PDA

View Full Version : Other Does anyone know Judith McFadden in Tenerife?

kiwiphil
26-09-2012, 22:28
Hi all,

I'm trying to get hold of Judith McFadden. A few weeks ago Judith unfortunately bumped into our car and dented the passenger door so as its no longer usable. Judith kindly left me a note and her phone number. I spoke to Judith a few days later and we agreed that we'd get quotes and speak again in a few days.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get hold of Judith since then, though I have left a number of messages. Having left us her phone number in the first instance I am sure Judith does intend to get in touch and pay for the necessary repairs but it is now becoming urgent as it really is quite difficult using a car with only one working front door.

If you know Judith could you please encourage her to give me a call so we can get this sorted. I am not expecting the cost of the repair to be substantial.

I am in the UK for a couple of days but it would be great if Judith could call me over the weekend, or answer her phone tomorrow / Friday when I call.

Thanks, Phil

dipper
02-10-2012, 13:32
have you been to her place of business?

kiwiphil
02-10-2012, 13:53
Not yet, its the next step. I was hoping she would realise she needs to deal with this. I have emailed her as well now, and posted on the facebook page. If only Judith would accept that this isn't going to go away and call me so we can sort it. I wouldn't want to damage her business by having a discussion in a public place or in front of her clients, or contacting them directly until I am left with no other option. At this stage getting the police involved seems a little over the top too, especially when she has admitted responsibility on a note to me.

But now that I know her business I feel confident that Judith will be in touch shortly. It would just be crazy not to. So anyone on here who know Judith really should encourage her to call me.

dipper
02-10-2012, 14:04
If you are reluctant to visit maybe you should email her on the following lines.

" I have tried to contact you on a number of occasions without success. I feel I have been reasonable and I am sure you are as eager as I am to settle this on an amicable basis. I am therefore prepared to wait a further 7 days for you to respond positively with your proposal for recompense. In the event I do not hear from you within that timeframe I will have no alternative than to take more drastic measures "

Balcony
02-10-2012, 15:46
If the lady is in business on Tenerife then I would suggest you visit her premises - if for nothing else than to make she she is the lady who had the accident. You can't rule out someone just handing out a fake name!

kiwiphil
02-10-2012, 16:04
Thanks for the tips. I know its the right person as I spoke to her once on the number she left and the number is also the one advertised on the business website. I will visit at the weekend if I don't get a response to my email and postings. I'll go armed with a few flyers of the damage and the note admitting it.

I really just don't get it - leaving a note admitting responsibility with your name and number and then ignoring me .... Its just not logical !! :)

Angusjim
02-10-2012, 16:08
Thanks for the tips. I know its the right person as I spoke to her once on the number she left and the number is also the one advertised on the business website. I will visit at the weekend if I don't get a response to my email and postings. I'll go armed with a few flyers of the damage and the note admitting it.

I really just don't get it - leaving a note admitting responsibility with your name and number and then ignoring me .... Its just not logical !! :)

But we are talking about a female driver :D:whistle::crylaughing:

dipper
04-10-2012, 15:15
Has she responded yet?

Hey Jude
04-10-2012, 16:22
You must be scottish! :c2:

kiwiphil
04-10-2012, 16:38
Yes! Posting on her business facebook page brought a fairly swift response. I think there is a good understanding now that I am not going to let this go away. She wants to do this via insurance but I doubt that it'll be more than her excess. I'll follow through with this though but make sure that the priority is getting my car fixed (and me not paying for it :))

Thanks all for your help, this is going to work out fine. See you at the party Saturday!

dipper
04-10-2012, 21:42
Be on the safe side and notify your own insurance just in case she tries to lay the blame on you. Tell tehm your are "reporting it as an incident and not making a claim"

timmylish
05-10-2012, 02:43
You MUST do a report to your Insurer. Its normally a condition of the Policy if a claim is to be made! Let them deal with her.

TF1
05-10-2012, 10:03
You MUST do a report to your Insurer. Its normally a condition of the Policy if a claim is to be made! Let them deal with her.
Perhaps the lady is hoping that the claim is made too late for her to be held liable? Normally you have to report to insurance and / or police within a certain time?

kiwiphil
05-10-2012, 10:33
What is a typical insurance excess in Spain? If her insurance won't cover it then she will have to, its not a worry to me, I really don't care either way :) Being reliant on a Facebook page for business does make it difficult for her to hide.

I have lodged a notification with my Insurance now as suggested (thanks!!) and will now pass on my details to Judith and see what happens next. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long to get sorted.

kiwiphil
07-10-2012, 12:18
Hi,

Thought I'd share a photo of the damage. Unfortunately Judith has advised me that she is now in hospital so I will have a wait until she feels better before she contacts her insurance company. Wonderful. Getting a bit frustrated by this really.

I do feel confident it will all work out though. A conman tried to take us for a ride on a bathroom renovation back in London a couple of years ago. This all worked out and he actually paid us back over £1,000 despite being chased by the police, trading standards and countless other victims. He decided that I was more of a threat to his "business" than all of the others.

So if you know Judith, please encourage her to deal with me quickly and professionally. It has been over a month since the incident and we have been than reasonable so far.

dede
07-10-2012, 14:03
What i cant understand is if she was trying to get away with it why bother leaving a note with her phone number on???? she could have just scrawled anything on a piece of paper ( not that i would do that ):sorry:

dipper
07-10-2012, 16:43
Dont waste any more time. Write to her giving her 1`0 days in which to pay or you will commence legal action

kiwiphil
07-10-2012, 17:53
What i cant understand is if she was trying to get away with it why bother leaving a note with her phone number on???? she could have just scrawled anything on a piece of paper ( not that i would do that ):sorry:

This has me baffled too. I am guessing the burst of honesty passed and is now regretted. I think we can assume that the next person Judith bumps into won't get a note!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Dont waste any more time. Write to her giving her 1`0 days in which to pay or you will commence legal action

Maybe, though I'm not spending too long on it. There are a number of additional things I can do to apply a bit more pressure first. It would be good to know if she really is in hospital or if this is just a line expecting a sympathetic response.

How long does the denouncia process take to run its course, and what will it cost me to go through this process?

TF1
08-10-2012, 09:30
She probably left a note because someone saw her do the damage and perhaps took her details. She´s buying time now; if you don´t make a police denuncia and insurance claim within a certain time after the incident, you may lose your chance of getting this resolved in your favour, and she´ll just walk away with her NCB.

dipper
28-11-2012, 19:06
Anyone know what the outcome was?

kiwiphil
28-11-2012, 19:50
The outcome was good.

We are going to get the repair done in the next few weeks and will be claiming it on Judith's insurance. I have spoken to the insurance assessor and all is in order. Its actually the same company we use (IBEX), so nice and easy.

Thanks for the assistance and also to Judith for doing the right thing. All's well that ends well.