PDA

View Full Version : Appeal for family in North Tenerife

Fred Perry
27-09-2012, 23:52
APPEAL; Armada Sur has been made aware of the plight of a desperate Santa Cruz family of 8(known to one of the fan club members) who are currently in dire straits and can hardly afford to feed their children. The authorities & charities say they cannot help and even the childrens school dinners have been withdrawn because the family cannot afford the 36€ per child. In conjuction with the CDT Fan Clubs we are collecting food (only non-perishable) before Sunday´s game. We can take on our bus and leave in our bar in S/Cruz and it will be taken to the family the next day. If we can help it would be great in these times of crisis. Thanks.

YOUNG GOLFER
27-09-2012, 23:57
Count me in I will bring some items.
Find out if there are any children and what ages maybe we can get some clothes or toys.
Maybe the pre-match football card could help them also.

Just thinking in this case why not start a new thread......not everone reads football threads.......and in this case it's about helping people so they don't go hungry not football.:)

KirstyJay
28-09-2012, 00:13
Just thinking in this case why not start a new thread......not everone reads football threads.......and in this case it's about helping people so they don't go hungry not football.:)

I've split the thread :) Fred Perry

I'm sure if anyone on the forum has any stuff they can donate for the family, then they can drop it off at YOUNG GOLFER's shop HERE (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Properties+Are+Us,+Tenerife,+Santa+Cruz+de+ Tenerife,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.08103,-16.732907&spn=0.030783,0.052786&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=55.849851,108.105469&oq=properties+are+us,+tenerife&t=h&hq=Properties+Are+Us,&hnear=Santa+Cruz+de+Tenerife,+Province+of+Santa+Cr uz+de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&z=15&iwloc=A) and we can sort out getting it to Santa Cruz to the collection points :)

karinagal
28-09-2012, 09:00
Anything we can do from the UK? Would someone be willing to collect PayPal donations and either pass on the funds or buy them groceries?

candy2411
28-09-2012, 09:56
This is so sad and I am appalled to think there is nothing the authorities or charities can do to help particularly where the children are involved.

I don't know anything at all re the welfare system in the Canaries but this is still Spain and surely there must be some help available.

If members can donate then thats great but this is likely to be only a quick fix and will only help in the interim.

is it possible there is help available , but the family need assistance in getting it maybe phased by bureaucracy ??

Fred Perry
28-09-2012, 11:13
Thanks for the interest. This is just a quick fix as it is urgent so we are only collecting food for this Sunday.
We will be adding cash as well through our "golden goal" competition so an extra 50/70€ will be collected I am sure.

Fred Perry
30-09-2012, 16:33
Fantastic response by everyone today. We collected I would say roughly 200€ worth of food plus another 70€ in cash. Everything donated will be taken to the family tomorrow. Thanks again to all.

http://i49.tinypic.com/f6n3b.jpg

As for the match, Tenerife drew which was a bit of a dissapointment but we are still clear at the top of the league!