PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Phones Does anone know of a company in Tenerife or Spain that provide free SIP lines?

KirstyJay
28-09-2012, 21:07
Hi all,

I have been searching Google in Spanish for companies that provide free 902 or preferably 922 numbers (i.e. Spanish landlines) that you can set up with a SIP device and get calls on your PC.

The main reason for this is that my daughter's mates call her up all the time and Spanish landline calls are usually free from another landline if they have internet these days (and most people do), so I have no problem with her calling her mates, but the incessant ringing of the phone next to my desk 4 or 5 times and me having to act as her secretary is a bit much when they call her.

If she could have her own number that I could set up to ring on her PC in her room, then that would be great... cutting out me as the middle man, and letting her have her 'phone' freedom :)

So... suggestions of SIP providers on a postcard please :D

doncarlos
29-09-2012, 07:49
Depending on exactly what it is that you're after, this may not be as straightforward (or economical) as it may seem. You need to have some sort of SIP server to do the routing, I use Asterisk at home. One simple approach would be to use TerraSIP (http://www.terrasip.com/index.php?) or buy some Skype credit.

Wish you were here!