PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect to find in your accomodation on arrival to Tenerife

sunspot
17-06-2011, 21:09
With the little baggage allowance allocation these days ,what would you expect to find as standard in your holiday accomodation?
The reason im interested is we met some people who booked an apartment who were told they had to supply thier own tea-towels and kitchen clothes as they were not supplied,surely this is not the norm?

LindaD
17-06-2011, 22:01
We've always had tea-towels, hand and bath towels, and even beach towels in our apartment at Parque 3 & 4 and would have thought that would be the norm Sunspot. However I've always had to bring my own kitchen cloths. Don't know what is standard in private lets, but would imagine they would have the lot too.

Gfplux
17-06-2011, 22:07
I would expect to find Wifi Internet so I can use my iPhone.

murph
17-06-2011, 22:08
With the little baggage allowance allocation these days ,what would you expect to find as standard in your holiday accomodation?
The reason im interested is we met some people who booked an apartment who were told they had to supply thier own tea-towels and kitchen clothes as they were not supplied,surely this is not the norm?

Beach towels would be SO handy these days.

15kg's each is all we have with Ryanair this year. Not so bad if there weren't three females out of the four of us! :eek:

Saying that I am only required to pack my wallet!

Seriously though, how much would it cost the apartment owners to supply and Launder 4 extra Large towels a week? Any idea?

Just seen the WiFi shout. Seems to be a real lack of apartment with WiFi which I find puzzling these days.

sunspot
17-06-2011, 22:09
Yes Linda,Beach, hand and bath towels are always supplied as well as all kitchen cloths thats why i was a little surprised they did not have them,they were staying in private let accomodation

with cheese
17-06-2011, 22:11
A bed, I am not bringing me own bloody bed

murph
17-06-2011, 22:11
Yes Linda,Beach, hand and bath towels are always supplied as well as all kitchen cloths thats why i was a little surprised they did not have them,they were staying in private let accomodation

Cant Recall EVER having Beach towels.

sunspot
17-06-2011, 22:13
Beach towels would be SO handy these days.

15kg's each is all we have with Ryanair this year. Not so bad if there weren't three females out of the four of us! :eek:

Saying that I am only required to pack my wallet!

Seriously though, how much would it cost the apartment owners to supply and Launder 4 extra Large towels a week? Any idea?

Just seen the WiFi shout. Seems to be a real lack of apartment with WiFi which I find puzzling these days.

Ask them to supply them,your right these days they should supply beach towels,now the weight restrictions are so low....

marbro8
17-06-2011, 22:27
we always stay at( OUR FRIENDS) apartment on el mirador and we have always been supplied with towels and although we take our own tea towels, dish cloths,washing up liquid,washing powder,kitchen towels we found that they were already there!! but we think that they were probably left by the previouce guest than supplied by the owner,tbh as long as we have a toaster, sandwich toaster, hair dryer and iron then we usualy bring everything else ourselves, we don't need many clothes in the day because it is so hot we are usualy round the pool so you have lots of room in the cases with 40 kg between us, we normaly bring tins of salmon, cheese and tins of corned beef as well lol:eyebrows:

sunspot
17-06-2011, 22:36
we always stay at( OUR FRIENDS) apartment on el mirador and we have always been supplied with towels and although we take our own tea towels, dish cloths,washing up liquid,washing powder,kitchen towels we found that they were already there!! but we think that they were probably left by the previouce guest than supplied by the owner,tbh as long as we have a toaster, sandwich toaster, hair dryer and iron then we usualy bring everything else ourselves, we don't need many clothes in the day because it is so hot we are usualy round the pool so you have lots of room in the cases with 40 kg between us, we normaly bring tins of salmon, cheese and tins of corned beef as well lol:eyebrows:

So you may have room for some greggs steak bakes next time then?

Loaded
17-06-2011, 22:38
Shameless plug of the day: we offer free wifi at reception and around the pool at Paloma beach apartments ....

Zing

reggie
17-06-2011, 22:42
Shameless plug of the day: we offer free wifi at reception and around the pool at Paloma beach apartments ....

Zing

Same at TRG, in reception, that was, :lol:

LindaD
17-06-2011, 22:43
Cant Recall EVER having Beach towels.

