PDA

View Full Version : How do I upload from camcorder to YouTube?

seanocelt
28-09-2012, 02:32
Someone on our great forum has experience of uploading camcorder to youtube...i hope? Following instructions from Panasonic camcorder but not getting results, any help appreciated as i have made a few promises to tourists about a video!!e

obs
28-09-2012, 10:02
Hi Sean, I can't tell you how, but I would imagine member Vortex wake would be the man to talk to, he's always posting vids on line. :tiphat:

Vortex Wake
28-09-2012, 10:56
Firstly , can you view the videos on the PC and do you have a YouTube account ?

If the video in on an sd memory card - put the card into the PC to view and upload it to YouTube. Connecting the camcorder by USB to PC can be a fag - hence using the above method.

Remember , videos can be very large files - hence they can take an hour or two to upload.

seanocelt
28-09-2012, 11:36
Thanks, we have no slot to put the card into the laptop, could put it into printer/scanner. would that help?

Vortex Wake
28-09-2012, 12:16
You can try . It may depend on age of the printer and whether the correct drivers are used - but basically , once you can locate the video file on the laptop , you should be able to upload it to YouTube.

seanocelt
29-09-2012, 13:25
We can get the file to play on dvd in windows media player but too complicated ripping it then -youtube - converting it. Video cam has you tube setting which we did the recording on but after hours of trying to transfer it then getting told at the end it couldnt been done has now totally sickened me, so, if anyone on here can convert a dvd to youtube in Tenerife lease let me know, will have to pay for it. Thanks.

Harmonicaman
29-09-2012, 13:39
You've probably seen all this Sean, but if not, it may help...
http://www.steves-digicams.com/knowledge-center/how-tos/online-sharing-social-networking/how-to-upload-to-youtube-from-a-camcorder.html

seanocelt
30-09-2012, 02:29
My wife (Irish,smart and patient) sorted it, as i (Scottish , dumb-ass and a nippy wee *******) couldnt suss it out. Thanks guys for offering to help.

Clips like this are now on Youtube (Whiskey Jar Tenerife Seany D, or my Facebook page, just a taste of the pub's atmosphere).c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpNi4uOGq0E&feature=share