PDA

View Full Version : Other Would I be able to sell my sponge cakes in Tenerife?

pringles
01-10-2012, 19:26
Just a random question, I've Been told I am good at baking sponge cake, would I be able to sell sponge cake in Tenerife?? :confused:

And...anyone need a cleaner? :cheeky:

chocaholic
01-10-2012, 20:26
Yes if you intend to register as self employed, take hygiene course, pay ur social security and taxes. The same applies to sponge cakes or cleaning.

pringles
05-10-2012, 09:58
Thank you! :)

kayscakes
22-10-2012, 11:17
I am a baker and have been making and selling cakes for the past 6 months. What I can tell you is that if you are looking to make a living at making and supplying cakes here, you will probably struggle.
There is a major resession here and people are cutting back on non-essential spending- even bars and restaurants that i used to get regular orders from have now gone for buying in cheaper, frozen cakes and desserts! it's impossible to cover overheads and still be competitive if you are self-employed. Also worth bearing in mind is getting ingredients and decorating sundries- if you CAN get what you need, things are expensive and cut drastically into your profit margins! I even tried advertising in the english papers here- 160 euros for a month and only TWO enquiries! lol

languagefan
22-10-2012, 13:34
I have seen several ads in local papers recently that the Croquant cafe in the centre of los Cristianos (near the church sq) is looking for a pastry chef...thought this might interest you....