It was a first for us too - lovely yellow ones at Parque Santiago 4. They were also changed a couple of times too!!!!

I'm certainly surprised they don;t get all that in a private let as many of them having a washing machine!!!!!!

sunspot
17-06-2011, 22:49
It was a first for us too - lovely yellow ones at Parque Santiago 4. They were also changed a couple of times too!!!!

This is good,nowadays beach towels should be included in the accomodation,it makes sense to me,as well as washing up liquid,tea towels and dishwasher tablets if the accomodation has one

marbro8
17-06-2011, 22:50
So you may have room for some greggs steak bakes next time then?of course, we are over in october will bring a couple if you want? will get em fresh on the day we travel cus we don't fly till mid day and just meet us at the compostella beach at about 8.30 pm:eyebrows:

Jackie
17-06-2011, 23:02
The resort we own at has always supplied beach/pool towels as well as bath towels and towelling robes. They also supply all cleaning cloths, tea towels, washing up liquid, fly/insect spray etc. They also supply a large bottle of water, T. Bags, Coffee, Sugar and milk so you can have a nice cuppa while your husband unpacks :lol:,and also a large bowl of fresh fruit

murph
17-06-2011, 23:09
The resort we own at has always supplied beach/pool towels as well as bath towels and towelling robes. They also supply all cleaning cloths, tea towels, washing up liquid, fly/insect spray etc. They also supply a large bottle of water, T. Bags, Coffee, Sugar and milk so you can have a nice cuppa while your husband unpacks :lol:,and also a large bowl of fresh fruit

We Can't afford ''Trump Towers'' for our Hols Jackie...:lol::hat::moped:

reggie
17-06-2011, 23:12

Friggin el jackie, which resort is that, We bought a lovely soft door mat for inside the apt, just to take the water off so you dont trail it all over, it lasted 1 week, gone, the cleaners also take whats left over too, washing powder etc, obviously nobody knows anything, peasants

with cheese
17-06-2011, 23:16
Being you are a brum you probably take more home than you bought.

Jackie
17-06-2011, 23:18
We Can't afford ''Trump Towers'' for our Hols Jackie...:lol::hat::moped:

haha not Trump Towers at all just what I expect from any 5* resort. When I have saved for a holiday I want a holiday ;)

Friggin el jackie, which resort is that, We bought a lovely soft door mat for inside the apt, just to take the water off so you dont trail it all over, it lasted 1 week, gone, the cleaners also take whats left over too, washing powder etc, obviously nobody knows anything, peasants

Regency Country Club in Chayofa :)

sunspot
17-06-2011, 23:18

Out of order reggie,get it sorted,
Today i would be very surprised if the welcome pack was not included,tea,coffee, water milk, sugar but you should not find anything left from previous client that has been opened,apart from cleaning products of course

reggie
17-06-2011, 23:37
Out of order reggie,get it sorted,
Today i would be very surprised if the welcome pack was not included,tea,coffee, water milk, sugar but you should not find anything left from previous client that has been opened,apart from cleaning products of course

Yeh been thinking that for a while, agent has been taking liberty's too, plays hell if i get a booking, reg you are using my things, towels sheets, etc, cheeky tw-t , i say you are using my apt, suddenly no understand, Who do you trust ?, i keep thinking people are like me, trusting and easy going, nahh they just take the p--s,

with cheese
17-06-2011, 23:50
Lend us a tenner Reggie.

reggie
17-06-2011, 23:59
Lend us a tenner Reggie.

nown as a pavaroty round these parts, ERR NO, :lol:

with cheese
18-06-2011, 07:07
Thanks, I will have to go hungry then..............

Gfplux
18-06-2011, 11:57
Yes welcome pack is a must. Also dishwasher, washing machine, cooker, microwave, coffee maker, kettle, beach towels and of course Internet with wifi

cheery
18-06-2011, 12:09
Clothes,books and snorkelling gear.
Food? I believe there are outlets called shops in Tenerife for the purchase of said products!
I don't understand why people go on holiday and complain about no TV, internet etc. Isn't the idea of going away to stop stress (or at least reduce it). The only thing we watch on telly is football when we are away, and always in a bar thereby supporting the local economy.

The thought of just lying on a beach reading a book at the moment is heaven. I can't see it happening for a good 12 months until the recession starts to ease.

