PDA

View Full Version : Vets The wrong vet

Macypuppy
29-09-2012, 15:14
I just wanted to let people know about my very bad experience of a vet here in the South of Tenerife. I had a puppy some 7 years ago. I decided to take her to an English speaking vet for my convenience. I had previously worked as a veterinary nurse in the U.K. and so I was a bit took back when my puppy had her injections in her back! I then thought that this is the way they do it here. I then decided that she should be spayed and cut out all the nonsense of her having seasons. I knew something had gone wrong when I went to collect my puppy and was told she wasn’t ready for collection. When I eventually got her back, instead of having a 2-3inch scar she had been cut considerably more. When I questioned this I was told it was because she was fat? Utter rubbish. However in the past 7 years my puppy has had regular seasons twice a year!!!!!!!!! She also has lumps down her side at the site of her injections.
I have challenged the vet and was told that it is a condition that sometimes can happen. I obviously changed my vet. She is currently recovering from having yet again another operation. Guess what she has been spayed again. The vet found part of her uterus and her left ovary. Now how do I challenge this? I know what I would like to do but!!!!!!!
I have heard that this vet has had to move to different premises, and she has been denounced on a few occasions. :redcard:

TIS
29-09-2012, 16:14
Seek the advice of a lawyer - We have one utilising our office on Tuesdays and THursdays or by appointment.

Macypuppy
29-09-2012, 18:28
Seek the advice of a lawyer - We have one utilising our office on Tuesdays and THursdays or by appointment.

It's been 7 years since she butchered my puppy. Maybe it's too long. I was thinking of a denuncia!!

TIS
29-09-2012, 18:35
Wouldn't the same criteria apply in that case?

Andy0210
29-09-2012, 20:27
It wouldn´t be the female vet that used to be in the Valdez Centre by any chance would it above Reuben Musical?

Macypuppy
30-09-2012, 01:10
No, it was in another past of Los Cristianos.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Yes probably I am not sure what the time scale is for a formal complaint. I really should have done something earlier, but had no proof until my puppy was operated on this week.