PDA

View Full Version : Hooray! Seats now bookable on Easyjet flights.

penelope pitstop
26-09-2012, 20:36
At last Easyjet have let people book their seats without having a free for all to get to the plane! For £4 per seat one way, well worth getting the seat you want.

I think they now ought to refund those if us who paid for 'Speedy Boarding' before they introduced the fee for pre-booking the seats. At the moment we have paid for both & have asked for a refund; but I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get it!

delderek
26-09-2012, 21:12
At last Easyjet have let people book their seats without having a free for all to get to the plane! For £4 per seat one way, well worth getting the seat you want.

I think they now ought to refund those if us who paid for 'Speedy Boarding' before they introduced the fee for pre-booking the seats. At the moment we have paid for both & have asked for a refund; but I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get it!

You need to read this from Easyjet.

The current boarding process will remain. Passengers who:
have Speedy Boarding
have a Flexi Fare ticket
are an easyJet Plus! cardholder
have an Extra Legroom seat, or
have an Up Front seat

are entitled to Speedy Boarding and so can board the aircraft first. They will be followed by passengers requiring special assistance and then all other passengers.

tfs1
26-09-2012, 21:31

We are in the same situation. However, like us we had already paid for speedy boarding (I think it was £9.50 each) and with the introduction of allocated seating our speedy boarding was converted into 'first on' and automatically had reserved seats in row 2 - not the extra legroom we wanted.

So we paid an extra £4 each, as we had previously paid for sppedy boarding and reserved extra legroom seating over the wing.

For those who are now booking and want extra legroom seats the cost is £12 a seat/flight. Until this change comes in late November speeedy boarding is the same process as now, first on gets the extra legroom !!! and thats our plan for next week !!!!!

delderek
26-09-2012, 22:25
We are in the same situation. However, like us we had already paid for speedy boarding (I think it was £9.50 each) and with the introduction of allocated seating our speedy boarding was converted into 'first on' and automatically had reserved seats in row 2 - not the extra legroom we wanted.

So we paid an extra £4 each, as we had previously paid for sppedy boarding and reserved extra legroom seating over the wing.

For those who are now booking and want extra legroom seats the cost is £12 a seat/flight. Until this change comes in late November speeedy boarding is the same process as now, first on gets the extra legroom !!! and thats our plan for next week !!!!!

The only trouble with those seats row 12 and 13, is you get served from the trolleys last, as they start at the front and back. I cant see why they don't change this and start in the middle for one leg of the journey.

murph
27-09-2012, 00:17
Aren't seats now being allocated on baggage check-in as well - or was that Ryan Air?

If so, just get there early and you wont have to pay the £4, just the extra leg-room payment of required!

tfs1
27-09-2012, 06:58
Easyjet, from late November, will also be allocating seats at checkin for those who havent reserved and paid for seating prior to arrival.

They will try and group families together who havent prebooked seating but of course cann't guarentee it.

The new fees for reserving seating depends where you want to sit. These of course are per person / flight.

£12 to reserve 'extra legroom' premium seats.
£8 to reserve seats in rows 2-5 / 2-6 (depending on the aircraft).
£3 to reserve any other seat.

The £4 reference is an additional payment for those of us who have already paid (£8.50 or was it £9.50?) for 'speedy boarding' which was the only option prior to reserved seating being introduced and now want to sit in an extra legroom seat. Just for these flights and due to our circumstances we are paying £12.50 (or maybe £13.50) rather than £12.

penelope pitstop
27-09-2012, 13:19
I wondered why the prices were more for the extra leg room seats next year, now I know it's because we have already paid for speedy boarding. If you book your seat you won't need speedy boarding!

tfs1
27-09-2012, 14:43
Pen Pit - as you have paid for speedy boarding for a flight after Nov 2012 you will have already been allocated seats and you can see what seats you have by logging onto Easyjets 'manage bookings' and seeing the seats numbers, we had been allocated 2A and 2B.

We then paid an extra £4 each and moved from those seats to the over wing extra legroom seats. All done and paid for online through the 'manage bookings' facility.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Anyone know if the reserve seating changes will still provide dedicated checkin desks at various airports for those choosing extra legroom / premium seating ?

penelope pitstop
27-09-2012, 17:15
[QUOTE=tfs1;221566]Pen Pit - as you have paid for speedy boarding for a flight after Nov 2012 you will have already been allocated seats and you can see what seats you have by logging onto Easyjets 'manage bookings' and seeing the seats numbers, we had been allocated 2A and 2B.