Angusjim
18-06-2011, 12:16
Clothes,books and snorkelling gear.
Food? I believe there are outlets called shops in Tenerife for the purchase of said products!
I don't understand why people go on holiday and complain about no TV, internet etc. Isn't the idea of going away to stop stress (or at least reduce it). The only thing we watch on telly is football when we are away, and always in a bar thereby supporting the local economy.

The thought of just lying on a beach reading a book at the moment is heaven. I can't see it happening for a good 12 months until the recession starts to ease.

You want clothes, books & snorkelling gear in your accomodation.???:lol:

cheery
18-06-2011, 12:29
Apologies, I was replying to what someone had put regarding reduced baggage and what they would take. Although, if Ryan Air are reading this they'll probably nick that idea and charge you for clothes hire and book lending.

reggie
18-06-2011, 12:33
Dish washer ?, something else to go wrong, nah bu--er that, beach towels too ?, so the laundry bill will be more than the rent, ok if there payin 500 per week, I'm begining to think its not worth doing, Dish washer my ar-e,

onelegnofeet
18-06-2011, 12:57
Personally we buy new beach towels they are only around 5 euros once we are there ,cant remember the shops name but its right at the back of LC heading past the bus station .Part of its signage says PONCE but i know thats not its name ,and they arent the cheapies with Tenerife map,dolphins ,Ferrari on them .And we leave them on our return .The hotel/s i have stayed in no matter which board option have always supplied dish cloths ,wash up ,teatowels etc .The maids at the Marylanza even put a small arrangement of wild flowers and a small welcome card ,not daft they get somegreat tips .....

Jackie
18-06-2011, 13:01
Personally we buy new beach towels they are only around 5 euros once we are there ,cant remember the shops name but its right at the back of LC heading past the bus station .Part of its signage says PONCE but i know thats not its name ,and they arent the cheapies with Tenerife map,dolphins ,Ferrari on them .And we leave them on our return .The hotel/s i have stayed in no matter which board option have always supplied dish cloths ,wash up ,teatowels etc .The maids at the Marylanza even put a small arrangement of wild flowers and a small welcome card ,not daft they get somegreat tips .....

But most resorts that supply beach towels give you clean ones everyday, or at least they should so you are not drying yourself with 2 weeks worth of sand at the end of the hols;)

with cheese
18-06-2011, 13:11
Dish washer ?, something else to go wrong, nah bu--er that, beach towels too ?, so the laundry bill will be more than the rent, ok if there payin 500 per week, I'm begining to think its not worth doing, Dish washer my ar-e,
why do you want to use towels that others use, I love my towel with a grumpy old man scratching his nuts, it goes down a treat with the Germans.

The sign changes OL it has a customer recognition sequence. It obviously see you coming.

onelegnofeet
18-06-2011, 13:14
But most resorts that supply beach towels give you clean ones everyday, or at least they should so you are not drying yourself with 2 weeks worth of sand at the end of the hols;)

You dont have to wash them by pounding them on the rocks Jackie ,even Tenerife have washing mahines !!!

Jackie
18-06-2011, 13:18
You dont have to wash them by pounding them on the rocks Jackie ,even Tenerife have washing mahines !!!

But when I'm on holiday I don't want to be cooking, cleaning or even washing beach towels, to be honest I don't want to be doing those things at any time:lol::lol:

onelegnofeet
18-06-2011, 13:55
But when I'm on holiday I don't want to be cooking, cleaning or even washing beach towels, to be honest I don't want to be doing those things at any time:lol::lol:

Then you should have married my wifeys Husband !!!!

Jackie
18-06-2011, 14:10
Then you should have married my wifeys Husband !!!!

Oohhh OLNF is that a proposal:lol::lol:

sunspot
18-06-2011, 14:12

All depends on the size of accomodation,if its 2 then waste of time but if its 10 then a dishwasher is a must

reggie
18-06-2011, 14:27
All depends on the size of accomodation,if its 2 then waste of time but if its 10 then a dishwasher is a must

Mine are for 2, there is washing machines, more than 2, they seem to wreck the place, i get enough of that at home, Blady students, I really need a good all rounder that lives on TRG, so they can keep an eye on the place,