cat that must be proof enough.

carpenter
25-09-2012, 22:28
But from what I read carpenter he saw this guy hit the cat that must be proof enough.

This is what really makes me laugh.

For example lets use Eugenio at LA. He was allegedly seen, videoed, documented police reports were made, witnesses came forward etc etc you get the picture, and still people don't get it, refuse to believe it so what is one person saying something against someone else going to do apart from cause an uproar?
Also YG you weren't reading correctly because it wasn't a "he" that saw it!

euroteide
26-09-2012, 08:45
I hope your kitten is fine and didn`t get any severe injuries, hopefully the man learns a lesson and does not try this out again.

mitsi
26-09-2012, 09:41
hi Carpenter this has got nothing to do with want work PJ and Nigel do it is to do with what i seen Nigel do and if paul wants to let all know what a nasty man he is he can .Paul even gave Nigel lots of spare blocks we had last time to do the wall so dont even go there .Paul is so busy he cant even give work away as there are not enough builders here with the right paper work . AS for my kitten he seems ok just a bit brusied and scared now but im not finised yet anyone that could even think about harming anything so small will never get any respect from me again this kitten called star came from K9 and it so sweet .I have 2 more both rescued and these three just sleep on the front allday one has asthma and one is blind but in the area there is around 150 -200 strays . i know i cant help them all but i do my best with what i have .I even sat for 20mins with a stray dog that had been run over till it died and im not a dog lover but i could not let it go alone.hope this helps carpenter because its me dealing with it not my partner but like they say famliy will stick together

BoPeep
26-09-2012, 09:48
I know a builder we wont be using......!

Best thing to do is keep the kittens out of harms way until the bully goes, poor little thing.

honda
26-09-2012, 13:22
and one building company slagging off another?[/QUOTE]

I know Paul and he has no need to slag off other builders...... Also, he's not that kind of person.

YOUNG GOLFER
26-09-2012, 13:50
Well let's forget the (builders at war) as some make out.....there is no excuse whats so ever to hit a animal in that way it could of broke it's back poor thing. This time it's a kitten the next time maybe could be your pet.
Hope your kitten gets well soon.

Balcony
26-09-2012, 14:53
Cats tend to know no boundaries when they are out. They tend to go where they please, poo where they please etc. It's difficult to restrict them unless locked inside some area.

I can well understand some frustration with cats...we have two. We have a lot of cats in the area and they come into our garden too. I do shoo them away coz our two are a bit timid with other cats, but I'dnever hit/kick at them. You have to tackle someone you see being cruel to any animal...in the absence of a group like the RSPCA make sure they know you saw what they did and make sure they know it'll get passed on. Be factual, be calm, but firm. If they abuse you, then denouce them to the police.

carpenter
26-09-2012, 15:57
Well let's forget the (builders at war) as some make out.....there is no excuse whats so ever to hit a animal in that way it could of broke it's back poor thing. This time it's a kitten the next time maybe could be your pet.
Hope your kitten gets well soon.

So glad the kitten is ok that's 1st and foremost.

But you are all missing my point. One person's word against another's on something as serious as this especially when the accused hasn't had his say doesn't mean jack!
It's absolutely disgusting how the same people are on here saying poor kitty and saying that surely if someone saw it happen then that's proof enough?" but they still turned a blind eye to all the animal abuse that allegedly happened at LA.

You can't have it both ways!!!!!!!

OP, Please confront the builder and let him publish his own defence!

Your comment YG "Next time it could be your pet" I understand is a hypothetical statement as no one would dare to strike my Dobermans or Staffy crosses but even if I saw someone hurt an animal for no reason then nothing would stop me doing the same to them.

This is a slanderous thread as no proof has been submitted. Make a police report and then it becomes an alleged offence if they press charges. If he gets found guilty, then, and only then you can say he did it.

Otherwise a different estate agent could start making up stuff about you YG like how they saw you filling a bag full of kittens and threw them into a reservoir just because they want to corner the market.