We then paid an extra £4 each and moved from those seats to the over wing extra legroom seats. All done and paid for online through the 'manage bookings' facility.

Thanks tfs1, I looked last week on the off chance & saw the seats we have been allocated so changed them before we received the e mail informing is we could now book our seats.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -[/COL

Redevo
02-10-2012, 14:01
I've booked our " extra legroom " seats , managed to get 1A 1B , a lot extra too pay i know but i suffer from chronic back pain so extra leg room is a must .

penelope pitstop
02-10-2012, 14:53
I've booked our " extra legroom " seats , managed to get 1A 1B , a lot extra too pay i know but i suffer from chronic back pain so extra leg room is a must .
Don't mention to the crew you have back problems as only able bodied people are supposed to seat in those extra legroom seats. We too have booked the same seat numbers as you for our return flights in November.

Redevo
02-10-2012, 15:20
Don't mention to the crew you have back problems as only able bodied people are supposed to seat in those extra legroom seats. We too have booked the same seat numbers as you for our return flights in November.

I am able bodied , back pain comes from prolonged sitting down , plus we don't get caught up in the stampede to exit the plane on landing

Redevo
05-11-2012, 14:00
Can anyone tell me if you've booked your allocated seats what desk do you check on ? , in the normal lane or at the Speedy Boarding , i've emailed Easyjet last week but did'nt get a reply .

penelope pitstop
05-11-2012, 14:44
You check in as normal, you can only use the speedy boarding desk if you have paid the fee for it. You don't need to bother with speedy boarding with pre booked seats as if you get on the plane last you have your seats allocated so there is no need to rush to get on.

kingbaker
05-11-2012, 18:25

Shoudda booked with Ryanair...............£12 per seat.....I hope that you haven't got 9 kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::D

penelope pitstop
05-11-2012, 18:30
Wouldn't travel with Ryanair if I was paid to!

Regarding seat allocation, I think for flights from now on it applies; I maybe wrong so you had better check. You may get on the plane with speedy boarding & find you can't get the seats you want because someone else has pre booked them. Check online to see if the seats have already been booked for your flight.

Fivepence
05-11-2012, 18:44
Wouldn't travel with Ryanair if I was paid to!

Regarding seat allocation, I think for flights from now on it applies; I maybe wrong so you had better check. You may get on the plane with speedy boarding & find you can't get the seats you want because someone else has pre booked them. Check online to see if the seats have already been booked for your flight.

You may not have many options in the future PP.

Ryanair targets 50pc increase in passengers over next decade (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/9655870/Ryanair-targets-50pc-increase-in-passengers-over-next-decade.html) ;)

Redevo
28-11-2012, 16:19
You check in as normal, you can only use the speedy boarding desk if you have paid the fee for it. You don't need to bother with speedy boarding with pre booked seats as if you get on the plane last you have your seats allocated so there is no need to rush to get on.

Just got Email from Easyjet seems you can check in online with hold luggage as well as hand luggage , print out your boarding passes and leave cases at bag drop and straight on to security .

Skeggy
29-11-2012, 08:55
Where is the Bag Drop at Reina Sofia ? as I have always checked in online but still gone through check in with hold bags.

Coming out here from Manchester it was just as quick checking in as waiting in the Bag drop queue.

samnickgodber
29-11-2012, 10:36
It will be there,, can´t remember what it will say on the tv above it,,,, they should have 3 desks, two for check-in the 3rd for bag drop xxx

malagabob
29-11-2012, 10:40
Where is the Bag Drop at Reina Sofia ? as I have always checked in online but still gone through check in with hold bags.

Coming out here from Manchester it was just as quick checking in as waiting in the Bag drop queue.

They will be in departures Skeggy.

David29971
29-11-2012, 17:00
It is beyond the Thomas Cook check area furthest away from the arrivals area. I think the desk numbers were in the 50's
I used it on Friday (having checked in on line) and it was very efficient especially if you have Speedy Boarding.