PDA

View Full Version : Urine and blood test containers (urgent help needed)

realejos
25-09-2012, 23:05
Tomorrow Iat 8:00 I have to be in the health center to give blood and urine samples. Last time I got 2 containers - one for urine and one for blood.
This time I got 2 containers and information on both containers says they are for urine. I am confused.

1st container:

Information says this is for urine, sperm, sputum, faeces, saliva, pus.

2nd container:

Second container says it's only for urine.

Is it possible that I should bring urine in 2 conteiners?

Megaloo
25-09-2012, 23:15
When I have had a blood test they give you the tubes there depending on what blood tests you are having.

Regarding urine the big container is to pass urine in then tip some in the tube to take with you. Make sure you pass the first drop of urine in the toilet then pee in the larger of the two. Hope that makes sense. That is what I have always done only take the small file with you.

realejos
25-09-2012, 23:29
Thanks Megaloo. Yes, last time I had a tube for blood. This time I don't understand anything :(

slodgedad
25-09-2012, 23:53
When my wife goes for the same tests she only gets the urine container as it has to be done on waking.

She has never had one for blood as it is supplied, sterile, on the day.

As megallo said the large one is for using and then you put it in the small phial. (Be difficult if you only had the small one). :)

seanocelt
26-09-2012, 01:25
Great help as always guys.

realejos
26-09-2012, 06:54
The large one is for using and then you put it in the small phial.

If the large one (with a red top) is to pass urine in, what is the purpose of white plastic glass which comes together with the small phial?

dede
26-09-2012, 07:42
I hope this info is not too late but you fill both containers with urine, there are different tests they do with both samples (a more complex test) the blood sample will be given to you when you arrive. Hope youve done this or you will be turned away.PS you fill the glass one as well.

realejos
26-09-2012, 08:39
dede, thanks a lot. Yes, both are urine containers. :)

chifleta
26-09-2012, 21:50
If I was you, i'd pee in both big containers a bit, and pass a bit of the first one to the small tube with lid, take all three and see what they ask for when you get there :) drink plenty of water tonight hahahahaha......