PDA

View Full Version : Can you buy prescription medicines from chemists in Tenerife?

twicenightly13
30-09-2012, 18:43
Can you buy prescription medicine from the chemist in Tenerifel eg:amoxicillan or inhailers? And if so any particular chemist? Advised i can no longer do this, is it true?

chocaholic
30-09-2012, 18:58
You nEed a prescription and even the odd one that used to allow this are strict now

kingbaker
30-09-2012, 21:23
Can you buy prescription medicine from the chemist in Tenerifel eg:amoxicillan or inhailers? And if so any particular chemist? Advised i can no longer do this, is it true?

What type of inhaler?:wave:

slodgedad
01-10-2012, 00:13
You could get Ventolin over the counter in the 24 hour chemist in Torviscas last year and in the one near Veronicas.

karaokeking
01-10-2012, 09:59
I presume if you want any medication, you first have to see a doctor, so how much do they charge, as well as paying for your prescription.
Also what about pensioners will we get them free. Thanks.

craftycarder
02-10-2012, 08:17
I have bought the seratide inhaler over the counter quite a few times. Its around 78 euros. The chemist I used was the medical centre at Golf del Sur.

janette01
16-01-2013, 01:51
We were thinking of retiring to Tenerife in the near future,but my husband is on morphine and wondered
if it was expensive to buy there or if like the Uk is available on prescription. Any help appreciated x

bonitatime
16-01-2013, 08:12
It is only available on prescription

honda
17-01-2013, 14:13
You can still buy the blue ventolin inhaler over the counter, I do myself. But things seem to be on the change with everything at the moment, so do not know if this will last. Antibiotics are now on prescription only, now.

universal
17-01-2013, 17:26

By definition you can only buy "prescription medicine" with a prescription.
What you will find, however, is that medicines which require a prescription in Spain will vary
from those for which a prescription is needed in the U.K.