You need proof!!!!!

mitsi
26-09-2012, 17:56
carpenter i have had all this in the past with a man who let his dog attack the strays and i lost one of my cats which i had for five years the only thing is now he takes his dog higher up where we can not see him . i have no chance as its me him and his mate who did not see it but im sure to keep his job he will say he did .all i want to do is warn people if you have cats to be careful im not a liar and would not say anything as bad as this about anyone .i would understand if he lived here but he dont and these cat go a long the wall in the morning to follow paul in the van then they come back and use the litter tray because they are trained but like us they do get caught short and when you got to go .Right i have had my burst because cats dogs builder v builder can go on and on Star is sat here with me now and im lucky to still have him just had to let people know what this man was like and i will name and shame anyone that harms animals

pjelec
26-09-2012, 18:29
So sorry my wife did not get a video to prove to you. The reason why we posted it on here as we were disgusted that someone could do this to an animal. We do not want any other customers to go through the same thing when they are out.

My Wife saw this not myself I was at work.

Thats kind to say tha,t as we do not need to slag other builders off. If people read Mitsis quote it does say that I gave this builder a load of blocks to build the wall. And this is meant to be not helping each other. Thanks again
and one building company slagging off another?

I know Paul and he has no need to slag off other builders...... Also, he's not that kind of person.[/QUOTE]

carpenter
26-09-2012, 20:06
So sorry my wife did not get a video to prove to you. The reason why we posted it on here as we were disgusted that someone could do this to an animal. We do not want any other customers to go through the same thing when they are out.

You are missing the point, I'm not having a go at you, I want to hear from all the LA supporters that tried saying that the cruelty didn't happen and yet one report from your family gets them showing disgust for that builder's treatment of a defenceless creature. It's really hypocritical and I'm sorry for showing my disgust in them on this thread.

I do think that the OP was slightly strange. It started by asking for advice and finished by naming and shaming him! Please go to the police and report him.

I'm not accusing you of slagging off a fellow builder I'm saying he could use it as easy defence that you were.

I'm glad your cat is OK, I'm not starting a fight, I just like to hear 100% unquestionable facts before a have any negative opinion of anyone.

Have a good evening :)

SuzyQ
26-09-2012, 23:13
APOLOGIES FOR OFF TOPIC POST.........After coming close to a breakdown this summer due to the level of abuse levelled at me because of my involvement with Live Arico, I made a promise to myself to never be drawn into online discussions about it again. But I feel I have to say something here, and I will deal with the consequences later. I realise you will use every opportunity to bring up ALLEGED animal abuse at LA Tony, but the facts are this. No charges have been brought. Could this be because the only people with all this "evidence" simultaneously waged a hate campaign on Eugenio and the leadership of LA, me included, thus discrediting said "evidence"? It has all come to nothing in the end. I too was disturbed to see the video of Eugenio punishing Pancho for attacking Micky the cocker, I could not do that, but the FACT is that Pancho became a better, calmer dog, I loved him to pieces. And where is he now? He is dead, because he reverted to his old ways in Fasnia and has paid with his life. The dog I sent there with a kiss on his head and a promise that it would be alright.
I am sorry to hijack the thread about the poor kitten, and I hope he is ok. A friend of mine witnessed a kitten being clipped by a car a few weeks ago in Torviscas. The little mite was rolling around on the ground, and before she could help a man came out of a bar, stamped on its head, ground it to the floor, then picked it up by its tail and threw it in the bin. Sadly, this is the world we live in.

LA is moving on, and still has massive support. People saw through the shallow campaign to bring it down, and although my involvement is far less than it was, I want it to go on. That is my last word on it.

carpenter
26-09-2012, 23:56
I've decided to delete my post.

slodgedad
27-09-2012, 00:08
After all the reports of slander, backbiting and off topic posts I have closed this thread until it can be sorted out.

It started with a report of someone being seen to kick a cat and then the cat no longer seemed to figure in the discussion.